Domain Empire

.info Who says .info is worthless??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you like infos buy mine ;)

•••
gericsb said:
Some of my favorite 'keyword' domains are .infos. Among my favorite from my own portfolio is: varietals.info

I am developing this domain into a site about the different wine varietals and plan to sell out to wine.com for 50 billion dollars in about 12 months :) in what will be the largest site/domain sale ever. Then I will buy an island and surrond myself with Playboy playmates...

OK, back to Earth: The first part of my post is true, anyway...

:alien: :lol: :lol:

•••
for me .com is like mercedes or bmw, audi and info is like volkswagen, ford, opel :)

•••
dnb8 said:
for me .com is like mercedes and info is like volksvagen :)

volkswagons are hot! lol

•••
•••
My second favorite ext. is .info---first being .com of course----I think this extension will surpass all other ext. in the future except .com of course.
I like it alot

•••
dnb8 said:
for me .com is like mercedes or bmw, audi and info is like volkswagen, ford, opel :)
The difference, however, is that unlike the price differential between a Mercedes/BMW versus Volkswagen/Ford (the former being 4 times more expensive then the latter at most) that between .com and .info (for identical terms) is often 50 times or more. Diamond.com just sold for 7.5 million; I bet one could have gotten Diamond.info at more than 100 times less than that...!! Would people buy Mercedes/BMW for a million bucks when VW and Fords is selling for $20K??

•••
dnb8 said:
Yes and just Like those Car examples ,More People use VW's and FORD's than BMW's

I hate my 1300+ info's ,it is such a pain to drive to bank with all those Adsense cheques .
Plus with the .60c and 89cent deals means ,one Miserable lousy day's clicks pays for the name.The rest of the first weeks traffic pays for the hosting
Yes actually www.lovemy.info

I get really Sick and tired of the .COM only mantra from people with not only no info's ,but with no Really great .com's
Buying only .com's is OK if you buy quality
But how can a Name like IcouldnotgetanygreatKeywords.com be better than
MajorKeyword.info

Last edited:
•••
get really Sick and tired of the .COM only mantra from people with not only no info's ,but with no Really great .com's
Buying only .com's is OK if you buy quality
But how can a Name like IcouldnotgetanygreatKeywords.com be better than
MajorKeyword.info

Great point Bare I understand th e.commies who Are Adam Dicker Or even Rick Schwartz they have great .coms but the people who have nothing good in .com who only like .com is really funny.

•••
For me:
1. .com
2 .net
3. .info
I think sometimes they are even better than a .com because people search the net for information and a .info site alwatys has a good ring about it in this way. I am trying to aquire good LLL.info and NNN.info too nowadays. I think it has already surpassed .biz and has better connotations than .org too in many cases.

•••
I think .info is an awesome extension, if used correctly!.

If it's cyprus.info then fantastic.

But buyanipod.info ? Doesn't make sense. Those are the .info domains I am always surprised to see anyone interested in.

•••
I will have to admit, I was one of those people that raised an eyebrow at .info's for a long time. I was a .com guy only.

In the last 6 months I have come around to info's and have had great success in buying and selling them.

I would not say I am a info junkie but I have more of an open mind to the opportunity that they create.

•••
I think I prefer .info to .com now! :P
Recently I purchased 2 dictionary names which I hope will resell well in future.
Barrista.info & Phisher.info
I also have WestAsia.info and DigitalLife.info.
:P

•••
Just an FYI for this thread :)

Promoting .info, .biz, and .us extensions: www.newnames.info

".Info Shocking Industry Observers With Dozens of High Dollar Sales!

.Info is just over two years old but the new extension is already attracting big money from buyers who are sold on its bright future. Already this year we've seen NewYork.info go for $28,000, HMS.info for $10,492, Tampa.info for $10,000 and Vitamins.info for $9,500!"

They downplay the 'top extensions' to promote .info/biz/us. Take it with a pinch of salt, it's just marketing hype. The facts they provide re; .info/biz/us is what's relevant here.

Thanks gang.

Last edited:
•••
StrictlyNames said:
there is also the mini-site route .. can't beat the value.. 2-5 clicks and you got your money back.
Exactly
www.refinance-mortgage-tips.info <<No class ,low cost .info (.60cents)
Averages $1.50 (per click) for Re-finance & equity Loan Adsense Ads
It Generated $10+ in first week of being listed on 2 directories

Domain-kiting (try-n-Drop) is being trialled by a lot of speculators ,but registrars only allow 5-7 days before deletion without penalty ,not enough time to promote and get SE listed .

.Info's allow a Whole year for SEO, development and Income generation for Minimal cost.

.info's really don't benefit much from pure parking ,but do a minimal amount of promotion and development and Watch the income Flow.

•••
I'm in my "domain adolescence" - trying to move into the "grown-up" end-user .com market, but I still can't resist those sweet $.60 .info sales at RegisterFly!

Have reg'd a few hundred .info's this year, sold about 1/3 - 1/2 of them, including four or five in the $30-60 range. Selling one for $20 pays the cost of reg'ing 30 of them at $.60; proceeds from the other 29 are pure profit. :)

•••
hi, i`m kindda new in the business but the .info domains are a gold mine for me :) for example i parked attorney-mesothelioma.info and i get 5$/click :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back