Dynadot

discuss Who Are The People You Most Respect In Domain Industry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pay.My.id

Top Member
Impact
Hello Namepros Members

Could you share who are the people you most respect in domain industry ? It's would be interested when you want to share here​

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

I give everyone equal respect,
until they do, or say some :poop: that diminishes it.

respect, to me:
is not how much you can kiss that persons bee hind
or co-sign their words even when it's contrary to your true thoughts.

however, there are some who i admire for their accomplishments.
what they've done for themselves or the additions they made to domain world

and even though it may be times, when we might not agree on the perspective of some things....
we still maintain mutual respect for one another.

but the one i respect most, is myself
becasue if you have no self-respect, then how will you know what respect is?

imo...

Thank you @biggie to share your equal respect for everyone. That's true "becasue if you have no self-respect, then how will you know what respect is?"

•••
The great Yun Ye, because he did everything before most people even knew what domain names were and before almost anyone realized they would be considered very valuable. He invented drop catching, and stuck with it, though I'm sure many told him his efforts were pointless or not likely to amount to anything but wasted money. He was all about domain names, every day.

He was also smart enough to not let greed get in the way of making a deal and retiring early to enjoy the spoils of his innovative and hard work.

Last edited:
•••
Yun Ye / UltSearch (Ultimate Search). One of the pioneers. Why? Because, even though starting a business and making money is an art, leaving the business on-time is more hard... And he managed to achieve both - "cashed out" in early 200x (sold to Marchex, the deal was worth many millions).

Also, Michael McCallister and Michael Goldfarb - for building almost ideal registrar+marketplace (NameSilo)... So sorry that Brisio Innovations acquired NameSilo and stopped development

ouch. Sorry to hear you are disappointed about the progress made since the acquisition. I can tell you that our team has been working tirelessly on the underlying platform. While not all is visible on the front end, scaling a solution can take time. We are also hard at work and close to launching our more domainer focused tools - namelot.com and catch.club

Please PM me or publicly post what you feel is missing from the current NameSilo platform and we can take a look

•••
ouch. Sorry to hear you are disappointed about the progress made since the acquisition. I can tell you that our team has been working tirelessly on the underlying platform. While not all is visible on the front end, scaling a solution can take time. We are also hard at work and close to launching our more domainer focused tools - namelot.com and catch.club

Please PM me or publicly post what you feel is missing from the current NameSilo platform and we can take a look

Good stuff, my 1 complaint; new Backorder ".club" ;) why

NameSilo ignored asked why ".club" feels like they feel strongly new service. any shot .com?

If not, it’s okay, least i planted seed CEO head.
if lags and needs boost consider change .com -what better way breath life to brand! ;) Thanks for taking time to reply.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
:) you mean why the .club tld for this product?

•••
•••
•••

We went with CATCH.CLUB because we found it to be catchy, short and memorable. It’s a domain extension with universal appeal and recognition, and it has the same meaning across the world.

•••
•••
•••
Can't forget all the senior members of namepros that stick around to help newbies and discuss/call out the problems in the industry. Cheers to @harkster and @MillersCrossing

•••
I respect the inventor of domain name system most because if without him, there would be no NamePros and we would not meet here.

Also, I respect all NamePros members who positively contribute to this forum.

Big thanks to all!

•••
The great Yun Ye, because he did everything before most people even knew what domain names were and before almost anyone realized they would be considered very valuable. He invented drop catching, and stuck with it, though I'm sure many told him his efforts were pointless or not likely to amount to anything but wasted money. He was all about domain names, every day.

He was also smart enough to not let greed get in the way of making a deal and retiring early to enjoy the spoils of his innovative and hard work.

Thank you @Grego85 to give us another great people in domain industry.

•••
•••
•••
Can't forget all the senior members of namepros that stick around to help newbies and discuss/call out the problems in the industry. Cheers to @harkster and @MillersCrossing

Really respect for all senior members, we could learn and always thank for their contribution

•••
I respect the inventor of domain name system most because if without him, there would be no NamePros and we would not meet here.

Also, I respect all NamePros members who positively contribute to this forum.

Big thanks to all!

That's true @henrypcyeung,

•••
@RJ Ron James, Founder of NamePros

•••
•••

You said it best, for some reason $164M number sticks out to me, I think that’s what he sold his portfolio to Marchex for, from what I remember reading.

Anyone ever track him down? It’s amazing how many great domainers came out of that region Yun Ye, Frank Schilling, Richard Lau, Shaun Pilford, Gary Chernoff, Kevin Hamm...

Last edited:
•••
I respect successful people who created their success with hard work, not by spamming 💩 out of this forum.

respect, to me:
is not how much you can kiss that persons bee hind
or co-sign their words even when it's contrary to your true thoughts.

Lots of bee hind kissers lately

•••
@Rob Monster @Bob Hawkes

Rob Monster and Bob Hawkes for sure.

If the domain world has superheroes -- those guys would be the good guys.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
The most influential have already been named. I think @Rob Monster, @AbdulBasit.com and @Bob Hawkes are giving the most and without complaining. I like a lot of others too and I think that anybody who takes part in the forum is contributing in one way or another to my knowledge here.

@Eric Lyon seems to be taking a timeout. Another great contributor and must read.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back