IT.COM

Which is the best web hosting company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am going to registration a domain but i don't know from which company that i will do registration so that can you able to tell me which is the best web hosting company.

please some body help me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, for starters, what TLD are you going to register?

•••
Stop... If i understood you correctly, you need to reg a domain? But I cannot get why do you ask of hosting company? Do you also need hosting, or you want to reg a domain with the same company where to host a site. or you meant domain regisrar when asked?

Good hosting is at Webhostgiant.com - cheap and large plans, good place to start.
Good regisrars are: godaddy.com, enom.com, directi.com ad eurodns.com.
And I would not recommend you to host site and reg a domain at the same place...

•••
I think he confuses registrar and host as the same thing

•••
you can also go for the company i host my sites with. am not sure if they provide domains or not but hosting is real cheap. only :$:1.95 and you will get 25,000 mb space 250,000 mb bandwidth and rest of the things are unlimited.
https://www.medalhost.com/secure/order.php?step=2&pid=10

and if you ever need someone to make a website for you then you can pm me always :red:

•••
One more to tip to add from my side keep the domain registration and hosting separate. That will help you to avoid future problems. Also do your home work before you sign up with a hosting company. Reviews are available in hosting forums and google search will also help. Best of luck for the host hunt.

•••
i register my domains with 1&1 these days. they are cheap and in case you need domain privacy, they ofer it for free

•••
Get domain name in one place and web host in another. That is the best concern and most safe.

•••
why is regging in one place and hosting in another preferred? thanks

•••
Meongtae, some not honest web hosting companies own customer domain names (and charge them), but once customer decide to move, they prevent and move customer pay for the domain name etc.
I think that just to avoid such situations

•••
khanshab said:
I am going to registration a domain but i don't know from which company that i will do registration so that can you able to tell me which is the best web hosting company.
please some body help me

I will help you with pleasure. If you you are looking for both web hosting company and domain registrar, I can recommend you Marblehost.com. It offers good hosting plans at affordable prices and also has free bonuses. One of them is free domain name for life. If you buy any hosting plan, you will get free domain. I think it will be much more reasonable for you.

•••
Meongtae said:
why is regging in one place and hosting in another preferred? thanks

Hosts use the free domain offered as a tool to tie up the users with them. They can at time make it extremely difficult to change the NS or transfer the domain to another client. A domain name is the MOST important part of your web business. It is vital to have absolutely 100% control over it, and it does make sense to pay less than $10 for a domain rather than having your site down for weeks/months and fighting with host to move your domain.

•••
Best web hosting? I think it is different for everyone. My favourite is ServerPoint.com - reliable annd multifaceted. I think they are to be the best... What about you? I need to know requirements first...`

•••
I say go with NameCheap.com

GoDaddy is too full of themselves... plus their cp and methods suck.

Ive heard lots of bad things about 1&1, dont get hosting from a company just because they are gonna give (lend) you a free domain, dont fall for this BS.

Cheaper isnt the best option...

•••
I find GoDaddys cp is simple to use..

I use dot5hosting.com

I pay $4.95 a month for 17tb bandwith and like 150gb space...

They recently moved to 'unlimited' which has put me off a bit, but the cp 'vDeck' is very nice and simple to use, plus lots of access to do anything you need, and many features

•••
alemcherry said:
Hosts use the free domain offered as a tool to tie up the users with them. They can at time make it extremely difficult to change the NS or transfer the domain to another client. A domain name is the MOST important part of your web business. It is vital to have absolutely 100% control over it, and it does make sense to pay less than $10 for a domain rather than having your site down for weeks/months and fighting with host to move your domain.
Your trying to bunch all hosting providers who offer a free domain with their hosting together. Yes there are some dishonest hosts that will give you a hard time with your domain. BUT don't bunch the good one in with them.

I offer free domain with most hosting plans and I take offence that I'm being placed into your description of dishonest hosts.

khanshab,
Just be sure that the host gives you full control of your domain such as register lock, forwarding, DNS functions. If they do chances are that you won't have a problem with them.

redahm

•••
If you buy any hosting plan at MMhosting.com, you will get free domain and your sites will have no downtime and will be constantly online. It will offer you hosting solution which will definitely meet your specifications at reasonable rates.

•••
everyone referred to a different web host! what to do....

•••
Go with ServerPoint.com - this is very trustworthy company which provides good services. What to do? look up offers, some of them may siout you!

Domain registration is better to do with accredited registrars, like EuroDNS.com or Enom.

•••
it's a matter of opinion and also what suits you best.
for a starter my choice of domain registrar is godaddy.com
and hosting is fusedhosting.net

in my opinion they're the best since they haven't let me down, there are bumps along the road esp. with godaddy but i choose to stay with them.

khanshab said:

please some body help me

•••
There is no such thing as the "best webhost". Every host offers different amounts of services to their clients to suit different requirements. If you tell us what your requirements are, then there we might be able to assist you in finding a host for your requirements.

•••
cheap and best registrar for domain registration name.com,private whois also free.

hostgator.com for hosting,their hosting and customer support is good.

•••
xavibabi said:
everyone referred to a different web host! what to do....

In this case, comparison research will show a well-marked picture of what the company is and make notion of the market. As for the hosting company recommendation, check A2hosting.com, Hostupon.com and Hostpapa.com. They will provide you with constant and uninterrupted hosting services at moderate prices.

•••
I'm surprised so many have mentioned eurodns.

NamePros has a registrar review system, you can read the reviews here:
http://www.namepros.com/registerindex.php

Personally, I'd recommend DynaDot.com

As for hosting, definitely host with a different company from your registrar. Keeps the control in your hands.

I'm currently using mediatemple.net, and apthost.com hosting. mediatemple has been good so far. not the cheapest, or the fastest, but their service hasn't been down for me yet, and thats the most important thing to me.

•••
Have a look at Sibername.com as it carries out registration of domain names at reasonable rates. One more important fact has to be mentioned that it also offers good hosting plans with free domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back