Dynadot

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell.

It is called recycling process. Reducing hazardous names and converting into new ... sustainable & profitable. It's hard to accept but learning is the process of learning through personal experience.

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

right :)

Last edited:
•••
A lot of people make a lot of money selling garbage.

•••
I've just been reading another forum, and there is a guy there asking $6,000+ for each of these names.

• ICOinvestor.com
  • ICOcentral.com
  • Ecoinomi.com
  • Ecoinomy.ca
  • Easycoin.ca
Apparently he needs to become a member on this forum :xf.smile:

•••
I don't target anyone in particular, I get offers and ignore them as most domains I have are for projects I would like to develop.(y)

•••
Heh, okay.. but you have got to change your avatar pix accordingly. The current one doesn't fit the controversial persona you're striving for! :xf.wink:

I think you're missing the whole point here. I read this thread more like a subtle warning, by example, to all those sending @uglydork unsolicited garbage. Plus his trying to promote himself and his business, that, too, of course.

As for @uglydork's arrogance, well, that comes with the territory... making an $150,000 sale and getting interviewed will do that to you.:xf.cool:
OMG - someone who gets it! Thank you.
I'm not really arrogant, I am just telling the truth and not pussy footing around.
I am 52 years old and I don't give a crap what anyone thinks of me - seriously. I am who I am, this is no show I am putting on.
Do you think anyone on this board cares if I dropped off the face of the earth tomorrow? Its all about you and your family - go make money and stop whining, I am really trying to help people here

•••
My friend let me tell you another secret. Sometimes I post things here just to post and see what is out there and keep my name going. Do you really think I am selling names for less than what I paid?
Sometimes I will ask a question and I already know the answer, its staying in the public eye, being relevant ,making connections.
Sometimes I will say "Buy X name, I am losing money on this deal. Do you really think I'm losing money?
Its about sales - its about creating a buzz , an illusion. Seriously, I think some of the people here have no clue what sales is about.
You were selling your top names for 12k and I know you paid for one 4k and for others in the xxxx range, so it's very probable you were loosing money. If you say that they were just testing and you didn't had any intention of selling even if they were in the sale section, than this is even worse. I'm not talking about business ethics, when in the same time you have thread selling your top names for 12k, because you need the money, but in the same time you open a thread that you are buying names 10k-20k, without having any intention of buying, this is just misleading people and this should be checked by admin's.

•••
I am so pissed that I didn t buy hatred com from you for 9k USD when I had the opportunity
I did not see the value
and I didnt know that milo guy
and if I knew that milo guy
I would have never thought of contacting him
and I wouldn t had known the tool
that helped you find his contact details

and now you are in the media and not me

did I miss anything?

oops yes

I wouldn't had the balls to ask for 250K

here we go

Last edited:
•••
Now we are getting somewhere - I promise you I am not selling myself as any expert - you wont find any post where I claim to be an expert. I have been doing this a long time and I finally had a 6 figure sale. I earned it, nobody contacted me.
All I was doing was trying to point out that a lot of newbies are registering garbage and they should stop wasting their money. I was in no way pumping myself at all. I am always wiling to share all my information to anyone
Your post is in the 'advice' section, this is what cached my eye in the first place...I wouldn't probably even read your post if it wasn't in the 'advice' section, but it's very dangerous to give an advice if you are not 100% that it's a good one and it can't go wrong...the next thing you will see it's that all new guys will start asking 150k for every name they have and they will end up with a big hole in the pocket. Also, if you can buy a name for 1$ and can sell it for 100$ and you can replicate that it's nothing wrong, it's a great way of doing a business and making 100 times more than what you have paid for. There are a lot of multibillion companies selling just 1$ stuff and making lots of money.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe he is a relative of Milo's

or maybe brothers in the same York or Scottish Rite lodge :wideyed:
Lol...That's funny.

The only problem with text...it's hard to convey the tone of what we say.

Speaking of that, @uglydork and anyone else, I just picked up LiveConvo.com. What do you think. Do a little research first if you don't mind. :)

•••
Yes - Do you know who shared them with me - no you don't

Yup. At least ShopYart.com is owned by @Avdomains and presumably, he's the one who shared it with you. So yes, we can find out and now do know who shared. I've been supportive and cheered your sale of hatred.com. But domain-shaming other members is in poor taste.

Edit:

Just for fun, I dug into the other domains and all the domains listed in the original thread are owned by @Avdomains not just the one I listed above.

Last edited:
•••
This guy knows absolutely nothing about branding. Negative press in a small industry will always be negative press. keep posting uglydork this is better than reality TV. :)

•••
Agreed. And it was for nice quality LLLL.com

I normally do few calls like this from time to time just a wake up call to remind me that even when there is an end user needing upgrade, probably the management/ownership are clueless
I have never made a call - I just assumed it would piss people off. Have you ever had a sale from a call?
All my sales are email driven

•••
You are so right. I was checking potential end users for one of my names and found one in the US that uses word+radio.com for their site. So I called the owner and asked if she wants to upgrade to word.com

Her answer: "No". I asked why. She said "Well, it is going to cost money, right?". Just for experiments sake, I quoted really low price in mid $xxx, near reseller price, although I never do it, just had a feel that for this person it won't matter. And she said, no, we are not interested.

Imagine, this people charge that much for few 30 sec blocks of advertising and she did not see the value.

I told this story in another thread
but it fits
and I just love this experiece:

I called companies in germany
for the excact match main 1 single keyword.com

they all (5 ) said "no thanks"
we don't need it
we have a domain..

talking about the main industry defining 1 word exact match .com
( I was offering it for a low 5K € as it was a handreg )

( luckly I noticed that I made a typing error while handregging - I owned a missspelling .. )

but. I was trying to sell the right spelling...

•••
I just have to post this for number 750 - I hold no grudges even for @imadoer and @promo

• We are all entitled to our opinions
  • We all have the freedom to choose
  • We all make and lose money

I wish you all health and happiness for you and your families - those things cant be bought

And I hope @Grilled is OK - that burn looked brutal.

Last edited:
•••
I've just said that I'm not in a position to give any advice, even if I have made a profit in every month from my first day when I've started.
If you're not in the position to give advice, then you don't have to give it. Why criticize others from sharing or giving one? If you don't like uglydork's advice, why read it?

•••
so success = you can accept egocentric attitude?

I think you (not you personally) the collective"YOU" or "US" have to have a sorta egocentric personality to even think you can make it in this cut throat business. At least he's being real.

•••
meanwhile:
its time to focus on the educational part of that story
don't you think so?

somebody may want to add information
??
There is absolutely no education there whatsoever. That's not how to educate

•••
you are still wasting your time
as you could easily do so with a better name instead
But I'm having fun - as I assume you are with your post. :)

•••
are posters to your threads going to be automatically characterized as "negative people", when you don't like what they have to say?

because
in your initial paragraph you state:

so, based on that , it's was reasonable question

why shame another domainers names, when you have opportunity to shame yourself first.

imo....
Ah - great question.
  • I did shame myself
  • When I ask for domains to buy with clear instructions why send me garbage?
  • If you send me names unsolicited why send me garbage?
  • If you read what I posted you will see I am attempting to help people make better decisions.

•••
How much would you pay for that? Who would you target as an end user and for how much?
These are the questions I ask myself
I'm a re-seller and not an end user, so I wouldn't pay much. :)

The customer is more of a problem. Obviously a debt counselling service could use it, but they would probably expect me to donate it. :)

•••
Just 2 months ago you were asking peoples what to do with your domains and selling your top portofolio( including hatred.com) for less than what you paid for and now your the pro here giving advice. And yes, this is common sense, if somebody it's talking to you in private you should not replicate without his consent, you are part of a community and you should act accordingly. I have made 12 end users sales and close to 300 to resellers just in 2017( it's true, xxx and xxxx sales), why do you think you're the one that should be giving advices?
Why shouldn't I?

•••
I've just been reading another forum, and there is a guy there asking $6,000+ for each of these names.

• ICOinvestor.com
  • ICOcentral.com
  • Ecoinomi.com
  • Ecoinomy.ca
  • Easycoin.ca

•••
initial coin offering (aka ipo)

•••
I see hate on your side buddy.

I give advices as well yet I have zero sales so far.

What does it tells you? I am a bad investor?

Think twice :whistle:

Stop this hatred because of all the jealousy you have. He made a sale so why do you go back and give past examples about his career? Everybody can have bad times, every body, including you!

I am okay to see his examples cause it gives me an idea what he is talking about.

Back to OP`s question, I am only targeting end users!
How can you give somebody an advice if I don't know yourself how it's done. It's like teaching somebody how to swim, staying on the shore because you can't swim. It's not about bad times, it's about winning a lottery ticket and that acting like your the top business man. When you are trying to sell a name loosing money and after 1 months you get lucky and sell it for much more, this is not knowledge, it's just luck. You are asking 1 month before, exactly the same peoples to whom you want to give them an advice today, how you should sale your names an to who, and after 1 month your acting like you know everything now.

Last edited:
•••
I am an investor, I do and own businesses in different industries.

We all invest on names and brands right?

It is not about luck, it is about marketing. Right time right person right pricing.
I know what you're saying, I have offline business as well. Exactly because you own other businesses you should know that one big hit will not make you a great business man, you should replicate this day by day, for years and than start teaching others. I can give you a lot of real life examples where peoples had a very good year, made lot's of money and next year lost everything because they could not replicate. If you own businesses in other industries will not make you strait away a successful investor in domains or other industries. When you don't know for yourself what to do with your names you can't teach people the next day what to do with their just because you won the lottery.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back