IT.COM

question Which payment method(s) do you use ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which payment method(s) do you use except from Paypal

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Payza

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

metwebber

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I dont know how many of you are aware of this problem but unfortunately Turkish people have not been able to use paypal for approximately 1 year because of the some conflicts between financial regulators in Turkey and Paypal.

This has been really affecting our small-scale businesses. (at least I can talk for myself)

There are lots of alternative payment methods which we can use but this time we can not find anyone who prefers to use these methods. Everyone uses paypal for sure.

I would like to ask you whether you use any payment method except from paypal ? I am asking this because I am trying to find out which payment method is used as a second choice.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If someone in the US were to sell a domain to a buyer in Turkey, I thought Skrill.com could be used. However, the US seller would have to withdraw the funds in euros. If his bank can do the currency exchange from euros to dollars when the wire comes here, it shouldn't be a problem.

Turkish people can still use Skrill, isn't that correct?

•••
•••
Paypal, credit cards and banks have one form of restriction or the other, why not use bitcoin, that is what i intend doing from now on.

•••
Bitcoin is definetely best option for me but unfortunately I can not find lots of people who are willing to use it.
For example, I refrain from selling on ebay. I havent tried to use ebay after paypal stopped working with us because I am not sure how the buyer will make payment.

Credit card is not any option for me because I am not sure how I can receive payment when i sell any domain.

Nowadays, I can just use secondary marketplaces and transaction firms like escrow.com. They are sending money via wire transfer but this is also expensive. Banks cut some commisions. I am not to mention that commisions of marketplaces.
Actually escow.com & 2nd marketplaces are better for mid $XXX transactions but for small amounts I need to find a creative way.

Last edited:
•••
Bitcoin is definetely best option for me but unfortunately I can not find lots of people who are willing to use it.
For example, I refrain from selling on ebay. I havent tried to use ebay after paypal stopped working with us because I am not sure how the buyer will make payment.

Credit card is not any option for me because I am not sure how I can receive payment when i sell any domain.

Nowadays, I can just use secondary marketplaces and transaction firms like escrow.com. They are sending money via wire transfer but this is also expensive. Banks cut some commisions. I am not to mention that commisions of marketplaces.
Actually escow.com & 2nd marketplaces are better for mid $XXX transactions but for small amounts I need to find a creative way.
Ask the buyers pay by wire transfer to your bank account. I did it with $1000 - my buyer pay me through wire transfer, once in my bank, I push/transfer the domain name to his domain account

Last edited:
•••
Ask the buyers pay by wire transfer to your bank account. I did it with $1000 - my buyer pay me through wire transfer, once in my bank, I push/transfer the domain name to his domain account

This is OK for $XXXX transactions but I am looking for a way which I can sell domains that have $XX - low $XXX value.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Look into the TransferWise.
transferwise.com
I haven't tried them in domain selling but I think they could be a very doable option.
Buyer transfers money to local TW account then you get it in liras in TW Turkish account. TWs fees are minor. less than 1%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back