Domain Empire

Why do Namejet allow a bidder to bid on name that clearly has reserve price on it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamaldeen

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hi,
I feel namejet should find a way of sorting buyers that will bid on names that clearly has a reserve of above $500 and will still bid,the name will eventually go to auction,and everything will be blank,is there a thing that can be done to rectify this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameJet cares more about commissions than bidder integrity.

There are multiple threads here all leading back to their useless leader @NameJetGM who is a coward that stalks the threads, but doesn’t have a backbone to respond.

•••
NameJet cares more about commissions than bidder integrity.

There are multiple threads here all leading back to their useless leader @NameJetGM who is a coward that stalks the threads, but doesn’t have a backbone to respond.
I will have to agree with this.

•••
I've always wondered why people bid in $5 increments (up to $1,000) when it clearly states the reserve is somewhere between $5,000-$10,000. I watched bidding on one of my domains recently for about an hour after the original auction end as it s l o w l y reached $1,000, then increments went up and the auction went up to $3,000, and that's where it ended, unsold. If the reserve is stated as being over $5K, then why waste an hour bidding in lowly increments?

•••
I've always wondered why people bid in $5 increments (up to $1,000) when it clearly states the reserve is somewhere between $5,000-$10,000. I watched bidding on one of my domains recently for about an hour after the original auction end as it s l o w l y reached $1,000, then increments went up and the auction went up to $3,000, and that's where it ended, unsold. If the reserve is stated as being over $5K, then why waste an hour bidding in lowly increments?

There are certain persons who believe in “price discovery”, as a means to bring visibility to their own auctions, their friends, their partners, their pay per click links and auctions. They talk about it, write about it. I have watched and noted who they are. You should too. Its a form of advertising in best case. Its also about creating a false sense of demand and value in the worse case.

If you watch other auctions platforms you won’t see it.

For OP didnt you watch this thread?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/bidding-on-your-own-names-at-namejet.1030874/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back