Dynadot

WhoIs records: Is there a way to view "stats"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I realize this could be a silly question, but hey, here it goes...

Is there a way to find out how many times a WhoIs record has been viewed?

Reason being, I had my eye on an expiring that's likely worth reg fee, but BuyDomains snagged it. (Imagine that). I'm holding out hope they drop it in a few days, but I wanted to make sure there aren't any methods that will show them how many times I've F5'd the WhoIs page. O_o

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They can see how many times a certain IP has accessed the whois but I doubt they do that honestly since there are thousands of visits to the whois of every domain that is registered by other domainers, bots, etc.

If you use Epik or Namebright you can see the whois hits on your own domains. Have a look and you'll realise what I'm talking about :)

•••
Think that Godaddy is introducing a "number of watchers" thing to their auctions but there's no reliable way to check the number of times a record has been checked unless you are the registrar for the domain.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Is the registrar Buydomains ? Then they caught the name under their own credentials and may be recording connections to their whois server.
But you don't have to perform a whois query to check domain name availability.

•••
Namebright is the only registrar that I know of that lets you see the number of whois lookups of your domains. Obviously only working for COM/NET and only while thin whois is still in place..

•••
Is the registrar Buydomains ? Then they caught the name under their own credentials and may be recording connections to their whois server.
But you don't have to perform a whois query to check domain name availability.

Correction: HugeDomains owns it (Equally screwed.)

It looks like Dropcatch.com caught it and Dynadot was the previous registrar. I should have known one of the big domain resellers would snag it. They grab every worthless domain that I've ever dropped. 10 years later, they're still selling hand-regs from my original portfolio for $x,xxx :vomit:

•••
Is there a way to find out how many times a WhoIs record has been viewed?

Epik has a feature that allows this for domains registered through them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back