James Booth

votes
    2.1%
  • 9th (tie)

Bob Parsons

votes
    2.1%
  • 9th (tie)

Reberry Brothers (Andrew Reberry & Jeff Reberry)

votes
    2.1%
  • 10th (tie)

Mike Carson

votes
    1.8%
  • 10th (tie)

Braden Pollock

votes
    1.8%
  • 11th

Thunayan Al-Ghanim (FMA)

votes
    1.4%
  • 12th

Anything.com

votes
    1.1%
  • 13th (tie)

Mike Berkens

votes
    0.7%
  • 13th (tie)

Nat Cohen

votes
    0.7%
  • 13th (tie)

George Kirikos

votes
    0.7%
  • 13th (tie)

Igal Lichtman (Mrs.Jello)

votes
    0.7%
  • 14th (tie)

Mike Zapolin

vote
    0.4%
  • 14th (tie)

Scott Day

vote
    0.4%
  • 14th (tie)

Jay Chapman

vote
    0.4%
  • 15th (tie)

Garry Chernoff

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Marc Ostrofsky

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

David and Michael Castello

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Chris Chena

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Andy Booth

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Greg McLemore (Web Magic)

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It’s been 7 years since we did a poll on the greatest domain name investor of all time on TheDomains.com. Frank Schilling won back in 2014. Over the last 7 years many new investors have come into the business.

Some investors might be perceived differently today than during the last poll, so here is the 2021 poll.

Sometimes people ask what is meant? Like so and so might not have made as much money but they lifted people up or they were a nicer human being.

This is who is the greatest domain investor of all time, the selling, sales attained, marketing and name selection skills should be what is considered.

Results of last poll

• Frank Schilling (31%, 77 Votes)
  • Yun Ye (17%, 43 Votes)
  • Rick Schwartz (11%, 27 Votes)
  • Mike Mann (6%, 14 Votes)
  • Anything.com (5%, 13 Votes)
  • Michael Berkens (5%, 12 Votes)
  • Castello Brothers (4%, 11 Votes)
  • George Kirikos (4%, 9 Votes)
  • Adam Dicker (4%, 9 Votes)
  • Igal Lichtman (Mrs.Jello) (3%, 8 Votes)
  • Chris Chena (3%, 7 Votes)
  • Thunayan Al-Ghanim (FMA) (3%, 7 Votes)
  • Scott Day (2%, 6 Votes)
  • Marc Ostrofsky (2%, 4 Votes)
  • Mike Zapolin (1%, 3 Votes)
  • Nat Cohen/Telepathy (0%, 2 Votes)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Could you please explain why you've included Adam Dicker? The guy who scammed many people out of their money.

•••
Could you please explain why you've included Adam Dicker? The guy who scammed many people out of their money.

It does seem like Adam Dicker is MIA (again?)

Last edited:
•••

Sure he was in the last one, so to show the change in sentiment over the years.

•••
Sure he was in the last one, so to show the change in sentiment over the years.

Frank Schilling won the last one.
all need to show the “change in sentiment” lol

Last edited:
•••
Frank Schilling won the last one.
all need to show the “change in sentiment” lol
As per achievements, Franck's the undisputed champ.

•••
As per achievements, Franck's the undisputed champ.
Nope, he rode way into the sunset.

Out of the game.

You can argue, Frank shouldnt be here, either.

Last edited:
•••
The poll is not about who is in or out, it's greatest of all time, Michael Jordan no longer plays in the NBA, Babe Ruth is not alive. They both top the list in many polls and in many fans minds with respect to Basketball and Baseball.

•••
I'm going to go with 'other' i think there are many high profile people/companies who will no doubt operate under the radar/own some fantastic domains (plus made great sales) but keep their business to themselves and some high profile companies (such as Disney) own some fantastic domains.

If we are going for people who 'most' know about and don't mind the spotlight on them, then Brent Oxley.

Last edited:
•••
I'm going to go with 'other' i think there are many high profile people/companies who no doubt operate under the radar/own some fantastic domains but keep their business to themselves and some high profile companies (such as Disney) own some fantastic domains.

If we are going for people who 'most' know about and don't mind the spotlight on them, then Brent Oxley.

Thanks, I would not say Disney is an investor, while I do agree with you they own some great domain names.

•••
Love it or hate it! The C-level decision makers at Godaddy, because they have acquired the large portfolios (including future risks) from a number of people mentioned in this poll.

•••
Thanks, I would not say Disney is an investor, while I do agree with you they own some great domain names.

Some of these companies will no doubt have paid 6 or 7 figures for some of their domain assets, they don't do this to lose money, they buy these domains as an 'investment' so companies who own more than 1 domain are 'investors' hoping to see a return on this investment either by selling or turning them into businesses.

Last edited:
•••
I've gone with other cos tbh I don't really know any of them or what they've done. Too many to read up on. I'm sure they've all made big contributions to the industry at large and that's the main thing.

•••

Go.com yoo. That’s my favorite Disney domain

Last edited:
•••
I went with Kevin Ham as he sold his prime domain portfolio for $300 million. Not too shabby :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I went with Kevin Ham as he sold his prime domain portfolio for $300 million. Not too shabby :xf.smile:

Literally, around the entire price paid for Uni.(!)

Last edited:
•••
X.com / Democracy.com owner ...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am surprised @Braden Pollock not on list.

The line between brokers and investors not always clear. At some point a similar poll on greatest domain brokers would be interesting. Rosener always wins the annual volume awards of late, but it is mix broker/investor.

Thanks for doing this poll and telling us results of previous one @equity78 .

Still trying to decide how to vote!

Bob

•••
•••
I am surprised @Braden Pollock not on list.

The line between brokers and investors not always clear. At some point a similar poll on greatest domain brokers would be interesting. Rosener always wins the annual volume awards of late, but it is mix broker/investor.

Thanks for doing this poll and telling us results of previous one @equity78 .

Still trying to decide how to vote!

Bob

Braden was an omission Bob, after I published it I was like oh I forgot Brandon.

•••
Oxley.com is proof no one comes close..
In terms of inspiring others, @DomainKing Rick Schwartz

•••
I'm going to go with 'other' i think there are many high profile people/companies who will no doubt operate under the radar/own some fantastic domains (plus made great sales) but keep their business to themselves

Any proof to this? It sounds cool in this new conspiracy UFO era, but if you make a list of the best 500 for sale domains you will find that you could trace almost all to a known domainer.

What you wrote here is complete nonsense. In real estate this is true, not in domaining. All portfolio holders of valuable names are known in 2021.

"i think there are many high profile people/companies who will no doubt operate under the radar/own some fantastic domains (plus made great sales) but keep their business to themselves"

Last edited:
•••
•••
Quote from Rick Schwartz.

" Frank is a legend for a number of reasons," Schwartz said. "First because he is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. He is like the Jack Kennedy of domains. Second, he came fairly late to the game but never whined that he got in too late. He just put his nose to the grindstone and put together the #1 domain portfolio in the world nearly overnight. His portfolio has a low value of about $500 million and a real value likely over $1 billion…and third, did I mention that Frank is one of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet?! I see him as the #1 ambassador for our industry, "

•••
Back