IT.COM

Who are the Key People in the Domain / Internet Business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

☀ Who are the Key People in the Domain / Internet Business❓

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Tim Berners-Lee

votes
    22.7%
  • Frank Schilling

votes
    63.6%
  • Monte Cahn

votes
    18.2%
  • Michael Berkens

votes
    36.4%
  • Michael "Zappy" Zapolin

votes
    9.1%
  • Rick Schwartz

votes
    31.8%
  • Andrew Reberry

votes
    13.6%
  • Mike Mann

vote
    4.5%
  • Bob Parsons

votes
    9.1%
  • Ron Jackson

votes
    13.6%
  • Giuseppe Graziano

votes
    9.1%
  • Michael Cyger

votes
    9.1%
  • Andrew Allemann

votes
    9.1%
  • Theo Develegas

vote
    4.5%
  • Larry Fischer

vote
    4.5%
  • Richard Lau

vote
    4.5%
  • Konstantinos Zournas

vote
    4.5%
  • Raymond Hackney

vote
    4.5%
  • Eric Lyon

votes
    22.7%
  • Other ( Post in Thread )

vote
    4.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
GMCS_keypeople.jpg

Tim Berners-Lee

In 1989, Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web, an Internet-based hypermedia initiative for global information sharing while at CERN, the European Particle Physics Laboratory. He wrote the first web client and server in 1990. His specifications of URIs, HTTP and HTML were refined as web technology spread.

He is Director of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), a Web standards organization founded in 1994 that develops interoperable technologies (specifications, guidelines, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential. He is a founding Director of the Web Science Trust (WST) launched in 2009 to promote research and education in Web Science, the multidisciplinary study of humanity connected by technology. Berners-Lee is also a Director of the World Wide Web Foundation, launched in 2009 to coordinate efforts to further the potential of the Web to benefit humanity.

Source :

http://internethalloffame.org/induc...dEN0jVb6rwbYeU55Wud8HK4DkFRB504DhMaAvnu8P8HAQ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Michael ,,Zappy,, Zapolin

Last edited:
•••
•••
Bob Parsons (GoDaddy)...more people have heard of him and or his company than the others listed (my opinion)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Why Rick?
Too many reasons to list. See the WIKI

Here is the latest news on him:
Rick Schwartz Banks Over $2 Million With Blockbuster One-Two Sales Punch

Why Rick Schwartz’s UDRP loss is good for domainers

DomainKing.biz UDRP loss can help domainers on the receiving end of a UDRP.

Earlier this month domain investor Rick Schwartz lost a UDRP–as the complainant.

Schwartz filed a UDRP against a domain name registrar over the domain DomainKing.biz. Schwartz has a trademark for Domain King in the U.S. and Europe.

The domain registrar mostly operates in South Africa and the Philippines, offering domain names such as .co.za and .ph.

I wasn’t sure which way this case would go when it was filed.

The panelist determined that the domain wasn’t registered in bad faith. He said that the respondent likely was generally aware of Rick Schwartz because he would have visited DomainKing.com before registering the .biz version, but probably wasn’t aware that it was being used in a trademark sense.

Source : http://domainnamewire.com/2016/06/22/rick-schwartzs-udrp-loss-good-domainers/

Nobody need,s a King !

Last edited:
•••
Why Rick?
Too many reasons to list. See the WIKI

Here is the latest news on him:
Rick Schwartz Banks Over $2 Million With Blockbuster One-Two Sales Punch

Rick Schwartz fails to get DomainKing.biz through UDRP

Panel rules Schwartz didn’t prove the domain was registered in bad faith.

Rick Schwartz has lost a UDRP he filed against the owner of DomainKing.biz.

Schwartz, who is known as the “Domain King” in domainer circles, filed the UDRP against a registrar operating as DomainKing in India, Nigeria, South Africa, Philippines and Kenya.

Hannu Internet Corp claims to have 11,000 clients in these countries.

Panelist Matthew Harris determined that Schwartz did not prove the domain was registered and used in bad faith. He wrote:

Source : http://domainnamewire.com/2016/06/15/rick-schwartz-fails-get-domainking-biz-udrp/

That he even tried ...

Last edited:
•••
As a trademark holder you have a responsibility to protect your brand. Or you can lose your trademark.

That said, I thought this was a domaining/internet key person thread.

By NO stretch can it be argued that Rick does not belong. No matter what anyone feels about his nick name, business practices, ethics, etc.

Last edited:
•••
As a trademark holder you have a responsibility to protect your brand. Or you can lose your trademark.

That said, I thought this was a domaining/internet key person thread.

By NO stretch can it be argued that Rick does not belong. No matter what anyone feels about his nick name.

Trademark for DomainKing is a Joke !

In my Eyes KeyPeople wouldn,t even try to get a TM on that kind of name !!!

KeyPeople should be role models like Tim Berners Lee

In 1989, Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web

Berners-Lee is also a Director of the World Wide Web Foundation,
launched in 2009 to coordinate efforts to further the potential of the Web to benefit humanity.

In April 2009, he was elected a foreign associate of the United States National Academy of Sciences.
Named in Time magazine's list of the 100 Most Important People of the 20th century

Last edited:
•••
Trademark for DomainKing is a Joke !

In my Eyes KeyPeople wouldn,t even try to get a TM on that kind of stupid name !!!

KeyPeople should be role models like Tim Berners Lee
Key people are not always nor do they need to be role models. Why do you have it out for Rick so bad? There is NO denying him as a key person of the domain industry. Absolutely none.

And - no offense, I dont know you. But you slam his use of DomainKing, and indicate that quality role models would never aspire to the notion of KING of their field.

So then why, then, does your signature list the following?
VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com
Nobody need,s a King !
Just a little bit hypocritical... no?

Last edited:
•••
Key people are not always nor do they need to be role models. Why do you have it out for Rick so bad? There is NO denying him as a key person of the domain industry. Absolutely none.

And - no offense, I dont know you. But you want to slam his use of DomainKING, and indicate that quality role models would never aspire to the notion as king of their field.

So then why, then, does your signature list the following?
VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com

Just a little bit hypocritical... no?

I am grateful that you pay attention ✔️

I dont like TM,s
( i got my reasons - fighting the german olympic team )

No ...
My domains i registered to sell ( i don,t like them at all )
( it is like you work in a Restaurant and serve Beer - i don,t like Beer )

So once again

KeyPeople should be in my Eyes role models
and not People who wanna be King

For what ❓

•••
That is such a vague question. It can anyone of them depending how you look at it.

•••
What makes Rick Schwartz a KeyPeople ?

I created this Thread about KeyPeople , not about People who wannabe King

For me he is not Key , not even close

•••
That is such a vague question. It can anyone of them depending how you look at it.

Honestly...
i never heard of them !

•••
Honestly...
i never heard of them !
When you say "key" what do you mean? Do you mean someone that started the industry? Shaped the industry? Which industry? Do you mean the internet and its evolution? Or do you mean something else, like domain industry? They are related , yet they are different.

•••
When you say "key" what do you mean? Do you mean someone that started the industry? Shaped the industry? Which industry? Do you mean the internet and its evolution? Or do you mean something else, like domain industry? They are related , yet they are different.

that,s the Key Question

THANK YOU !

•••
•••
•••
People who wanna be King are no Inspiration :xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
If Rick Schwartz is not part of the top your list then without want to be rude: You do not know anything about domain business.

•••
I consider them all key people, even Francois. :happy:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back