IT.COM

While trying to solve a problem Dynadot threatens to cancel the referral credit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Namepros memebers,

I have a very important problem with Dynadot because they loose many credibillity points and approached to the worst registrar companies conducts.

This happens while Im doing a domain name transfer from my personal Dynadot Account to another account of a company in Belize.

Since there is expired domain names and Dynadot doesnt let me transfer the domains without renovation (anyway there is not any error message, just nothing happens) I contacted them to resolve this problem.

While the Chat session 2077 they confirmed me that the only way to resolve this requieres that both account have the same owner and make a money transfer between accounts, renew the domain names, and after that start the push.

Im one of the directors of the new company account (its not mine) so I asked them If this helps, I didnt said that the account behalfs to me or that Im the 100% owner of this new company (in fact Im not).

They told me immediately: "Also, the referral credit will be cancelled since you own both accounts". This shows how they was looking for this in place of the solution of my problem.

I asked about this matter to avoid any conflicts before open the new company account (I was the responsable to do this), they told me that there is no problems with that in the way I did. I dont own the company account, the company owns their own account. If Im one of the directors doesnt matter.

This occured in a Chat session without any confirmations. This is a business account at the company name, a S.A. in Belize that made a $5000 prepaid to renew all the bought and new domain names.

At the momment the only response I got from they abouth this is: "We didn't guarantee that the $500 would be paid to the referring account. We have a right to reject a referral if we believe both accounts are owned by the same person. Can you explain why the login history of both accounts shows that you own both of them?"

I fully answered and clarified this but this person didnt give any solution. Also this person refused to identify himself. We are talking about $500 referred credit.

All this ocurred in a transparent chat session, I gave them all the information, Im logged in both accounts from the same computer and I can explain why since I dont have nothing to hide.

They finished the session saying: "Unfortunately, I'm required to terminate this chat session since the issue is now out of my hands. *Once again, I apologize for the confusion with this situation. *Thank you so much for your patience, have a wonderful day"

This is very dissapointment for all the customers. Now we also have to be carefull with the Dynadot "instant resolutions".

I will update with new information (legal or any resolution) soon.

The full chat session log is available on PM request.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So you have 1 account already, open another account, and want a referral credit for the $500 deposited?

I wouldn't give you the referral credit either, regardless of if it's "your" account or not.

•••
So you have 1 account already, open another account, and want a referral credit for the $500 deposited?

I wouldn't give you the referral credit either, regardless of if it's "your" account or not.

So if Larry Page or Sergey Brin creates and reffer the Google Inc. Account in Dynadot means that the new account behalfs to them? Of course not, is a new account for an independient company. Well this is the same case.

Anyway I clarify again that I asked this before and they accepted the referring situation, that is normal. I referred a Company.

Edit: And because of this we opened it, doing a $5000 deposit, not $500.

Last edited:
•••

I agree. You can't refer yourself (even if your company benefits) and expect anything.

The bottom line is:

"Referral Rewards may be revoked, reversed, adjusted, or otherwise modified, at Dynadot's sole discretion,"

You are saying that their practice is bad because you didn't get referral credit for what appears on the surface a very dubious transaction.

The only issue I see is that Dynadot consistently states that you need to renew names to be able to transfer them which isn't the case. You just have to ask them to unlock the names.

I'm not sure about intra-dynadot pushes but this is the case on transfers out of dynadot.

To be honest - I have no idea how a company does accounting when they're opening and transferring money between personal and business accounts like this. It seems it would be easier to have treated everything like a true business transaction. If your names needed renewing before transferring you should have renewed them yourself (and billed accordingly). That's my opinion. It would have been all kosher, above board, transparent and accountable. I think you were just trying to make money by referring yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your reply. Im not the company, the company its not me. There is a huge difference between phisical persons and legal persons. Im one director of this company and in my charge I decided to use Dynadot for the company account, since this options was interesting and Dynadot aproved it on time. We had the option to open the account in many different registrars, i.e. Godaddy with the poster412 $7,48 .com renewals coupons. But with a very bad customer support in my oppinion.

The company has their own benefits and looses, me too, we are not the same thing, we dont share domains and all this is because I sold domains to this company and Im transferring them. We are not linked more than in a work relation. The referal is 100% on the way it should, "refer-a-friend". Or Its supposed to refer unknown phisical/legal persons?, of course not.

Regarding your quote:
The bottom line is:

"Referral Rewards may be revoked, reversed, adjusted, or otherwise modified, at Dynadot's sole discretion,"
This probes what I said. They are loosing credibillity points and approached to the worst registrar companies conducts.

Im using Dynadot because I liked it, this unexpected behaviour makes me search for a new registrar company.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I think you were just trying to make money by referring yourself.
Well, then I opened a company in Belize, another in Uruguay, bought houndreds of .com domain names and deposit $5000 in the Dynadot account just to win $500 in a referal program. Doesnt counting that I could earn that just using coupons in Godaddy. Thats weird right?, I think there is very more expenses than that ammount.

Im a phisical person user of Dynadot since many years and my spending/yr is allways over $5000. I never refered anyother "me" in this years, that's a very good conduct historial.

Thanks for your impressions, helps me to know how Dynadot customer support thinks and works. But they know my historial, you didnt.

•••
You are saying that their practice is bad because you didn't get referral credit for what appears on the surface a very dubious transaction.
I think you were just trying to make money by referring yourself.
I think the same :tu:

Okay, you're not the other company, you're just a director but you have a vested interest.

By the way, almost all websites forbid self-referrals, what were you thinking ? :|

If you deposited $5000, you have super bulk pricing. Looking at the terms, account credit is not immediate ("Referral Rewards will be credited to your Dynadot account within approximately ninety (90) days of the completion of a Qualified Purchase by your Eligible Referred Friend") and:
Referral Rewards are only available for referrals resulting in new Dynadot accounts by Eligible Referred Friends who complete a Qualifying Purchase. Only the Eligible Referred Friend's first completed Qualifying Purchase through the Refer-A-Friend email or Referral Code will be eligible for credits and participation in the Program.
I doubt this was going to work the way you wanted.

•••
By the way, almost all websites forbid self-referrals, what were you thinking ?
sdsinc, thanks for your reply and oppinion.

I asked them and they told me that this was ok. I see that is confusing but Im not self-refering, I suggested and got accepted to use the same company Im using for my personal prouposses, and they usually gaves excellent customer support. This was horrible and this was a 100% fair referal actitude, transparent and honest.

•••
After one week, in place of asking for documents we have they replied:

We have decided that the $500 referral credit for your account, cristian, will be cancelled because you appear to be both the referrer and the "referred friend". You claim that you do not control both accounts, yet it is clear that you are able to log into both of them. In our eyes, it appears you are attempting to profit off of your connection to Travel Me S.A. by pretending you are each other's friend which is somewhat unethical.

Please note that Referral Rewards are awarded according to Dynadot's sole discretion and can be revoked or reversed at any time. Customer service representatives cannot "guarantee" that a Referral Reward will be given; they can only confirm that the Referral Reward request has been logged in our system.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this miscommunication. If you have any further concerns, please let us know.

They have taken a decision because something "appear" in place of asking for documents or at least any proves.

They have offended me as phisical person, with an excellent historical behaviour and high account balance >$5000/yr since years without this kind of "strange referred", of course because I don't do that.

I will move away from Dynadot and also, after spend the $5000 credit, I will suggest the company to move away.

This becomes very unethical from the Dynadot registrar side, acting even worst than Paypal disputes support.

This case appears to be finished, I hope this helps the Namepro's community to know the disputes resolutions and ways to avoid paying for referred users of Dynadot Company.

Very important: They have totally forgot to give me a solution about the domain renewals, since they only replied about the referral credit. That shows very clearly their concerns. Very dissapointing, they loose even more points.

•••
Good Luck with finding a better registrar. :)

•••
Godaddy with the poster412 $7,49 .com renewal coupon and if you dont need support is just better. Anyway I will also look for others an update you in PM :tu:

•••
Good Luck with finding a better registrar. :)
Second that.

Registrars are usually very afraid of fraud. What's described above is not fraud but must be abusive in their eyes (and ours).
Now with all the buzz and hoopla you've made I'm sure they will watch your actions carefully.

Feel free to try Godaddy's referral plan and keep us posted :)

•••
We have decided that the $500 referral credit for your account, cristian, will be cancelled because you appear to be both the referrer and the "referred friend". You claim that you do not control both accounts, yet it is clear that you are able to log into both of them. In our eyes, it appears you are attempting to profit off of your connection to Travel Me S.A. by pretending you are each other's friend which is somewhat unethical.

I completely agree with Dynadot here.

•••
I completely agree with Dynadot here.
So you think that you cannot refer the company you work on?, that's unethical for you?... I cannot understand that. They should be very happy because the new referred user mades a $5000 deposit to spend with them.

I think they have a total unethical behaviour. My referral is proved 100% transparent and fair.

They doesn't look for proves, I have explained them everything they need to understand the situation but they dont want to. Also before do this referral.

They don't ask for proves or papers but we have them. The fact is that they doesn't want to pay, that's the only problem we have.

The unethicals are Dynadot, with quick and unfounded "suposes", "accusations" and then "resolutions".

Be very careful when you make business with this kind of institutions/people, that's my advanced advice.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Now with all the buzz and hoopla you've made I'm sure they will watch your actions carefully.
I wish they do that because I have an excellent customer historial with them, expending more than $5000/yr since many years, including in their aftermarket.

I have never tried anothing like this and I'm not going to do it. I had many opportunities since I register new domains in bulk many times in the year. Also I have big participations in their auctions.

They only want to avoid the payment, thats the problem here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back