NameSilo

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ah - great question.
  • I did shame myself
  • When I ask for domains to buy with clear instructions why send me garbage?
  • If you send me names unsolicited why send me garbage?
  • If you read what I posted you will see I am attempting to help people make better decisions.

No one has the right nor enough knowledge to characterize any domain name as garbage. I have sold a domain some people called garbage for $16,500, and another for $5,950. So, who really knows it all?

I think you're coming off a little bit arrogant, trying to defend your indefensible action. Why would you share publicly domains that was shared to you privately - junk or not? You may try to defend your action all you want but it says a lot about you, and trying to defend yourself makes it even worse.

If you want to help people make better decisions as you said, use your own garbage. Posting someone else', makes you same.

Last edited:
•••
Why would you list domains privately shared with you?

If you want to show examples of junk names, take that from your own portfolio and show people, what not to buy.

Isn't that a fair thing to do?
Yes - Do you know who shared them with me - no you don't
Do people share sales? Sure they do. Should they stop doing that because someone sold them the name?
So sick of negative people. If you have an issue with something someone posted hit that little ignore button and keep moving

•••
In the end you could just get yourself banned by admin's for creating conflicts and promoting hate in a friendly community.
I see hate on your side buddy.

I give advices as well yet I have zero sales so far.

What does it tells you? I am a bad investor?

Think twice :whistle:

Stop this hatred because of all the jealousy you have. He made a sale so why do you go back and give past examples about his career? Everybody can have bad times, every body, including you!

I am okay to see his examples cause it gives me an idea what he is talking about.

Back to OP`s question, I am only targeting end users!

•••
How can you give somebody an advice if I don't know myself how it's done. It's like teaching somebody how to swim, staying on the shore because you can't swim. It's not about bad times, it's about winning a lottery ticket and that acting like I'm the top business man. When you are trying to sell a name loosing money and after 1 months you get lucky and sell it for much more, this is not knowledge, it's just luck. You are asking 1 month before, exactly the same peoples to whom you want to give them an advice today, how you should sale your names an to who, and after 1 month your acting like you know everything now.
I am an investor, I do and own businesses in different industries.

We all invest on names and brands right?

It is not about luck, it is about marketing. Right time right person right pricing.

•••
It's true - tact is important in all professions.

If a patient comes to me for advice/healing and they share that they are eating GMO, candy bars, drinking diet soda, microwave most of their food, eat at McDonalds 4x a week and they smoke a pack of cigarettes per day and they wonder why they are diabetic and sick - I don't publicly flog them as an example....Sure I can share their example anonymously and their identification is shielded, but anyone can lookup the whois of a domain.
Having in mind that he's and ex service desk manager, who should be a diplomat and communicator, he should be able to build relationships, should be emphatic...I think that he was just someone with technical skills but no people management or relationship management skills, or no understanding or interest in the wider business context and outcomes....I think I understand now why he is an ex it service desk manager.

•••
I don't need any help but thank you.
Look to your right - 2 of the most popular threads are mine - it was 3 yesterday and this one is headed in that direction as well. I know exactly what I'm doing :)

Come on man. If your thread is popular than it doesn't mean it's good for your business. You think controversy will create cash for you? Please explain how.

Sure you can give good advice, you gave a very good advice to newbies in the first post of this thread, one can argue if you or anyone else is giving bad advice's though. At the end of the day, everybody knows that it's not right to share someone else's domain names like that. You can share your bad purchases if you want to.

•••
there is a thread discussing that
there are no rules that don't allow it here

I don't like it either
but it's not forbidden

there's probably no rules to forbid you from farting in public...
but that's what's going on here
and no one gives a shit
which is sad
or not?
you decide...

•••
•••
@uglydork. When is this non sense going to stop? Your now selling and giving advice huh? Did someone come to you for advice ? And then you listed their domains without the permission? And you decided to humiliate the person? Im over what you did to me.

But guys Is this the type of person you want get advice from? Do you care about eithics? Oh wait he has hundred dollar bills stuck in his ears he doesnt care about whats right and whats wrong
But thats your leader. Lol

But for all you suckers who are sucking up to this guy if you been paying close attention to all this nonsense. You gotta ask your self am standing here defending and supporting the right guy? Do you guys still think hes a good person to have in our community? Are his actions respectable?

He makes a sale so he says for 150k and all of you go nuts. Look at all the attention hes trying to receive from this so desperate for attention. Needs to drain all the milk from the nipple.

I would really think twice about doing buiness with him and learning from him. Lots of blind leaders around and as I noticed lots of blind followers too

•••
Some old sayings...

It's not what you say it's how you say it.

If nothing nice to say say nothing

Kill them with kindness

Nobody likes a know it all

One man's trash is another man's treasure

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Can't we all just get along

Anyone know any others?

Hakuna Matata

•••
•••
If everyone would like to turn this into a thread of why I hate uglydork lets do it! I thrive on controversy, you are only pumping my brand more and more. No press is bad press, my business continues to grow.

•••
These are pretty good. Not the best but definitely not SHIT like you're calling them.

HairFail.com a site or product about hair loss

MorePins.com something that could be used for Pinterest marketing

ReviewMotors.com car and truck reviews site

•••
I really love a hefty debate
And I am always welcoming controversy

thanks @uglydork

I have a lot of shitty domains
just I don't know which are which
and when I delete a domain
namesilo tells me its going to be auctioned

come on its shit
now I need to renew it ....

•••
I actually like this post. Everyone should be thinking about why they are actually buying a name and who is the end user. If you can't find a end user or a ton of potential end users its probably not worth it unless you want to sit passively and wait for ten years for an imagined end user.

I have been working hard looking for and contacting potential end users for some of my names. The crap ones I will sell for a small amount and be done with those but I am not going to give up on the good ones. Also there is a large learning curve involved here and effort and patience and luck. I take and read all advice from posters here and think on it.

About @uglydork I think you are clever and want to be the Milo of domaining and I applaud you branding yourself. It seems to work for some of the top domain"kings". For all those ripping on him--- he has created a brand for himself in one week. That is smart.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You should have offered her YoBrokeAss.com....it's available for hand reg. :)

)))

And all thesee "mom and pop" businesses complain that they are being taken over or overrun by a big guy, when they miss so many opportunities.

To get an fm frequency and all the permits etc. cost $xxx,xxx to $x,xxx,xxx. Then you have staff, offices, equipment etc. and you don't see value in cutting the length of your domain name by more than 2 times for exact match.

•••
Bad experience with me lol your funding time frame was crap. I got higher offers on the domain and honored the agreement not like this guy
I miss your old avatar....the general one. it was cool. This one is okay, but when I see your name, I think of that one. :)

•••
•••
I find it quite hard to find end users for only domain names (no matter how good I think they are) :P

I find out if I make a good site, get some traffic and perhaps some revenue it is easier to sell it :D

•••
Because just one month before he was asking everybody for advice about how to sell his names...and now hes teaching the new guys to ask for 150k for every name, they already starting asking 20k for a name regged yesterday and they will end up broke. It's like the cleaning lady it's teaching math to the students and nobody is saying anything because as you say, any advice it's good advice. If you tell them tomorrow that everybody should sell you all their names for 1$ each, nobody should say anything because you will say that any advice it's a good advice.
It doesn't matter. Great investors ask for advice. They want to see what others know, so they can learn more. They also share their success with others. You don't have to listen to him if his advice doesn't help you. It may help others.

•••
•••
Come on guys, you need to take life as the coconut drops.

My new catch phrase. :)

•••
Me : how bout this?
Pros: cr*p
Me : this one?
Pros : more cr*p
Me : urm ... this?
Pros : not crap

Point is .... im not a smart person , never invested in anything , and i 'know' i learn things by "trial n error'. Thats why i limit my budget

So...buying garbage taught me few things about this business .

•••
Insurance debts is a usable name. There are some schemes to help people who are in arrears with their national insurance payments for example.. Advice on those could be useful.
How much would you pay for that? Who would you target as an end user and for how much?
These are the questions I ask myself

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back