IT.COM

question What is Your Preferred Payment Method when Selling a Domain and Why

NameSilo
Watch

What is Your Preferred Payment Method when Selling a Domain and Why

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Paypal

votes
    66.7%
  • Dan.com

votes
    33.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Picorio

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I got an inquiry of a buyer from China. They are interested in one of my domain so they wanted to know which one is my preferred payment method. I usually do transactions through PayPal. Is there a better payment platform for domain selling out of PayPal? If so, could you please share it on this post and the benefits or advantages of using it?

Thank you and ya'll be safe!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try Epik escrow. Contact Epik directly to set up NamePros level discounted service. They take many payment forms and it will be easier for the buyer to fund his or her account out of China.

PayPal sucks with China and most Chinese don’t have access to the western credit card network. They use Alipay there. Namesilo used to take Alipay but the Chinese government decided to remove their vendor status. Epik may be able to get it to work, depending on how the buyers Alipay account is set up. If neither of these methods work for the buyer, he probably has to fund the payment through bank wire transfer. Most any broker will take this.

Last edited:
•••
Great information Pazu. This is very helpful to me. I really appreciate it 👍.

•••
Briefcase violin or cello case full of cash. But paypal or godaddy will deal with depends on amount escrow.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back