Dynadot

WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST REGISTRAR FOR TRANSFER OF .COM NAMES

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I need to transfer my .com names from Godaddy, NameSilo and NewworkSolution.
Please suggest me a few Registrar which are trouble free and Cheaper.
Thank you.
Haroon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
epik.com is agood option and transferring most of my names there

•••
I don't know if dynadot is the cheapest, but it's cheap. I like dynadot in general. It's about $7.50 or something like that.

•••
I don't know if dynadot is the cheapest, but it's cheap. I like dynadot in general. It's about $7.50 or something like that.

Dynadot charges $ 8.75 for .com names

•••
epik.com is agood option and transferring most of my names there

Epik.com was my favorite too, but now they charge $ 8.49 for .com name transfers.

•••
•••
Go to epik . com best domain support on the net .

•••
it will be great if you try to check using TLDlist / DomComp sites...

I see every time you need to register/transfer your domains you start a thread like this...nothing wrong in this but totally unnecessary!

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
dan.com is too high,the ceo should thinkabout it for more markets。

•••
Yeah for com extension epik is "epic" ;D but for extension like "top" or other gTLDs it's expensive (about 40$ when others 4-8$ that's bad).I would recommend porkbun (8.56) and namecheap too (8.28$).

•••
Since the registrars are charged $7.85+$0.18 as their wholesale cost (except during limited bulk promotions by Verisign) it will probably be hard to find much less than $8.25 for renew or transfer. If you can wait, from time to time Epik reduce transfers when a whale brings many transfers into Epik.

I am not sure how important Afternic and Sedo MLS is to you - it if is then only a select number of registrars include both platforms such as NameSilo, Dynadot, Epik, Name/com and a few others.

As already said, I look at DomComp and TLD-List to see who is cheapest, but I also consider the features of each registrar, and sometimes a transfer to save a small amount is not worth it to me.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Domcomp.com to look for cheapest.
Friendly registrars: Dynadot,Epik, Namesilo.

Last edited:
•••
Since the registrars are charged $7.85+$0.18 as their wholesale cost (except during limited bulk promotions by Verisign) it will probably be hard to find much less than $8.25 for renew or transfer. If you can wait, from time to time Epik reduce transfers when a whale brings many transfers into Epik.

I am not sure how important Afternic and Sedo MLS is to you - it if is then only a select number of registrars include both platforms such as NameSilo, Dynadot, Epik Name/com and a few others.

As already said, I look at DomComp and TLD-List to see who is cheapest, but I also consider the features of each registrar, and sometimes a transfer to save a small amount is not worth it to me.

Bob

Thank you very much for your feedback @Bob Hawkes , I highly appreciate it.
Yes, all my names are listed in Sedo and Afternic.
Best regards.

•••
you can always talk to admin first that you have more than one to transfer, they might give you bulk transfer discount. Dynadot epik and namesilo, but I see you are transferring out of namesilo. :)

•••
Name.com $8.25 + Free Privacy with coupon “privacyplease”

•••

I am not sure how important Afternic and Sedo MLS is to you - it if is then only a select number of registrars include both platforms such as NameSilo, Dynadot, Epik, Name/com and a few others.

Bob

Is the $7.85+$0.18 cost charged only for renewals, or for new domains too?

•••
Domcomp.com to look for cheapest.
Friendly registrars: Dynadot,Epik, Namesilo.

I also got a good experience overall with Name.com. Using them for many years. Perhaps it is worth adding it too.

•••
Is the $7.85+$0.18 cost charged only for renewals, or for new domains too?
It is for new, transfer or renewal - the wholesale price of each .com to the registry.

However, sometimes the registry offer confidential bulk discounts based on a certain number of registrations. I am less clear, but I think there may from time to time be renewal bulk wholesale promotions to registrars, but I don't know this for sure.

So when registrars offer $6.50 transfer or the same price or less for registrations they are losing money on that transaction. Now many hope that enough will renew, or bring in money in other ways such as purchase of hosting, or be sold on the registrar marketplace and get a cut that way, but on the actual registration they are losing money even not counting their own costs.

If you look over the past decade, and compare the slice of the registration pie over actual costs, the legacy registries have a much larger share compared to a steadily shrinking registrar share. I hope, and think, I am reporting that correctly from a panel at NamesCon 2019. That is how the gross profit of Verisign is so high, and why there was so much concern when the four 7% per year increases were approved without it going to competitive tender.

Bob

•••
It is for new, transfer or renewal - the wholesale price of each .com to the registry.

However, sometimes the registry offer confidential bulk discounts based on a certain number of registrations. I am less clear, but I think there may from time to time be renewal bulk wholesale promotions to registrars, but I don't know this for sure.

So when registrars offer $6.50 transfer or the same price or less for registrations they are losing money on that transaction. Now many hope that enough will renew, or bring in money in other ways such as purchase of hosting, or be sold on the registrar marketplace and get a cut that way, but on the actual registration they are losing money even not counting their own costs.

If you look over the past decade, and compare the slice of the registration pie over actual costs, the legacy registries have a much larger share compared to a steadily shrinking registrar share. I hope, and think, I am reporting that correctly from a panel at NamesCon 2019. That is how the gross profit of Verisign is so high, and why there was so much concern when the four 7% per year increases were approved without it going to competitive tender.

Bob

Can I be Verisign?

•••
Can I be Verisign?
Potentially years in future if you can convince the US Department of Commerce to give you the .com contract! :xf.grin: Good luck with that, though!

•••
For transfer Epik connectreseller and dynadot

Last edited:
•••
Epik.com was my favorite too, but now they charge $ 8.49 for .com name transfers.

you can get unlimited .com transfers at ConnectReseller @ $8.08 with free privacy protection included.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back