IT.COM

.tv Why I am believe in .TV ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I think .TV is the best domain except .com ,
When I own a .tv and creat a website, I don't want to buy the same .com , .TV is special and has its own feature , It's the best multi-media sites choice , no need .Com .
In the future , there will be more video relate sites ,Do you think there may be another EBAY, Amazon ,not pictures on it , but videos .People prefer to watching videos before they buy some special goods. because pictures can't show enough details .
Each multi-media site will be a potential .TV domain user( especialy if they can't acquire .COM ) .
The videos will be like the current pictures , spread on every aspect .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did not enter the .TV space until 2008 but have seen very little in the way of end user sales personally. Of course my .TV drops often end up being picked up and repriced by the new registrant for several times my asking price in the weeks before I let it expire. One recent drop got repriced to $10k - good luck with that! Of course most of most .TV domains were also acquired on the drop 2009 to 2010 or on forums so....

•••
I will add that currently 75% of my domains are priced $799 or less

•••
.tv extention is welcomed in China and so many media companies use .tv as their website.
how about foreign domain market?

•••
.tv extention is welcomed in China...

Really...? There were quite a few premium .tv domains (many LL.tv & NN.tv) at the special auction held by ROD in partnership with 4.cn during DomainfestAsia and none got any attention, not a single one. Chinese buyers are putting their money on .com, only a few are actually buying .tv's.

•••
Really...? There were quite a few premium .tv domains (many LL.tv & NN.tv) at the special auction held by ROD in partnership with 4.cn during DomainfestAsia and none got any attention, not a single one. Chinese buyers are putting their money on .com, only a few are actually buying .tv's.

I would agree there is not widespread adoption of .TV in China, we would see more action if there was imo. There are a few investors in .tv, Fleaking a member here who I have not seen in awhile, think he was in college, did a lot of business in .tv and a few others. But there is not the kind of buying like there is for all things short in .com. Would be nice if there was that kind of buying.

•••
In fact , only a very few people invest .TV in China , a lots of people don't know where to register .TV . and .TV price is so high .

•••
I was the seller of 24.tv at the 4.CN auction. The name sold for $28,000 and I am seeing a totally different response from the Chinese market on .TV.

Good luck all!

A

•••
I was the seller of 24.tv at the 4.CN auction. The name sold for $28,000 and I am seeing a totally different response from the Chinese market on .TV.

Good luck all!

A

Thanks for let us know , I am live in China , As I said , Only a few of people invest in .TV when it compare to the other domains such as .net , .cc ....
We are now creating QQ group , Wechat group to promote .TV .
For the register price , compare to .cc
on 22.cn .tv is 200 cny/year , .cc is 17 cny/year .
on xinnet.com .tv is 250 cny/year , .cc is 25 cny/year
When you register 1 .TV , you can register 20 .CC

but as I think , the .TV is best domain after .COM , So I believe in .TV , and hope more and more people pay attention to it .

•••
Really...? There were quite a few premium .tv domains (many LL.tv & NN.tv) at the special auction held by ROD ..... i have Rod.Tv

•••
What's the best place to get the daily dot tv drops? or see a list of formerly owned dot tv that were dropped and not re-registered?

•••
Many moons ago, I frequented the legacy .tv forums as a strong believer in .TV.
And over the years .TV has always maintained an amazing extension to use, invest in or build on.
It is used and loved as a natural fit for many sites. Simply put, that is the true mark of a successful domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back