NameSilo

information Whoadomain.com Sold InvestReit.com $50K Handreg.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just sold InvestReit.com for $55,025.

It was a Handreg back in 9/26/17. So three years.

3 years of renewals about $24.

Reit means Real Estate Investment Trust.

This is officially the highest "Reit" domain sale. The highest one previously was only $24,000.

And the fourth highest "invest" domain sale.

The sale technically happened around Thanksgiving so I have a lot to thankful for.

Special thanks to @epik and @robmonster for facilitating the sale!

And yes I got permission from the buyer first before I posted this.

Best of luck to everyone!
Happy Holidays!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good for you @WhoaDomain.com did they do the payment plan after all?

You might want to report this one to DNJournal

yea. I wanted to report that sale on Namebio and DNJournal so I can attach "whoadomain.com" to the "press release" I just don't know how to go about it.

yea. payment plan yup.

•••
•••
So it was first registered on 2003 and deleted thrice, good to see you kept that gem (y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201201_160910.jpg
    Screenshot_20201201_160910.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 283
•••
•••
Congrats! This is one of the best reported hand reg sales. Really amazing!

What made you price it at $55k? And was the price revealed from the start using BIN (Afternic or lander) or was it just make offer?

•••
probably came down from $100k. Excellent name for a domain.

Correct! $127,000 actually. Sometimes you need to feel your out. Don't get that mistaken for feel your buyer up because that will just end ruining the sale and you in jail. Lol

•••
Congratulations! Amazing selection of domain name. I compiled some hand reg stories here

•••
buyer got a steal congrats to all the winners

I thought that too but few things I considered.

1. He registered the exact match social media accounts. No one really talks about this but a domain with its matching social media accounts taken by others or the buyer ? Kind puts the seller in a pickle.

So here's a thought. Should domainers try to secure the exact match social media accounts for their domains to lock in value?

2. Coronavirus economy = you take what you can get.

3. Payment plans really are a Godsend.

4. The price was originally $50k but got bumped up to $55k to cover transaction expenses plus since it's in installments I needed to get some interest also. Epik was paid 9%. I can say this publicly because seller agrees to the terms.

•••
So here's a thought. Should domainers try to secure the exact match social media accounts for their domains to lock in value?.

I did this with a few of my domains, not easy to find social media names available (at least not on twitter and ig)

•••
•••

This is officially the highest "Reit" domain sale. The highest one previously was only $24,000.

The sale technically happened around Thanksgiving so I have a lot to thankful for.

Happy Holidays!

Congrats @WhoaDomain.com and @Rob Monster

I sold a similar name back in 2014

(city name) + REIT .com

It was also a handreg (I registered it at $2.17)

I originally had it priced at $50K but I played with the price and the buyer caught it at my bin of $7597

•••
Hey Rob, Does a domain have to registered at Epik to be listed for sale or pointed there?

Nope, as long as you are the domain owner, you can list any domain at any registrar. It is also possible to use the SSL landers even if domains are not at Epik.

They don't just look good but we help clients close deals if they want the help. We specialize in closing inbound leads and have pretty good analytics when it comes to vetting inbound inquiries.

•••
wow
that's great sale
but it can give wrong impression to newbies and even lesser newbies that such things are frequent. like the post above this one...

I mean u basically won the lottery here... with odds of say 1 in 1million ;)

well...don't spend it all in one place heheh cheers
I am afraid there will be a frenzy of REIT+keyword and keyword+REIT in all sorts of TLDs being hand registered without people realizing that REIT is not a Novel investment field, in fact it is a very boring investment that has been around for a while and there is no mad rush of money into actual Reit. In fact, with so many people working from home, and commercial rents plummeting, they will be badly hit.

•••
came across this website while doing "Reit" Googling.

ReitDesign.com

not exactly sure if they are using Reit as a brand? or as the abbreviation? Real Estate Investment Trust?

just an example of a non-real estate related website using "reit"

•••
  • Q: Who can register a .reit domain name?
A: A stringent validation process will ensure that only applicants able to document that they are operating as REITs (regardless of what acronym they are known by in their home country) in countries with established REIT regimes recognized by Nareit will be able to register a .reit domain. Registrants may be required to submit additional documentation in support of their domain name application. Only qualifying REITs may apply for and register a .reit domain name. Domain names are available only to actual REIT entities and not to REIT sponsors, holding companies, or other affiliated entities.

Source: .reit - The online home for the worldwide community of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).

Cheers
Corey

•••
i hand reg InvestReig.com . Reig ( Real Estate Investment Group )
upload_2020-12-19_5-58-21.png

•••
Congratulations on the sale... Is this the domain name that you were previously helping the buyer to secure financing?

•••

Happy Holidays!
Congrats kabayan

•••
Congrats

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congratulations on the sale... Is this the domain name that you were previously helping the buyer to secure financing?

yup thanks for reminding me. I need to put a bowtie on that thread. no longer needed. Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back