IT.COM

question Why do people sell good names wholesale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave321

Established Member
Impact
I see people selling names in SH and BB for 50.00

Then I hear about people who buy them and sell them for 2-3k.

I just cant picture myself parting with my brandable names for that cheap.

Just curious what are some of the reasons.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
some people don't have the funds to renew hundred of names every year
also sometimes you just can't sell a name ^^

•••
some people don't have the funds to renew hundred of names every year
also sometimes you just can't sell a name ^^

How do you determine if a name wont sell though? Some names might take 10 years to sell but if you paid reg fee your roi is good.

•••
@dave321 it might sell and it might not even if it does in the meantime you wasted other opportunities at auctions ;) sometimes it is best to let go if you tried your best and you are unsure if the name is gonna sell and move on to the next thing

you can't renew everything in a hope of them selling in 10 years from now

•••
@dave321 it might sell and it might not even if it does in the meantime you wasted other opportunities at auctions ;) sometimes it is best to let go if you tried your best and you are unsure if the name is gonna sell and move on to the next thing

you can't renew everything in a hope of them selling in 10 years from now

So whats your policy? After two years, liquidate?

•••
depends on the name really there is no strict rule for this kind of decision
most of the time i do outbound no replies i offer the name for 100$ no reply i liquidate (low tier geo domains)

•••
depends on the name really there is no strict rule for this kind of decision
most of the time i do outbound no replies i offer the name for 100$ no reply i liquidate (low tier geo domains)

Makes sense. This is something I really need to consider. I remember back in the day people would get 200.00 wholesale for these names that are listed on BB for 2-3k. I suppose that doesnt happen much anymore?

•••
@dave321 general rule especially here on namepros is 1% of listing price for brandbucket
(you will have no problem selling for 1%)

•••
@dave321 general rule especially here on namepros is 1% of listing price for brandbucket
(you will have no problem selling for 1%)

yeah... I should probably start working on an outbound strategy. Any tips?

•••
@dave321 don't track the emails and don't use gmail
those two caused most of my outbound lately to land in spam

Tools to use
Dotdb.com
Namedroppers.com
kendo linkedin email extractor

good luck ^^

•••
I see people selling names in SH and BB for 50.00

Then I hear about people who buy them and sell them for 2-3k.

I just cant picture myself parting with my brandable names for that cheap.

Just curious what are some of the reasons.
because someone needs money for food and for paying bills, and to renew hundreds of domains.

How do you determine if a name wont sell though? Some names might take 10 years to sell but if you paid reg fee your roi is good.
it's hard to determine which domain is lucky i have grace deleted a hyphenated domain that offered to Nameproser for $10 he passed it but later this guy registered it and sold it for $500 on Efty he reported it here on NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
Some people just need the money.. times are tough out there, everything is so expensive, it's becoming harder to just survive

•••
I keep renewing my wife and no one want to buy it.

•••
People need to focus on selling to end users. Selling in SH, Flippa BB etc is never going to get you top dollar. A lot people buy a name for $100 on SH or BB, and then flip it to an end users for 2K or 6K.

Last edited:
•••
  • Urgent to sell, need cash flow
  • The wholesale is more acceptable to the buyer

•••
The turn over it is possible to make money every day if you lower margin.

•••
Paying for a surgery next week, is prioritized over an imaginary lottery. Not every domainers wallet is thick that they can keep renewing for years.

You have to take cold, reasoned decisions sometimes.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back