Dynadot

Which registrar is the best + Cheapest

NameSilo
Watch

Which one from this list is the best

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Well its a simple question...

All i want to know is which is the best registrar that is also cheap...

reason for asking the question is....
I am going to renew 35 to 45 domains this week
and all the domains are scattered around many registrars..
I want it to be on one registrar so that i don't forget them ;D
and so that it would be convenient

please guide me
thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stay AWAY from 1and1. Many horror stories. The others are ok.

Ron

•••
Even i m in problems with some of my domains on 1and1
i think they are asking for 9$ or something even for transfers between accounts !

•••
I have a few in Moniker and Godaddy.

Moniker: The customer service horror stories are true. My one and only support ticket took weeks to close- I presently have an email in pertaining to an aftermarket industry software product that needs their assistance with setup. Days and days and days have gone by. The one time I called, the lady I talked to made me think I had accidentally phoned in to Auschwitz.

But, the interface is nice, clean and simple to use. Hugely superior to godaddy, plus, they seem to have a presence on these forums, so if I ever get really mad and start a "Moniker Customer Service Sucks" thread, at least I know Bari will pop in and let me know she can fix it. I sure wish that kind of service were available on the front end...

Godaddy: Fantastic customer service.
Like, great. You can tell the corporate culture there emphasizes this, unlike other businesses who view customer service as a grudging obligation, where they just say whatever they can to get you off the phone, then laugh at you after they've hung up.

Downside: the interface sucks ass, the upselling is intolerable and by all reports Bob Parsons is a person of questionable character (which may or may not be true, but my poker-player intuitive soul read is that he probably is)

If godaddy were to keep their main site to appeal to the domaining 'masses' yet develop some sort of lite version for serious domainers who don't want the upselling, tacky ads and desire a more streamlined name management system- maybe like a godaddyPRO.com or godaddy.pro- they just may crush their competition.

Last edited:
•••
I have used GoDaddy and am happy with it. Yes, they do have too much contact designed to sell me more products then I want from them, which sometimes get's annoying. But the overall cost and customer service is good. The manage domains interface is not too bad either.

•••
I voted for Name.com, even though I'm a big GoDaddy fan. For 50 domains they would be great. Slightly more expensive than GoDaddy however. Look for a coupon code. Great interface, fast checkout, instant DNS updates. Support reasonable by email during office hours.

@Dongsman - You are going to get what you wish for at GoDaddy. They are coming out with a new version of their control panel, supposedly this qtr, for customers with an account manager. Actually, I think their control panel is the best control panel on the planet for managing many domains. Very powerful. It's basically the checkout I have the biggest problem with.

•••
It entirely depends on the extention.

You need to do your research on which registrar has the cheapest transfer rates/free whois privacy if you need that.

I only know godaddy is best for registering new .coms now when you have 5+. 6.99 with free whois privacy using coupon codes.

•••
Downside: the interface sucks ass, the upselling is intolerable and by all reports Bob Parsons is a person of questionable character (which may or may not be true, but my poker-player intuitive soul read is that he probably is)

To me interface trumps customer service since it's very rare I contact support but I use the interface on a regular basis.

I use Moniker. I'll add security as a giant plus for them with a record of zero domains stolen.

•••
The subject is an oxymoron in itself. The adage holds true that you get what you pay for.But I'll say that GoDaddy seems the best to me. It's my primary registrar. Moniker is a good registrar. 1&1 is about as terrible as the old RegisterFly. Do your homework before you decide though.

•••
Dynadot is great. They have an API, let you pre-pay funds, transferring from one account to the other is very simple, and they don't try to sell you 100 things when all you want to do is CHECKOUT.....

•••
My pick are Dynadot, Godaddy and Name. Dynadot and Name both have best at easy to use interface. All 3 are quick at customer support.

•••
My favourite is Name.com, but I usually use Godaddy for its low prices.
.info and .com: Godaddy
.in and .co.in: Name.com

•••
IMO, it's hard for a registrar to be the best + cheapest at the same time...
I would go with godaddy for now, but fabulous used to really be the best and cheapest

•••
Dynadot is great. They have an API, let you pre-pay funds, transferring from one account to the other is very simple, and they don't try to sell you 100 things when all you want to do is CHECKOUT.....

I totally agree.
Checking out at GD is tedious compared to Dynadot or Name.

•••
I would put my vote in for Name.com or MyDomain.com

•••
godaddy is nice if you don't need the private whois or if you register at least 5 by 5 (free private whois). Personally i like namecheap which has a free private whois even 1 by 1=]

•••
My vote goes to Godaddy and Moniker.

•••
Generally the word best and cheap doesn't mix well but if there is such a thing then Name.com is the nearest to that...
wow... I didn't know I can write like that :p But seriously I voted for Name.com. Dynadot is also a good alternative. The thing about their server crashing some time ago is a thing of the past.
Hei, who voted for 1and! :p

•••
I voted for name.com because its my favorite registrar for .com.,.net and .in too.

Moniker is also good but I haven´t tried the support there.

•••
I voted for GoDaddy. Yeah, their checkout sucks to all hell but they have pretty good prices (with coupons). A couple of months ago I would have emphatically said Dynadot but their domains are generally more expensive than GoDaddy and you can no longer taste domains without losing a great deal of money. I have never tried Name.com

•••
1and1 succccckkkksss.

I vote name.com.
GoDaddy is ok but I like free private whois. And the interface is more easy to use on name.com, less ads.

•••
I prefer GoDaddy. They are obviously the most widely known of any registrar, and dealing with end users they have all heard of GoDaddy. Prices are low, transfers are easy.

Also, with an Executive Account, you have many features not available with normal accounts. Many of the normal concerns are addressed - dedicated customer service rep, extra security features, etc.

Brad

•••
I have registered all my domain names at eurodns.com. Frankly speaking, I was impressed at the first glance at their web site, as there are a great variety of unique TLDs offered by this honest company. It is well-known European domain name registrar which also offers many discounts.

•••
I have a few in Moniker and Godaddy.

Moniker: The customer service horror stories are true. My one and only support ticket took weeks to close- I presently have an email in pertaining to an aftermarket industry software product that needs their assistance with setup. Days and days and days have gone by. The one time I called, the lady I talked to made me think I had accidentally phoned in to Auschwitz.

But, the interface is nice, clean and simple to use. Hugely superior to godaddy, plus, they seem to have a presence on these forums, so if I ever get really mad and start a "Moniker Customer Service Sucks" thread, at least I know Bari will pop in and let me know she can fix it. I sure wish that kind of service were available on the front end...

Godaddy: Fantastic customer service.
Like, great. You can tell the corporate culture there emphasizes this, unlike other businesses who view customer service as a grudging obligation, where they just say whatever they can to get you off the phone, then laugh at you after they've hung up.

If godaddy were to keep their main site to appeal to the domaining 'masses' yet develop some sort of lite version for serious domainers who don't want the upselling, tacky ads and desire a more streamlined name management system- maybe like a godaddyPRO.com or godaddy.pro- they just may crush their competition.

THANKS for the shout out Dongsman! I'm sorry about the customer support issue. Please be aware that all support tickets are now up to date and if you ever need anything, you know how/where to reach me directly.

Turnhardtoeasy - MONIKER MONIKER MONIKER! Hit me up if you have any questions! :)

Thanks!

•••
My fav is Name.com. I have 4xx domains with them and i m satisfied...

Clean Interface, Cheaper Pricing(with code), Fast Customer service, Easy-to-use, instant update.... What we need...

I m happy with name.com

Check this thread if you need coupon codes of Name.com
http://www.namepros.com/527215-name-com-coupon-codes-6.html
:hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back