IT.COM

strategy Why I believe NamePros is best place to buy and sell domains!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Most active domainers are on namepros who sell and buy all day long.
why pay % of 20-25% to GD, Sedo and other place when u still buying and selling from same people.
There is less shill bidding here because its clear who bids on auctions.
On GD they hide identities and allowing shill bidding this way.
Every day u can go to major market place and see clear shill bidding.
The best deals are here on NamePros.
Lets stop paying commission to companies that do not respect us.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The pool of endusers here is quite a bit smaller than on marketplaces like flippa. So namepros is good to sell/auction domains so long as your okay with selling at reseller pricing. I'd highly doubt that the auctions I've sold on flippa for high $x,xxx would get anywhere close to those prices if auctioned here.

•••
I agree that namepros is a great place buy and sell domain names.

•••
I agree that namepros is a great place buy and sell domain names. However on the sales side of things. I think np is lacking the big spenders that you will see on the major market places.

Agreed !!!.. In my point of view the reason why the big spenders not often found on NP is ,

> The sale list not aligned like Sedo. where you can play around the names you need. (Like filtering, Kerword search, Domian Extension you need )

> And there is no outbound advertisement of NP sale list to open market places (Domain listed Sedo or afternic will reflect in WHOIS online tool sites as SALE, where potential buyer can easily identify )

•••
Agreed !!!.. In my point of view the reason why the big spenders not often found on NP is ,

> The sale list not aligned like Sedo. where you can play around the names you need. (Like filtering, Kerword search, Domian Extension you need )

> And there is no outbound advertisement of NP sale list to open market places (Domain listed Sedo or afternic will reflect in WHOIS online tool sites as SALE, where potential buyer can easily identify )

Theres other reasons why ..

Lack of good names. Also to many beginners. Most guys that are really spending money dont want to waste time looking at domains like topictrends.xyz and listening to the dumb babble of beginners.

•••
Most guys that are really spending money dont want to waste time looking at domains like topictrends.xyz
That's why we have a Top Domains section. I know for a fact that most of the household names that are actively buying look at that section, because I see them viewing it in the visitor logs. ;)

•••
That's why we have a Top Domains section. I know for a fact that most of the household names that are actively buying look at that section, because I see them viewing it in the visitor logs. ;)

Theres still not enough imo to attract the major guys hunting. One reason I wont post my better stuff on here is the google index.

So say I post a premium for sale and it gets some bad offers. Now when you look the domain on google it comes up with the namepros posting and the bad offers. I feel like that can damage a potiental sale.

•••
Theres still not enough imo to attract the major guys hunting. One reason I wont post my better stuff on here is the google index.

So say I post a premium for sale and it gets some bad offers. Now when you look the domain on google it comes up with the namepros posting and the bad offers. I feel like that can damage a potiental sale.
Keep in mind that you can always add "Direct Message Offers ONLY" as a requirement so they don't show on the listing. Addionally, when a sale is over, you can always click the report button on the listing and request that the title be edited to "SOLD" without the domain. (As long as the thread is not old/closed/archived already)

You can also space out the domain to prevent it from showing up in search engines like so: "e x a m p l e . c o m"

Another option might be to use the Exclusive Marketplace where listings are not indexed in google.

I hope that helps,

•••
Theres other reasons why ..

Lack of good names. Also to many beginners. Most guys that are really spending money dont want to waste time looking at domains like topictrends.xyz and listening to the dumb babble of beginners.
That would have been you ( dumb babble ) 2 years ago.....?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Sorry I disagree! Namepros is for domainers to domainers. It's not the place for end users.
Uniregistry, Sedo, ESPECIALLY GODADDY are the best place for end users.
YES! To target end users, list your domain at Godaddy is your most priority.
Also, Godaddy Auctions is the biggest battle among domainers. They'll fight for the domain they like (bidding war).

Last edited:
•••
Sorry I disagree! Namepros is for domainers to domainers. It's not the place for end users.
I absolutely agree with you, I sold many domains to endusers via Godaddy (Buy It Now).

•••
Nice thread, but lets expand the options. I would be prepared to offer a 15% commission to any NP member who arranges a retail sale of one of my names for more than $2,000.

That's at a price that I accept of course

I also think that being one of the big names in the industry and having an array of features in it's arsenal,
Namepros should also have a section for Domain Brokerage.

Like the section "Promote Your Auctions" , people could send their domains to the Brokerage section, but secretly.
Namepros can set a limit on how much domains one can send in a week and set certain guidelines to limit people sending trash domains.

I don't think I would mind giving 10-15% to the Namepros broker on a nice sale.
Money for both the parties. Win Win! :)

@Eric Lyon Is there any scope for this or was it tried in the past maybe?

•••
@Eric Lyon Is there any scope for this or was it tried in the past maybe?
We have a lot of projects in the works that are going to be game changers and help domainers but I can't talk about them yet. ;)

•••
I think NP is an amazing place to buy domains. but to sell to end users? Eh

I think it is a great place to liquidate unwanted domains or those that do not fit the overall strategy.

Also, Godaddy Auctions is the biggest battle among domainers. They'll fight for the domain they like (bidding war).

Thanks. Seriously did not consider Godaddy for end users. heh.

•••
We have a lot of projects in the works that are going to be game changers and help domainers but I can't talk about them yet. ;)

Yeahh! Sounds good. :happy:
Would be nice to see what I proposed and many other new game changing additions and improvements in this forum.
Good Luck! (y)

•••
It's one of the best place to buy and sell domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back