Dynadot

Why .com not .co ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bookname

Established Member
Impact
Me and my friend argue about domain TLD, I say .com better than .co, How do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the same term, .COM is obviously better than for a large number of reasons. Anyone arguing against that doesn't have a clue.

Brad
I am super curious your position. Can you list some of the reasons why you believe the longer extension .com is always better then .co?
Educate us, please?

•••
Every ccTLD is shorter than .COM. You could make the same case for .ws or .cc or whatever other extension you want.

1.) More established.
2.) More usage.
3.) More demand.
4.) More value.
5.) Lower carrying cost.

Alright, I am bored listing reasons but there are many more.

Brad
Interesting perspective but 95% of domainers would rather own something such as pet.co or ta.co then pet.com or taco.com

•••
Interesting perspective but 95% of domainers would rather own something such as pet.co or ta.co then pet.com or taco.com

I would rather choose pet.com than pet.co , but I curious Im on the 5% side. I supposedly on the 95% side which I love .com than .co

Last edited:
•••
what about exatc match product name like-
hand sanitizer.co
or
face shield.co ?

•••
what about exatc match product name like-
hand sanitizer.co
or
face shield.co ?

•••
OP asked "..., we compare apple to apple, example mydomain.com with mydomain.co"

As I said,

In this instance, dot com always, no argument!
But what if the .com is taken. As an investor, can i expect .co might get sale?

•••
•••
But what if the .com is taken. As an investor, can i expect .co might get sale?

I will go with .org if .com is not available!

•••
Because when I address xxx.co will accidentally type xxx.com.

•••
•••
Many here like .com than .co :xf.eek::xf.eek:

•••
.com is out of this world :)

Last edited:
•••
Rare stuffs = expensive and better

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back