Dynadot

WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST REGISTRAR FOR TRANSFER OF .COM NAMES

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST REGISTRAR FOR TRANSFER OF .COM NAMES

Please help me suggesting a few good Registrars who are charging lowest for Transferring .com names.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If someone has the Dynadot code pm me.I thought the deal ended last day of June

Was it our $7.99 .COM transfer code you were looking for? That code is "COMHERE", and is currently valid until 07/31//0219

•••
Avoid 1&1 by all means.

The difference in price now be carried over to renewal period.
Real situation:
after luring me in with $6 transfer, they now want $39 for renewal. I dropped all the domains.
Time and money wasted.

That's not all. You can not edit your domain DNS to forward/land anywhere unless you pay for one of their hosting plans.
All considered, I think NameSilo is the best. IMO.

Except for the hosting aspect, ALL i said above about 1&1 also holds true for Network Solutions. Having used their promo to register domains months back, just received an invoice for renewals - see attached screenshots below.

Before cyber dogs come up to bark and snarl, let them first dispute the quoted amount on the invoice and explain to me why I must pay $38 O_o to renew a com domain for one year, when I can do same elsewhere for less than $9.

So, "promo-happy" guys, always ask for renewal fees before jumping into anything. Don't repeat my mistake!

!networksolution-overpriced-renewal-fee1.png
!networksolution-overpriced-renewal-fee2.png

Last edited:
•••
ALL i said above about 1&1 also holds true for Network Solutions. Having used their promo to register domains months back, just received an invoice for renewals - see attached screenshots below.
For Netsol, you disable the autorenew and consider transferring to other registrar.

•••
Epik does offer $8.10 everyday for .COM for folks who fund their account via bank transfer or crypto. Otherwise it is $8.49 for .COM for create, renewal and transfer -- it is basically registrar cost.

In the meantime, we are having a good quarter for .COM. We are thinking to introduce a domainer "Happy Hour" as this was quite popular for .CO where we registered more than 30,000 .CO this month.

As for pricing, I am thinking:

.COM Create: $5.89
.COM Transfer: $7.49

As for time slot, 2-4 pm PT worked pretty well for .CO -- it allowed Europe, Asia and Americas to all participate. We would run this promo through September 30, 2019.

How does that sound?

Last edited:
•••
•••
For Netsol, you disable the autorenew and consider transferring to other registrar.
You probably missed my initial post.
Either way, you end up paying x3 the average market price.
If you've used their promo code to register (or transfer in) the domains, transferring out during the first year will NOT be free.

•••
You probably missed my initial post.
Either way, you end up paying x3 the average market price.
If you've used their promo code to register (or transfer in) the domains, transferring out during the first year will NOT be free.
I didn't pay a dime to transfer from Netsol. I have transferred many at no cost from Netsol and what I pay is at the gaining registrar.

•••
I didn't pay a dime to transfer from Netsol. I have transferred many at no cost from Netsol and what I pay is at the gaining registrar.
You may be right.
Transfer out immediately, remove auto renewal, etc,
But why all the hassles, kinda hide-and-seek game, when I can avoid such registrar altogether?

Last edited:
•••
But why all the hassles, kinda hide-and-seek game, when I can avoid such registrar altogether?
Bargain hunters like me have no issue relocating to good and affordable registrar:xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back