IT.COM

information Whoadomain.com Sold InvestReit.com $50K Handreg.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just sold InvestReit.com for $55,025.

It was a Handreg back in 9/26/17. So three years.

3 years of renewals about $24.

Reit means Real Estate Investment Trust.

This is officially the highest "Reit" domain sale. The highest one previously was only $24,000.

And the fourth highest "invest" domain sale.

The sale technically happened around Thanksgiving so I have a lot to thankful for.

Special thanks to @epik and @robmonster for facilitating the sale!

And yes I got permission from the buyer first before I posted this.

Best of luck to everyone!
Happy Holidays!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats! but i can't learn anything about this sale

•••
•••
Not to take away from your sale but dnjournal
usually doesn’t list payment plan names until they are paid for, was this financed, or is Epik underwriting the debt load?

•••
Congrats WhoaDomain.com! These posts are inspiring.

Nice work, All!

•••
•••
Somebody beat me to trade REIT and trade REITs. Nice sale!

•••
Excellent sale. Couldntve happened to a more deserving candidate. Congratulations! :)

•••
Congrats! This is one of the best reported hand reg sales. Really amazing!

What made you price it at $55k? And was the price revealed from the start using BIN (Afternic or lander) or was it just make offer?
probably came down from $100k. Excellent name for a domain.

•••
Thanks for this awesome and inspiring tale of shooting for the moon! Congrats and happy holidays to you!

•••
Whoa!!!! Congrats WhoaDomains. Extremely Happy for you.
Who did the financing after all?

Not sure if it is luck he gets it right often enough :)
I think he has amazing insights and maybe great negotiation skills or something.
He sold BullionBlocks for 8K recently and CoinMena earlier. All Hand reg
@WhoaDomain.com would you like to share how many handregs do you hold?

•••
Yup that's me! I'm that guy that will pick up something that's been put out the trash and then make money from it. I could only imagine of someone on here who regged it in 2003 and then 2015 and let it go is reading this now and eating their heart out?

who exactly is internettraffic.com or residual.co?
Who would have thought that junk became a gem. Congrats again kabayan, isa kang legend.

•••
Congratulations, Reits are big business.

•••
•••
@WhoaDomain.com what's your sell through rate for your 15k domains, let say % of domains sold above $500 . Here everybody talks about 1 to 2% STR per year, but i see something like 0.5% only on my portfolio. whats your take on it. And congrats on new milestone sale :)

Last edited:
•••
@WhoaDomain.com what's your sell through rate for your 15k domains, let say % of domains sold above $500 . Here everybody talks about 1 to 2% STR per year, but i see something like 0.5% only on my portfolio. whats your take on it. And congrats on new milestone sale :)

I think 1-2% is about right. Again I do have sales under tight NDA's. Those basically covered about 3 years of renewals with profit on the side.

Not really here to give up all my financials to just anyone who asks. You know?

Let's just keep things strictly about the magnitude of the sale.

And as far as me keeping a float and the "concern" relax.

I'm on a Boat!

•••
I feel the need to speak about this whole thing that I’m lucky and I have this knack for finding “out there” never gonna sell type domains and then by luck sell it.

Before registering InvestReit.com I Iooked at the comps below and based on that made an educated decision and bet on InvestReit.com.

InvestReit.com was a sound investment not a fools bet. It’s sale was an inevitability as with most of my domains.

I don’t base my business on luck.

There are many things in this world you can “invest” in. You could do 100x worse than InvestReit.com .

I can give examples but I might accidentally give unregistered domain names. I don’t work for free guys! Look for them yourselves! Lol

many here would easily justify the purchase of any random 4L.com and call it “liquid” ultimately that’s a big gamble with usually a $100 to $250 or even $2000 in the hopes it will sell “some day”.

don’t know about you but I like my chances with my handreg than with “hype” designed to create demand for 4L.com. Yea sure some will some for big money eventually but not all.

me? I live for the thrill of the chase. To create value out of thin air.

depending on the 4L.com it’s most times it’s like a fools bet. Not to worry I have some too. I have no confidence I will ever sell mine for the same price as InvestReit.com but since 4L.com’s are like catnip to domainers I use these 4L’s to capture attention and redirect them to my domain auctions.

reits.com 30,000 USD 2012-05-16 Afternic
smartreit.com 24,000 USD 2015-07-26 DomainHoldings/ BuyDomains
breitband.de 22,574 USD 2020-03-06 Sedo
capreit.ca 15,000 USD 2020-07-05 DAN.com
ushareit.com 8,888 USD 2015-02-19 Sedo
nyreit.com 8,300 USD 2013-12-29 Afternic
newyorkreit.com 8,300 USD 2013-12-29 Afternic
reitartikel.com 6,434 USD 2010-05-10 Sedo
reithose.com 5,627 USD 2015-10-08 Sedo
autoaufbereitung.de 5,400 USD 2009-03-31 Sedo

Domain
Price Date Venue
investing.com 2,450,000 USD 2012-12-19 Private
invest.com 1,015,000 USD 2008-10-07 Sedo
investment.com 900,000 USD 2007-12-12 Moniker
investmentproperty.com.au 127,501 USD 2011-09-28 NetFleet
investmentproperty.com.au 125,001 USD 2011-09-14 NetFleet
investingmoney.com 55,000 USD 2019-03-05 Sedo
invest.net 45,000 USD 2008-03-19 Moniker
investments.net 25,250 USD 2010-06-23 Sedo
investsmart.com 25,000 USD 2017-06-18 Pvt Sale
investingsense.com 25,000 USD 2016-04-06 Uniregistry

•••
What have you done :)

Reit.png

•••
•••
hmmm doesn't seem to be any domain of that price on Namebio for that price with that pattern.

NDA?

Afternic?

No NDA; sold on Afternic. Two "similar" names sold for $8,300 each to the same company, which gave me the idea for the longer version (the sales were reported on your research list). The company used my name for their developed website, instead of the other 2.

•••
Congratulations. Was this the first offer that was made or did you set a Buy Now Price on this domain?

no. Buyer came in at $10,000 and I came in at the price of the highest but closest comp to InvestReit.com which was investmentproperty.com.au at $127,000.

InvestReit.com is short and in king. I explained to buyer that technically I could have asked for more than what investmentproperty.com.au because .com.au is not as good as .com.au.

Honestly. I think I wouldn't be wrong to ask above $127,000 or even just asking flat out $127,000.
I don't think it would have been unreasonable given the comp.

but did realistically in "real time" while on the phone with buyer dropped it down to the $50,000 just to get it "done" I told buyer. buyer appreciated the serious discounting in price.

took some time and decided to go with $50K the extra $5K was for financing and processing fee for Epik to handle the transaction.

It's very awesome and creates trust with buyer when the CEO of the processing company handles the transaction personally and takes your calls.

Rob really help facilitate. I'd pay the 9% commission gladly for that on $50,000 which the buyer agreed to shoulder the cost.

Please note Buyer had difficulties with securing financing via Lendvo and DomainCapital.

I assume with financing from any other options the financing would have ended up in the end being an extra $5K anyways at the end.

So win win for both buyer and seller.

•••
Congratulations. Do you guys know that there is REIT extension.

•••
•••
•••
Congratz! & Thanks Much for Sharing!

•••
I hope someday I'll get the BIG fish too! Amin...

You will! Have faith! Just so your homework and I’m sure it will happen! Good luck and happy holidays to you and your family.

Also……… there’s more than one way to get to $50,000 like

$1,000 x 50 sales = $50,000
$2,000 x 25 sales = $50,000
$5,000 x 10 sales = $50,000

You get the idea.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back