IT.COM

opinion Which is the best way to sell domains - Outbound or Inbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is the best way to sell domains

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Outbound (Spam)

• Inbound (Lander)

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Furquan

JokerTop Member
Impact
Hey Domainers,

I wanted to learn the best way to sell domain names, Personly I hate sending unsolicited spam email and asking people to buy my name but I feel there is no harm doing some Social Media promotion of our name to drive more attention toward our names.

So what is your thought, You would sit on your domain name and wait for the end-user to come and knock your door or You just send hundreds and thousands of email to "possible end-user" to sell your domain name.

The choice is yours,

I am taking this two recent reported sell as a reference,

Dif.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say INBOUND is the best because the person has already shown interest. Then following up with them is simpler since they are no longer a cold lead.

BUT

This doesn't always happen and sitting on domains waiting for a sale isn't always the best approach. Sometimes you have to go knocking on doors. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with.

-Omar

•••
If you find end users, then outbound. If it doesn't sail or get an offer in your price desires, then you're forced to inbound.

It's just that f'n simple. 😉

•••
The best way to sell a domain is to own the ones people actually want.
Inbound or outbound are only meaningful if the names are of value to the intended end user.

•••
The best way to sell a domain is to own the ones people actually want.
Inbound or outbound are only meaningful if the names are of value to the intended end user.

Thank you for your very valuable and totally related input that totally answered the OP's question.

•••
I must admit your reference to sending hundreds or thousands of emails is a bit of a shock to me. I will regularly spend an entire day and evening researching potential buyers. but that effort will only ever produce 2 or 3 carefully worded and researched outbound emails, my success rate is usually around one in four. I don't leave anything to chance, Right contact, researched business.. I wouldn't be able to send an email that I didn't feel touched home with a potential client

Last edited:
•••
I must admit your reference to sending hundreds or thousands of emails is a bit of a shock to me. I will regularly spend an entire evening researching potential buyers. but that effort will only ever produce 2 or 3 carefully researched outbound emails, my success rate is usually one in four. I don't leave anything to chance, Right contact, researched business.. I wouldn't be able to send an email that I didn't feel touched home with a potential client

I think your method with such a high sail rate of 25% works for higher end domains.

But OP referenced a long geo name. If he's talking about long geo names, and average b randables, then sending only 2 outbounds is very unlikely to realize a 25 % successful sale rait

•••
Fair comment, I've even had days where its been 100% success But, indeed none of my domains are GEO's

* Yep and consecutive days of failure

Last edited:
•••
I would say INBOUND is the best because the person has already shown interest. Then following up with them is simpler since they are no longer a cold lead.

BUT

This doesn't always happen and sitting on domains waiting for a sale isn't always the best approach. Sometimes you have to go knocking on doors. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with.

-Omar
You are absolutely right @Omar Negron

•••
Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread, all the information is very useful & I appreciate every one.

So far we have all the "Vote" goes to Inbound.

•••
•••
Hi,
So most of the time inbound is better but if move for outbound then really it works and you are actually pushing your sale.

•••
How & whom do you out-bound market a low 6-figure domain where the term is owned by multi-national companies or huge industries? Email person in senior marketing positions or email someone from senior management? Or perhaps email few of them making them share the responsibility of passing on such opportunity?

Last edited:
•••
Back