IT.COM

question Which listing platform should I register?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DeeJay23

Established Member
Impact
I've been wondering if which is the better platform: Afternic, godaddy, or brandbucket?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All 3 are great to take advantage of. But remember for BrandBucket they have a specific criteria they look at when accepting domains. You need to make sure you take some time to look at their inventory and see what type of brandable names they have accepted, this will help you understand what type of brandables you should get. As for Godaddy and Afternic you can put up all of your names and set them up as make offer.

If you have names in multiple platforms it makes sense to do a make offer this way you avoid the issue of someone buying it in Godaddy and someone else buying it somewhere else if you had the domain as a buy it now in both places. If you want to put a buy it now option on your Godaddy listing go for it but make sure to put the domain as make offer in any other platform you decide to list it on.

- Will

•••
I've been wondering if which is the better platform: Afternic, godaddy, or brandbucket?

I use none of the above. My names are listed on the Epik marketplace...no ridiculous commission or fees. Income from the sale has 0 commission if you use the funds through their marketplace (buy domains, etc) or if you want to cash out it is only 5%.

•••
All 3 are great to take advantage of. But remember for BrandBucket they have a specific criteria they look at when accepting domains. You need to make sure you take some time to look at their inventory and see what type of brandable names they have accepted, this will help you understand what type of brandables you should get. As for Godaddy and Afternic you can put up all of your names and set them up as make offer.

If you have names in multiple platforms it makes sense to do a make offer this way you avoid the issue of someone buying it in Godaddy and someone else buying it somewhere else if you had the domain as a buy it now in both places. If you want to put a buy it now option on your Godaddy listing go for it but make sure to put the domain as make offer in any other platform you decide to list it on.

- Will
I learned that brandbucket is really strict when it comes to their branding, and I learned it the hard way by having been rejected. Moving on, I decided to list my domains in sedo instead.

I'm wondering why Afternic website is showing insecure site in my end. Is it only me? Who knows....

•••
I use none of the above. My names are listed on the Epik marketplace...no ridiculous commission or fees. Income from the sale has 0 commission if you use the funds through their marketplace (buy domains, etc) or if you want to cash out it is only 5%.
I'll look into Epik marketplace as well. It's the first time I heard of it. I really learned new things everyday. Cheers!

•••
I'll look into Epik marketplace as well. It's the first time I heard of it. I really learned new things everyday. Cheers!

It is no secret I like Epik...don't want to derail your thread but if you want some more insight let me know via private message...best of luck domaining!

•••
hey guys, I a new at this, have a few domains and listed them on Afnernic, Sedo, Vodoo and Flipper are there any other sites I can list my domains?

•••
Which is the best end user marketplace?

•••
I think it's definitely a good idea to at least post the names in several places with Make offer and possibly 1 buy it now (so you don't double sell on accident) because recently I had a name on a lander that sold on Afternic from their network. They invoked a price request then bought it immediately after. The person or entity could have easily gone to my domain and seen the lander and put in any offer to get my response.

So in that instance looks like Afternic earned their commission. Ironically I got paid faster than expected so was pleasantly surprised about that given the troubles they had this year.

•••
I think it's definitely a good idea to at least post the names in several places with Make offer and possibly 1 buy it now (so you don't double sell on accident) because recently I had a name on a lander that sold on Afternic from their network. They invoked a price request then bought it immediately after. The person or entity could have easily gone to my domain and seen the lander and put in any offer to get my response.

So in that instance looks like Afternic earned their commission. Ironically I got paid faster than expected so was pleasantly surprised about that given the troubles they had this year.
I used sedo and godaddy auction as of now. Is it a good idea that instead of a lander, it will be redirected to my website?

•••
I used sedo and godaddy auction as of now. Is it a good idea that instead of a lander, it will be redirected to my website?

Yes your own site or lander works great because you can control more factors and still use the marketplaces to get sales and such as well.

•••
I'm using afternic because they have large network of affiliate marketplaces your domain gets listed on as well, Godaddy included. The benefit is you can manage them all from the one single Afternic platform.

Screenshot_20171023-191925.png

•••
I'm using afternic because they have large network of affiliate marketplaces your domain gets listed on as well, Godaddy included. The benefit is you can manage them all from the one single Afternic platform.

Show attachment 72097
what is the lowest commission fee of afternic?
I read godaddy’s is 15.but some bins are as low as 20.

•••
That's new info for me. So you have more reach in afternic if that is the case.

•••
Afternic has a fee calculator that generates your net proceeds based off the sale price which is quick and easy to use. You can find this and a description of their fee structure below.

20% $15 minimum ($0 to $5000)

$1,000 +15% of amount over $5k ($5,001 to $25,000)

$4,000 +10% of amount over $25k ($25,000 and over)

https://www.afternic.com/sell-domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back