IT.COM

Which registrar for secure domains ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SCP Foundation

Established Member
Impact
I have a friend who wants to start his own website. To register his domain, he told me he is looking for a registrar who would provide him the most secure domains, with SSL and all those things, with maximum security.
Which registrar would you recommend ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use Dynadot these days.

•••
•••
•••
I see that Porkbun have and interesting feature, you can lock there each domain with unique password, did not see this on other Registrars.
Dynadot is good for security but I had issues with 2FA SMS not coming, found out that the Country was set to Azerbaijan automatically if not wrong, the first country in the list, happened 2 times not sure if this was fixed, also orders are processed slow, until they will register your jewel someone else can snap it from under your nose.
SAV is also good with minor issues which they will solve only by Ticketing system.
Currently trying Cosmotown, probably will move my domains to them due to lower prices, they have 2FA and logging like at Porkbun.

SAV
Security = 4.3* enough
Prices = 4.5* normal
Registrations = 5* fast
Support = 4.1* enough

Dynadot (not using anymore)
Security = 5* good
Prices = 3.5* average
Registrations = 3* slow
Support = 4* good

Porkbun
Security = 5* good
Prices = 3.5* average
Registrations = 3.5* average
Support = 4* good

Cosmotown
Security = 4* enough
Prices = 5* good
Registrations = 4.5* good
Support = 3.5* average

This is my free non paid opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back