IT.COM

advice Does traffic depends on number of backlinks? - Newbie question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dmytros

genericdomainz.comRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hi!
I am absolutely new in domain parking business, my Sedo parking has about 50 leads\month, thats a little I guess.
I have a question - Does traffic, maybe 500 visits/month, by some way correlating with number of backlinks?
If we have good backlinks? If we have bad?
How much of backlinks you must have to drive real huge traffic? Is it possible?
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the best traffic is "type-in" traffic, where users actually type a url in the address bar

backlink traffic is dependent on where the link is, within the website it resides

and backinks are also dependent on a webmasters prerogative to remove them, where there is no benefit to maintain it.

still, good links can provide 1 > any number of visitors a day.

though, again, depending on how popular the site is, and where the link is placed on that/those site/sites.

now whether or not those visitors convert to $, is another story

imo......

•••
biggie, Thanks for the reply, I will consider it...

Did you or anyone seen any dependance between number of links, (like 5000 from 100 urls) or (50.000 from 2.000) and traffic on such domain? For me it's very interesting, but again I am complete newbie in parking.

•••
i think the "volume" of links is irrelevant, when compared to the quality of the traffic coming from them.

meaning, you could have a domain with 500 links and it's crap traffic.

where the domain or website you're redirecting the "link" traffic to, can't use it.

so, in that respect, i'd say 1 link that brings 10 quality visitors a day and converts (CTR) at 20%, with an average (EPC ) of $0.50, will earn you about $1.

it's not so black and white with link traffic, unless you just want "numbers" for the sake of saying
" we get X amount of visitors per day"

Good Luck!

•••
Traffic depends on a lot of different sources.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back