NameSilo

advice Why do backlinks mater on parked domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave321

Established Member
Impact
I keep reading that for traffic and good parking revenue, I should pick a domain with quality backlinks.

But if its type in traffic how does that relate? What am I missing?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are not missing anything. You are talking about different sources of traffic, that's all.

If you have domains that receive traffic directly from the url bar and that traffic is good (ie. it converts to money) then even with zero backlinks you are all set.

All you need is traffic that really converts (ie. no fake traffic). Where that traffic comes from, it doesn't matter.

•••
You are not missing anything. You are talking about different sources of traffic, that's all.

If you have domains that receive traffic directly from the url bar and that traffic is good (ie. it converts to money) then even with zero backlinks you are all set.

All you need is traffic that really converts (ie. no fake traffic). Where that traffic comes from, it doesn't matter.

Thanks Hypersot.

But what I dont understand is, just because a name has a lot of backlinks, how does that translate to traffic?

I could understand if you buy an actual website attached to a name with content that is ranked for certain keywords then backlinks would = traffic.

But just a domain with no content and tons of quality backlinks? I dont get how that how that = traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Unless the traffic comes directly from the backlinks? lol I feel so stupid if this is the case

•••
Well, think of it this way:

you setup a website which succeeds and the activity on your website (or the content you put on) adds several references to other websites via http links

Now, let's say that one of those external websites gets abandoned by its owner and the domain becomes available to register by anyone.

If someone buys that domain and parks it there is a chance that some users on your website click on that old referral link (ie. backlink) which will lead to the -now- parked domain.

..hence the traffic from a backlink to the domain that is parked :)

•••
Well, think of it this way:

you setup a website which succeeds and the activity on your website (or the content you put on) adds several references to other websites via http links

Now, let's say that one of those external websites gets abandoned by its owner and the domain becomes available to register by anyone.

If someone buys that domain and parks it there is a chance that some users on your website click on that old referral link (ie. backlink) which will lead to the -now- parked domain.

..hence the traffic from a backlink to the domain that is parked :)

Makes total sense. Im so used to thinking about backlinks as just a tool to get ranked... the thought of the backlinks actually generating traffic flew right over my head. lol Thanks

•••
Exactly.

Just try not to fall to the same trap that many others do: more backlinks =/= more traffic.

If a backlink is good (good position on the page, page has lots of visits, etc.) can bring more traffic than what a thousand useless backlinks can bring.

One of the most useful tools in parking is Common Sense. Use your common sense when searching for good backlinks and you'll succeed more than when just looking for high numbers.

best of luck

•••
i place zero emphasis on backlinks.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back