IT.COM

registrars Who is the best registrar in the business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar?

• 1st

GoDaddy

votes
    29.8%
  • 2nd

NameSilo

votes
    22.5%
  • 3rd

NameCheap

votes
    13.4%
  • 4th

Uniregistry

votes
    11.2%
  • 5th

Dynadot

votes
    9.2%
  • 6th

Name.com

votes
    4.0%
  • 7th

Epik

votes
    3.4%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    2.4%
  • 9th (tie)

InternetBS

votes
    0.6%
  • 9th (tie)

Enom

votes
    0.6%
  • 10th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.5%
  • 11th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.4%
  • 11th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.4%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

vote
    0.1%
  • 12th (tie)

NamePal

vote
    0.1%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

vote
    0.1%
  • 13th

Rebel

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's been over 18 months since the last big poll here, a few things have changed, and there is new policy out of GoDaddy today. So let's take a new poll on best registrar. GoDaddy ran away with the last poll.

1. Godaddy
    303 vote(s)
    52.5%

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the moment, I'm happy with Epik and Dynadot. Will try Namesilo soon.

•••
I am happy with Namesilo, free privacy and fair price

•••
•••
Poor choice of a name imo...

At least 'unusual' :)

Their pricing for new gTLDs is outstanding and they have an user-friendly and minimalistic control panel and domain management.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why isn’t HITNAMER :(·): on this list?? They offer better value, customised coupon discounts, big savings when you transfer your names and assistance in selling your names. Ridiculous!!

•••
Since they are little known can you describe in a few words what makes them different from other registrars ?
Their pricing for new gTLDs is outstanding and they have an user-friendly and minimalistic control panel and domain management.
He pretty much summed it up. In particular their control panel and dns updates. One click away from any settings you need to adjust, right from the panel. Complete control for all functions and the updates are immediate. The free whois is great too, though I only require it for a few domains.

Support is superb, very quick responses and resolutions. They also have no qualms about implementing improvements or change, very hands-on with their interface. Porkbun is neck and neck to NS for me.

Poor choice of a name imo...
Comeon now, who doesn't like bacon??

•••
From UI point of view, Name.com and uniregistry are best registrars. Bulk operations are quite easy TBH.

From pricing point of view, Namesilo.com is better than most of these, though UI is outdated, however does the work required.

Edit: Dotster/Domain.com should be one option since they're sister companies and have registration through domain.com.

Last edited:
•••
#1 Epik (y) ex aequo with Namesilo (y) (love their quaint control panel), Dynadot (y), Name.com (y) and newcomer LCN.com (y) (which is probably why they're not on the list).

Honorable mention: FastHosts (Tucows reseller) and eWallHost (PDR reseller).

This is from a perspective of 1000+ domains registered across 20+ registrars and resellers.

Last edited:
•••
Enom is on the hit list also for 5 day holds on transfer, and a dinosaur of a back end platform.

I noticed namesilo locks my domains if they expire from transfer out right on expiry date. Only flaw I have against them. Epik is good but only allows 15 days for expiry renewal before redemption. Bonus points to them
for a payment plan system. That is something uniregistry lacks.

•••
I noticed namesilo locks my domains if they expire from transfer out right on expiry date. Only flaw I have against them.

Expired domains could be transferred away at NameSilo:

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Expiration-Process

Screenshot (1439).png

•••
Is Namesilo live chat working?
Every time I tried to contact them through the chat I got info that I need to email them.

•••
Every time I tried to contact them through the chat I got info that I need to email them.

Live chat isn't 24hr. They usually reply within 12 hours on email though.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

Hello. Chat is available Mon-Fri from 9:30am-4:00pm Arizona time besides major United States holidays. Chat is therefore currently down due to the Thanksgiving day holiday.

However, our average email response time is under 6 minutes during business hours and no more than a few hours during non-business hours.

•••
What do we need chat for, everything seems to work well in the domain management panel. :)

•••
Ah....Bulloney. I voted for Epik because Rob Monster is first class. Most of my 450+ domains reside at GoDaddy, but my last 22 domains I purchased at Epik. It may be because I'm new, or it may be because I'm old, but Rob Monster has gone out of his way to help me. At GoDaddy I'm a tiny fish in a big Ocean, but at Epik I can swim with the head Shark.

•••
Ah....Bulloney. I voted for Epik because Rob Monster is first class. Most of my 450+ domains reside at GoDaddy, but my last 22 domains I purchased at Epik. It may be because I'm new, or it may be because I'm old, but Rob Monster has gone out of his way to help me. At GoDaddy I'm a tiny fish in a big Ocean, but at Epik I can swim with the head Shark.
I couldn't agree more! :-P

•••
tell him to give more than 15 days grace for expired domains, and you might be onto something.

•••
tell him to give more than 15 days grace for expired domains, and you might be onto something.
Good point there!
On that score, Namesilo, for one, has got Epik beat hands down! (30 days' grace period)

@robepik

Last edited:
•••
Seriously, I don't understand what the big deal is? It appears it's a big deal to many of the domainers, but to be able to re-register a domain for about $8.49 or less, I can think of more benefits from a registrar that would more than compensate for a longer grace period. Take good customer service for one.

•••
Seriously, I don't understand what the big deal is? It appears it's a big deal to many of the domainers, but to be able to re-register a domain for about $8.49 or less, I can think of more benefits from a registrar that would more than compensate for a longer grace period. Take good customer service for one.
Everyone offers .com renewal pricing from $8.2X to about $8.7x, everyone has decent customer service, if your a domainer, like what kind of customer service do you really need?

•••
Everyone offers .com renewal pricing from $8.2X to about $8.7x, everyone has decent customer service, if your a domainer, like what kind of customer service do you really need?
I'm sorry, but everyone doesn't have good customer service. Out of curiosity, after your post, I tried to find a Linkedin bio for Michael Goldfarb owner of NameSilo in Phoenix...and nada. The same for Michael McCallister, a managing partner. Like I've said, I'm a nobody in this industry, but at least I have access to Rob Monster at Epik. Granted, I reached out to him, but he's been more than accommodating. It appears I'm more developer than domainer, and just maybe Epik has more to offer me than NameSilo. In that case, we're comparing apples and oranges.

•••
No big deal. I voted Epik #1 Best Registrar here. But, well, why not 30+ days' grace period in accordance with ICANN's and industry standards?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back