IT.COM

NameJet - Adding domains

NameSilo
Watch

gcmera

Established Member
Impact
I sent a email to list my domains on Namejet. They replied saying they can list the domains with no reserve .
If the domain sells they will take 15 percent.

Couple of questions.

1. Do I have to sell the domain even if I don't like the highest bid ?
2. How is name jet otherwise for transactions ?
3. Is it that NameJet only lists expired domains ?
4. What are the chances to sell domain on Namejet ?

I have seen a user on Namejet "auction halt" who suddenly comes in and bids for highest amount.
for e.g I have seen the bids go suddenly from 300 to 5000 ...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
1) Yes
2) Good
3) No
4) Depends on name and interest of

•••
Thanks for the reply.
Is it good idea to list without reserve.

•••
I don't have much experience with Namejet but I don't think they can force us to put a reserve in order to sell?

•••
Thanks for the reply.
Is it good idea to list without reserve.
Depends on the name and if you think it will organically receive bids which come close to your asking price. If not, be willing to take the loss.

I don't have much experience with Namejet but I don't think they can force us to put a reserve in order to sell?
Presumably, you meant "I don't think they can force us to not put a reserve in order to sell" and the answer to that question is, yes they can, on their platform. It is their platform and if they do not like the pricing (which means they feel the domain might not sell at the given reserve), they have the right to refuse to list it.

•••
Auction is about taking risk. But once you have a good domain for sale, you may take the risk.

However, be sure it is a calculated risk. Otherwise, put a reserve. But reserves sometimes seems to discourage bidders.

When you can't bear the risk and they insists on removing the reserve (which I have never experienced) you can list in other marketplace in fairness to your BP:xf.cool:

•••
Back