Dynadot

domains Which industry participant are you most thankful for?

NameSilo
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
I just got email from TheDomains :

Happy Thanksgiving
to those who are celebrating the holiday today.

What company does the most to help you be successful in domaining ?

NamePros
is leading :xf.wink:

Cast your Vote & Share

Source : http://www.thedomains.com/2016/11/24/industry-participant-thankful/

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 9.36.44 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Out of the ones listed I'd go...

GoDaddy
Namepros
DNJournal
Uniregistry

Giving #1 to GoDaddy based on them dumping millions into advertising which is what this industry needs end user eyeballs being drawn in. Smart play by them with the Smartname, Afternic acquisitions to come full circle and then with advertising thrown in puts domainers domains right in the registrar path in front of end users. No better place for aftermarket sales then where the majority of end users register their domains to begin with as GoDaddy is the 800 lb gorilla in the room in terms of end user domain registrations.

First, read this thread about Adam Dicker: https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/

Godaddy you say? Here, read this article about Dicker and Godaddy: https://www.wired.com/2008/06/godaddy-vp-caug/

DNJournal you say? Here, get educated viewing this: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2014/dailyposts/20140815.htm

And don't forget this little diddy:

You've been taken for a fool. I know you're not a fool, but you've been taken for one by ethically-challenged individuals and entities, and those who would intentionally mislead you by outright lies or deliberate omission of relevant facts while claiming otherwise.

Wise up. Your allegiance is valuable, too valuable to waste.

•••
Your allegiance is valuable, too valuable to waste.
That's my favorite quote in a long time. It fits with this poll impeccably.

•••
I voted for Namepros. I am surprised neck to neck competition by Uniregistry - a non entity. Something fishy going on.

•••
I dunno what all the guff's about.

I'd be pretty thankful of Uniregistry if they were signing my US tax exempt paycheck every month.

Cheating, rigged? Come on.

Michael Cyger won Developer of the Year.

At least Uni is the best registrar, in my opinion, on this list. Had 1&1 been in the lead, there'd definitely be something fishy.

•••
Update :

270 Votes in 2 days
Created 25th November 2016 - 1:20 AM
Click 'Next' for poll results

GoDaddy

7%
Uniregistry
27%
NameJet
1%
DropCatch
0%
NameCheap
4%
Name.com
3%
Namepros
30%
Sedo
1%
Afternic
1%
BrandBucket
0%
DNJournal
10%
Dynadot
5%
Escrow.com
5%
Estibot
0%
Dropping.com
0%
OtherRegistrar
1%
OtherMarketplace
2%
Namescon
1%

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 12.09.08 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
I am surprised neck to neck competition by Uniregistry - a non entity. Something fishy going on.
They had their 30-50 employees vote for Uniregistry. It was proven in post #11, post #12, post #16 and post #20.

facebook.png

http://www.poll-maker.com/results898862x0bcbcB4d-37#tab-6

Her LinkedIn: http://archive.is/Gy8wa

The guff is about the results being skewed and not representing the industry, because 20-30% of the votes came from Uniregistry voting for itself.

Cheating, rigged?
Does the best registrar have the right to spoil the poll by forging votes?

I'd be pretty thankful of Uniregistry if they were signing my US tax exempt paycheck every month.
Your argument is that Uniregistry thought the poll asked,

"Which company pays the most employees to vote for itself?"

Laughable. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Frankly, the choices provided have given us little to be thankful for. They've all prospered due to us, not the other way around. And our choices for quality services, honesty, transparency and having guts to take the high road in this business are pathetic. You can thank some on that list for the abysmal, cesspool-like stigma we find ourselves associated with for merely speculating in domains. Remember that next time you see someone from any of those entities as a guest speaker or panel "expert" at the next domainer convention designed to separate rubes from their money.

•••
namepros, uniregistry is outstanding, godaddy solid, 101domain amazes me, 1and1.com so far great, whois.com wonderful, namecheap great service, valuate.com, estibot.com, domaintools, sedo.com, namejet, etc. yea! ty

•••
Obviously, none of you have ever worked in the corporate world. That is fine.

From my experience, we'd get an email sent down the chain to vote for our company in some poll that would never have an effect on us (rather the CEO or the likes at an awards ceremony none of us would ever attend). However, as loyal employees, we would vote for our own company. I've personally done this on multiple occasions at two different companies.

I'm not saying from my experience in the corporate world that is what happened here. The question asked was, "What company does the most to help you be successful in domaining ?"

Making a general assumption, and even knowing that Joe Styler of GoDaddy is an avid domain name investor, I would say that possibly getting fringe benefits of at-cost domain name registrations and lower cost commissions in marketplaces helps some of the employees there in domaining. If not, it certainly is helping them build a professional resume by being in the industry and working there. Additionally, the money that they save by not paying the US government in the form of taxes as they are expatriates is tremendous. You don't think that saving $25,000 a year would help you in domaining by allowing you to invest more?

Quit being a bunch of namePros nancies.

Move on. All the polls are rigged. I've accepted that fact, and you should too.

•••
Obviously, none of you have ever worked in the corporate world. That is fine.

From my experience, we'd get an email sent down the chain to vote for our company in some poll that would never have an effect on us (rather the CEO or the likes at an awards ceremony none of us would ever attend). However, as loyal employees, we would vote for our own company. I've personally done this on multiple occasions at two different companies.

I'm not saying from my experience in the corporate world that is what happened here. The question asked was, "What company does the most to help you be successful in domaining ?"

Making a general assumption, and even knowing that Joe Styler of GoDaddy is an avid domain name investor, I would say that possibly getting fringe benefits of at-cost domain name registrations and lower cost commissions in marketplaces helps some of the employees there in domaining. If not, it certainly is helping them build a professional resume by being in the industry and working there. Additionally, the money that they save by not paying the US government in the form of taxes as they are expatriates is tremendous. You don't think that saving $25,000 a year would help you in domaining by allowing you to invest more?

Move on. All the polls are rigged. I've accepted that fact, and you should too.

✔️

•••
I'm proud to be part of "namePros nancies" if that means we demand patrons of this industry to exhibit dignity, morals, and integrity at the expense of their egos.

Uniregistry is a dime a hundred dozen but they're the shiniest dime. That shine will wear away if they continue to lose our respect. Is it really worth it for a "poll that would never have an effect" on them? It's affected my opinion of them. D-:

•••
I'm proud to be part of "namePros nancies" if that means we demand patrons of this industry to exhibit dignity, morals, and integrity at the expense of their egos.

Uniregistry is a dime a hundred dozen but they're the shiniest dime. That shine will wear away if they continue to lose our respect. Is it really worth it for a "poll that would never have an effect" on them? It's affected my opinion of them. D-:
Cool story bro.

They still got my respect.

•••

Cheating, rigged? Come on.

Michael Cyger won Developer of the Year.

At least Uni is the best registrar, in my opinion, on this list. Had 1&1 been in the lead, there'd definitely be something fishy.
"Signing your US tax exempt paycheck every month" Wonder why you love Mr. Trump of doing things:hungry:

•••
"Signing your US tax exempt paycheck every month" Wonder why you love Mr. Trump of doing things:hungry:
Um, the foreign earned income exclusion has risen every year under Obama – most likely because the purchasing power of a dollar has fallen – what are you rambling on about?

•••
•••
•••
People with kids can get lots of money; I'm tired of paying taxes too but if I missed a dime, they will put me in jail in a heart a beat. I think better not working at all. Or start having kids, oops I'm too old:playful: so I can get free money:unsure:

•••
I was messaged this morning that Uniregistry is at it again. :banghead: I told them at this point there's nothing left to do but laugh. Isn't it fun watching the heatmap at Uniregistry's offices get redder and redder? Is it going to go supernova from all their fake votes?

georgetown.png

LOL.png

Tell your friends and family to vote for your favorites on the poll because Uniregistry is going to have their employees vote for Uniregistry until their fingers are black and blue. Laughingstocks. :ROFL:

•••
•••
Update :

328 Votes in 6 days
Created 25th November 2016 - 1:20 AM
Click 'Next' for poll results

GoDaddy
7%
Uniregistry
27%
NameJet
1%
DropCatch
0%
NameCheap
3%
Name.com
3%
Namepros
32%

Sedo
2%
Afternic
1%
BrandBucket
0%
DNJournal
9%
Dynadot
5%
Escrow.com
4%
Estibot
0%
Dropping.com
0%
OtherRegistrar
2%
OtherMarketplace
2%
Namescon
2%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back