IT.COM

information Whoadomain.com Sold InvestReit.com $50K Handreg.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just sold InvestReit.com for $55,025.

It was a Handreg back in 9/26/17. So three years.

3 years of renewals about $24.

Reit means Real Estate Investment Trust.

This is officially the highest "Reit" domain sale. The highest one previously was only $24,000.

And the fourth highest "invest" domain sale.

The sale technically happened around Thanksgiving so I have a lot to thankful for.

Special thanks to @epik and @robmonster for facilitating the sale!

And yes I got permission from the buyer first before I posted this.

Best of luck to everyone!
Happy Holidays!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@WhoaDomain.com Dude congrats to you!

And @Rob Monster for helping out. Thanks for sharing fellas!

I spent much of my day helping guys close deals. It is vastly easier to do that when the domains are registered at Epik so please keep that in mind when asking for help to close a deal.

Shoot the moon technique recapped here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/yall-wanna-shoot-the-moon.1162085/

In a world where the rich got richer, it essential to try it, and then back into leasing or payment plan before dropping down to the very weak "Make offer" stage of the discussion.

And with cryptos through the roof, don't forget to present crypto as an option if you think your prospect is potentially a crypto holder. The crypto holders had a really good month.

•••
•••
Whoa! Congrats for the amazing sale! Just to note that for Godaddy appraisals the domain is worth $1,423. Another prove to not trust on automated valuations, worthless most of the time.

Last edited:
•••
What promotion are you talking about. I think this one had alot to do with luck.

Actually come to think of it. I chose investreit.com because Reit's are a great vehicle to invest in for stable wealth and retirement IF YOU CHOOSE the right kind like REIT's with a focus on below. As times get tougher people with big retirement funds will want to look for better investment opportunities and they will "invest in REIT's". Make it short. InvestREIT.com.
Wasn't pure luck. Just an eventuality.

I've always used this analogy before about being at the right place at the right time. I think it applies here.

Senior healthcare
DataCenter
Shopping Centers especially ones with supermarkets and have secured contracts with Walmart, Target Lowes Home Depot
College dormitories
Advertising billboards/5G Towers
mobile/rv parks
and section 8 housing

As far as "lucky" I believe we as domainers are very lucky right now we are in this "racket" called domaining while everyone else is having a hard time right now having lost their jobs and some are tapping into their savings. While we basically can turn an $8 reg into $55K.

People chalk it up to "skill". I think it's a mix of both not purely one or the other.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow what a sale, @WhoaDomain.com - congratulations! So happy for you!
Thanks to @Rob Monster for helping close the deal.
You can invest some of it in REITs now if you choose :xf.grin:.
Congrats again.
Bob

•••
Credit to you people like you are heroes;

As far as i’m concerned model to follow.

Pay attention, NDA folks. It’s not always req’d. And anyone who says using his website as “promotion” is missing the entire point.)
(For those that always feel need bring it up.)

Congrats @WhoaDomain.com
Steaks on you! (if not payment plan :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Way to make domainers proud by again proving we can create more ROI than any other industry!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

That was the ultimate point of creating this thread. Not showing off. Anyone who really knows me knows I'm not that A Hole.

In fact when someone else makes a big sale I'm the first to cheer them on.

Every big domain sale legitimizes what we do especially in a world that demonizes us as cybersquatters.

Last edited:
•••

Pay attention, NDA folks. It’s not always req’d. And anyone who says using his website as “promotion” is missing the entire point.)

Congrats @WhoaDomain.com

I only have you guys to thank really. I'm the lurker here reading all your posts as I have nothing better to do lol. which explains all my long winded posts! lol you guys are my heroes and friends.

•••
Good for you @WhoaDomain.com did they do the payment plan after all?

You might want to report this one to DNJournal

Last edited:
•••
@WhoaDomain.com would you like to share how many handregs do you hold?

It's easy enough for anyone t check that using tools online. I think over 15,000? But that's my business.

Note. I have been holding bags of cryptos since the beginning.

And 2. I have been selling domains with NDA I can't ever talk about plus sales here and there that are so negligible I forget about them really. $50 $100 sales here and there t end-users for quick flip.some are less than a year old. Many are exact match domains for the address of a big development.

And then of course there is the parking money on domains I snagged that have tons of backlinks.

So before you go and say "oh $50,000 is going to get eaten up with your renewals."

Relax. I've always had my backend covered.
Everytime crypto moons? I sell sell sell. Then pay my renewals.

Or use money from parking or the $50 -$100 sale here and there.

So yeah. I'm good. Thank you for asking.:xf.grin::xf.wink:

•••
Congratulations to all involved on the awesome sale! Thanks for sharing.

•••
I spent much of my day helping guys close deals. It is vastly easier to do that when the domains are registered at Epik so please keep that in mind when asking for help to close a deal.

Shoot the moon technique recapped here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/yall-wanna-shoot-the-moon.1162085/

In a world where the rich got richer, it essential to try it, and then back into leasing or payment plan before dropping down to the very weak "Make offer" stage of the discussion.

And with cryptos through the roof, don't forget to present crypto as an option if you think your prospect is potentially a crypto holder. The crypto holders had a really good month.

Thanks for reminding me Rob. I actually have a crypto domain where someone reached out to me via Afternic. You are right. Crypto guys had a field day this past month.

I have the Exact match in King for a crypto atm start up with it's own coin. I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

•••
Whoa!!!! Congrats WhoaDomains. Extremely Happy for you.
Who did the financing after all?

What promotion are you talking about. I think this one had alot to do with luck.
Not sure if it is luck he gets it right often enough :)
I think he has amazing insights and maybe great negotiation skills or something.
He sold BullionBlocks for 8K recently and CoinMena earlier. All Hand reg

Last edited:
•••
Congrats! This is one of the best reported hand reg sales. Really amazing!

What made you price it at $55k? And was the price revealed from the start using BIN (Afternic or lander) or was it just make offer?

Well anyone who knows me knows I don't put buy nows on my domains by design. It just limits potential.

Usually buyer reaches out asks price I look at @namebio and other stats them quote a price.
In this case the prices were for $127k for a .com.au in the "starting with invest" sales and the next one down was $50k+.

Then you factor in coronavirus times and economy.

Ultimately you need the feel your buyer out.

In my case buyer wasn't fortune 500 type but I liked the young man. So I dropped my expectations. But trust me I worked at it. But $50,000 was fair.

•••
Just sold InvestReit.com for $55,025.

It was a Handreg back in 9/26/17. So three years.

3 years of renewals about $24.

Reit means Real Estate Investment Trust.

This is officially the highest "Reit" domain sale. The highest one previously was only $24,000.

And the fourth highest "invest" domain sale.

The sale technically happened around Thanksgiving so I have a lot to thankful for.

Special thanks to @epik and @robmonster for facilitating the sale!

And yes I got permission from the buyer first before I posted this.

Best of luck to everyone!
Happy Holidays!
Congrats, you have talent!

•••
By the way, I'm not sure if you have already said it... but was it inbound or outbound?
Usually these big sales are inbound... but who knows! Maybe you managed to contact the buyer and make the sale.

•••
By the way, I'm not sure if you have already said it... but was it inbound or outbound?
Usually these big sales are inbound... but who knows! Maybe you managed to contact the buyer and make the sale.

inbound.

•••
•••
Interesting timing on sale given many reits are struggling to Collect payments from tenants during the pandemic.

Congrats, you doubled up on your last one, next one 6 figures.

Last edited:
•••
Way to make domainers proud by again proving we can create more ROI than any other industry!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Congrats @WhoaDomain.com

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back