IT.COM

registrars Who is the best registrar in the business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is the best registrar?

• 1st

GoDaddy

votes
    29.8%
  • 2nd

NameSilo

votes
    22.5%
  • 3rd

NameCheap

votes
    13.4%
  • 4th

Uniregistry

votes
    11.2%
  • 5th

Dynadot

votes
    9.2%
  • 6th

Name.com

votes
    4.0%
  • 7th

Epik

votes
    3.4%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    2.4%
  • 9th (tie)

InternetBS

votes
    0.6%
  • 9th (tie)

Enom

votes
    0.6%
  • 10th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.5%
  • 10th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.5%
  • 11th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.4%
  • 11th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.4%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

vote
    0.1%
  • 12th (tie)

NamePal

vote
    0.1%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

vote
    0.1%
  • 13th

Rebel

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It's been over 18 months since the last big poll here, a few things have changed, and there is new policy out of GoDaddy today. So let's take a new poll on best registrar. GoDaddy ran away with the last poll.

1. Godaddy
    303 vote(s)
    52.5%

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NameSilo are the best in my opinion. Fair pricing and great customer service.

•••
Most of my names are at either GoDaddy or Dynadot. I voted for GoDaddy, but I am looking at others now and have these features in mind (I have to take a look at Namesilo and Uniregistry based on above comments)
1) Assigned account service Rep
2) 2FA (a lot have adopted this now which is good)
3) DTVS (Domain Transfer Verification Service)
4) fast transfers (i.e. can manually release the transfer and don't have to wait the 5-7 days for it to happen)
5) relatively cheap renewals for .com
6) Free Whois Privacy (I don't get this at GoDaddy)

•••
Today's answer and, my answer to the question for the past couple of years is, NameSilo.

Easy to navigate site, easy to follow their basic instructions/directions, fair market pricing and, free reg privacy.

The domain services I need from a Registrar are A-OK over at the 'Silo!

•••
While I have mainly used Namecheap (and like their attractive pricing on many TLDs, as well as their user system that to me seems very clear, logical and easy to use. I like the Namecheap Marketplace, and have found it a good place to sell at least lower price domains, but wish it was fully integrated, cross listed with other Marketplaces, and also that it was working for adding new domains right now!

I have not used Namesilo yet, but see from the vote it seems the overwhelming favourite so I should give it a look!

I only have a few with them, but was surprised Alpnames were not on the poll. They have good prices on many extensions, and seemed solid to use.

•••
Where is one of my best register name, Nettigritty?

Last edited:
•••
I you are a domain investor there is no better registrar than NameSilo. Very practical control panel, good for managing a larger portfolio, helpful customer support, straightforward transfer in/out, afternic fast-transfer integration, free privacy, transparent and reasonable prices, and a superb marketplace for selling NameSilo registered names. I find them to be the best registrar in the industry and I hope they will be able to maintain their high quality of service for years to come.

•••
Since they are little known can you describe in a few words what makes them different from other registrars ?
Porkbun are former guys from name.com (when it was sold - they launched Porkbun).

•••
My primary registrar is 1and1 but my vote for NameSilo... because good API is important factor for me.

•••
I voted for NameSilo. Domain are cheap. My question why most people choose Godaddy?

Last edited:
•••
I don't use GoDaddy a few years already... just under 10 domains there.

•••
I voted for NameSilo. Domain are cheap. My question why most people choose Godaddy?
Most people use Godaddy is because majority of the time end users have accounts there making for what used to be an easy push. Also with the connection of the Afternic, it is an easy push into Godaddy if you sell thru afternic. You also get access to their premium listing sales channel, which as being a top register does get lots of traffic.

At the end of the day everyone is going to charge you around $8-9, you have to think what works best for you in your overall portfolio.

•••
•••
IMO Uniregistry is the best of them all. Their endless filtering options make it very easy to manage your portfolio and pull up domains based on different criteria. I like Namesilo and Epik too. Nothing wrong with Dynadot either.

•••
Got to know which one is making the most capital to determine the best registrar.

I believe it is Godaddy

•••
I voted GoDaddy for one reason. Telephone Support. It's the best imo. But everything else needs tweaking badly.

I think Uniregistry underestimates the importance of telephone support. The support hours need to be adjusted or expanded.

I basically like all of them including registrars that aren't even listed. They each have little nuances.

•••
•••
•••
Hi Everyone. Just saw this thread, and, needless to say, we are very thankful for all of the votes and kind words - they are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share with the rest of our team!

We very much enjoy all of the correspondence with people we've met through NamePros. You are collectively a very knowledgeable group and the feedback we have gotten here has led to a number of the additions, improvements and adjustments we've made to our services over the years.

We look forward to rolling out numerous projects under development for 2018 and intend to continue building trust with our valued customers here at NamePros.

Thanks again on behalf of the whole team at NameSilo!

•••
Namesilo, Porkbun and GoDaddy are my favorites

•••
Namesilo don't support fast transfer out. That's the only con of their platform.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Namecheap all the way for me :)
Dynadot and Namesilo are also very good though.
Can't stand Godaddy, other than their marketplace (sheer number of users), they really haven't got much going for them IMO.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back