Dynadot

domains Which industry participant are you most thankful for?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
I just got email from TheDomains :

Happy Thanksgiving
to those who are celebrating the holiday today.

What company does the most to help you be successful in domaining ?

NamePros
is leading :xf.wink:

Cast your Vote & Share

Source : http://www.thedomains.com/2016/11/24/industry-participant-thankful/

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 9.36.44 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Voting namepros as @DomainSherpa is not listed, which is terrible. What Mike does for this industry is amazing.

•••
Happy gabo-gabo-gobble-gobble= Turkey yum mm.my :xf.grin:

•••
Namepros, domainsherpa, domaining.com, facebook

•••
•••
I'm thankful on all 4 of them. When I started, DNF was also active. I learned a lot there too. Bought some names themru there and sold some and made some money from those names. It's sad what happened to the forum and the owner, but I am still thankful for the platform that helped me connect with other domainers.

But since I'm here and I'm forced to compare and choose, of course I have to choose namepros first. No kidding.

•••
I notice there is no Domaining.com in there. It's an aggregate site and I think a lot of people would go to domaining.com and link to other blogs. It deserves a spot, just as Namescon does.

There are plenty of times I was scowling through domaining.com. There I see a snippet that linked to nampros. So, domaining.com is precious.

•••
•••
What's the point of a poll if you're going to allow Frank Schilling to have all his employees vote for their own company?

Screenshot.png

Cheat much? It's painfully obvious. What a disgrace.

•••
Michael posted the heatmap that proves Uniregistry has cheated:

heatmap.png

The Cayman Islands is small. Very small! Yet their heatmap is the brightest in the globe meaning it has the most votes. Most (or all) domainers located in the Cayman Islands work for Uniregistry, and that proves their spike in votes came from them.

@equity78, are you going to allow @Uniregistry and @Frank.Schilling to make a mockery of your poll?

•••
•••
I like Uni
I am Thankful for NamePros

both are the best in my Eyes

•••
Deleted domains about 10 years ago - they found me dome great names.

•••
•••
We don,t win anything if Uni or Namepros is leading

I am grateful for Namepros
I like Uni as well

•••
I like Uni as well
I'm thankful for all companies on the list including Uniregistry but that doesn't give Uni the right to screw up an industry poll. I wanted to know the real results of the poll but Uniregistry has spoiled that. Whatever.

•••
I'm thankful for all companies on the list including Uniregistry but that doesn't give Uni the right to screw up an industry poll. I wanted to know the real results of the poll but Uniregistry has spoiled that. Whatever.

maybe , maybe not

•••
Last edited:
•••
Out of the ones listed I'd go...

GoDaddy
Namepros
DNJournal
Uniregistry

Giving #1 to GoDaddy based on them dumping millions into advertising which is what this industry needs end user eyeballs being drawn in. Smart play by them with the Smartname, Afternic acquisitions to come full circle and then with advertising thrown in puts domainers domains right in the registrar path in front of end users. No better place for aftermarket sales then where the majority of end users register their domains to begin with as GoDaddy is the 800 lb gorilla in the room in terms of end user domain registrations.

Last edited:
•••
I voted for NamePros, of course, since there is no place like it for domain investors. I have also liked to see the following two listed on the survey:

NameBio.com
ExpiredDomains.net

•••
Giving #1 to GoDaddy based on them dumping millions into advertising which is what this industry needs end user eyeballs being drawn in. Smart play by them with the Smartname, Afternic acquisitions to come full circle and then with advertising thrown in puts domainers domains right in the registrar path in front of end users.
The best thing about GoDaddy is they buy domain portfolios from domainers. I dream that they'll keep doing that. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
@DomainSherpa is not listed, which is terrible. What Mike does for this industry is amazing.

You're joking, right? Do you know about the history of Adam Dicker's association with DomainSherpa? Your comment is catnip to self-proclaimed industry know-it-alls, as they work the seams of your ignorance or poor judgement.

•••
Back