Dynadot

question Which dot com domains to keep, giveaway or sell/trade expiring in May?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What would you do with betzion?

• 1st

giveaway

votes
    65.4%
  • 2nd

sell/trade

votes
    19.2%
  • 3rd (tie)

keep/hold

votes
    7.7%
  • 3rd (tie)

develop

votes
    7.7%

• 26 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

FutureBrandNames

Established Member
Impact
Which dot com domains to keep, giveaway or sell/trade expiring in May?

I could probably give them all away but that wouldn't make total sense even if they're all junk. I registered most of these last year, only for a year, with the exception of one. That is why it's decision time. I have five main questions and a poll if anyone is willing to answer them.

1. What should I expect to get for junk dot coms?
2. Is my junk really somebody's treasure?
3. If I renew some of them, where is the cheapest I can do that?
4. Thoughts about any in particular?
5. What would you do for each domain? (a. keep/hold, b. giveaway, c. sell/trade, d. forget)

All are up for renewal between May 1-15 next month, except one noted.

addresscannabis
000bank
betzion (on Namerific - needs a real logo)
botidentity
botlocate
esopcoin
mgweed (May 2021)

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks to the few people who have answered the poll so far.

•••
6 votes only? :) Come on man (and woman)

•••
+1 vote - ty :) No thoughts? Busy crowd...

•••
11 votes total - ty

This poll will close on Apr 30, 2020 at 11:45 PM.
  1. keep/hold
    1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. giveaway
    7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. sell/trade
    1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. develop
    2 vote(s)
    18.2%
So far you all want me to giveaway the only domain name I like hahahaha - Nice community! I want to hear from the 2 persons who suggested keep or sell so far and the two that voted develop. You are my type of people! To those wanting to giveaway my domain, nice try! :)

•••
I only just voted. I also voted to give them all away. By which I mean offer them up for auction stating at $1 with $1 increments, and drop any which don't sell. They are all rubbish. It's surprising to me actually. You have a very nice NP's username, which you haven't even bothered to register, and you registered all this rubbish. You'd be better of getting rid of all of those, and starting again. IMHO.

•••
That is the point. I have no desire to register Futurebrandnames but by all means go for it and hold it :) I appreciate the comment but following up with IMHO isn't really humble :) No sweat though..just improving peoples' lives one day at a time.

•••
You have a very nice NP's username, which you haven't even bothered to register, and you registered all this rubbish. You'd be better of getting rid of all of those, and starting again. IMHO.

If you read the thread below, you will see why I have no desire to register new names unless I'm building something. I have two that are current brand names and active websites too - So, ya this is the leftover junk. PM if you'd like to see the other two brands;)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/hi-everyone-im-back-to-collaborate-with-like-minded-people.1181051/

•••
That is the point. I have no desire to register Futurebrandnames but by all means go for it and hold it :) I appreciate the comment but following up with IMHO isn't really humble :) No sweat though..just improving peoples' lives one day at a time.
Why is offering an honest opinion not humble?

•••
Betzion is the best one out of your list. I would say design a nice logo for that one and see if it can sell on a brandable marketplace. The rest you should sell for a few $1 on NP

•••
Why is offering an honest opinion not humble?

Because the comment didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. If you read the original post, I believe I said I could give them all away and I referred to them as junk myself. Then patronized my username as if I haven't looked that up. All that comment did was make him feel like he contributed. I asked for it though with the slight pressure I put on the community to speak up. It worked! :) Hook line and sinker...I'm here to learn and build things not to troll. As I said all feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

•••
Betzion is the best one out of your list. I would say design a nice logo for that one and see if it can sell on a brandable marketplace. The rest you should sell for a few $1 on NP

Agreed, renew Betzion and sit on it. Bet domains are promising if you happen to have the right combo. Liquidate the rest, according to your own poll, 5.9% of your peers would keep one or several of the names.

•••
If anyone registers futurebrandnames you can have the logo I made last month :)

•••
•••
I could probably give them all away but that wouldn't make total sense even if they're all junk.
it definitely wouldn’t make sense to renew any of them either. You’d be better off putting the savings into a new and better domain. But it’s your money.
As for ‘giving them away’, doubt anyone would want them, so dropping them is the better option.
IMHO!

•••
it definitely wouldn’t make sense to renew any of them either. You’d be better off putting the savings into a new and better domain. But it’s your money.
As for ‘giving them away’, doubt anyone would want them, so dropping them is the better option.
IMHO!

Now that is being humble and contributing. Ty

•••
Namerific approved hold some value despite antiquated “perpetual” clause. You will have to fight get removed, they have a right list forever. I try avoid these type of marketplaces, but hold one Namerific name. Namerific has value tho.

Sometimes fast “yes”“no” approval not worth it
Good news, NR isnt an exclusive marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
I voted giveaway, but if it were an option I would have voted drop, at least for most of them. I'd keep betzion but otherwise I can't think of any potential end users for anything else.

•••
Namerific approved hold some value despite antiquated “perpetual” clause. You will have to fight get removed, they have a right list forever. I try avoid these type of marketplaces, but hold one Namerific name. Namerific has value tho.

Sometimes fast “yes”“no” approval not worth it
Good news, NR isnt an exclusive marketplace.

I don't see the logic behind Namerific et al, insisting on continuing to list a domain that the original lister has dropped, and at the same time not allowing the new owner to "own" that listing. It just bloats there inventory unnecessarily. And pisses off any new buyer should it ever be bought.

•••
Sounds brandable for sure, keep it.

•••
I don't see the logic behind Namerific et al, insisting on continuing to list a domain that the original lister has dropped, and at the same time not allowing the new owner to "own" that listing. It just bloats there inventory unnecessarily. And pisses off any new buyer should it ever be bought.

Thanks, I agree. Namerific didn't even make a decent logo. I made a better free logo for this namepros account! The website domain that I 'should have bought' according to the 1st post is just waiting for this logo and I really will give it to anyone that registers that domain. :)

I also don't want to flip domains. If I post betzion for sale, so any of you can do the dirty work, would it interest anyone to help me recoup some of the money I wasted while learning? I may even include the other junk for anyone to do with what they want. Thoughts?

•••
This poll will close on Apr 30, 2020 at 11:45 PM.

1. keep/hold
    2 vote(s)
    8.7%

2. giveaway
    16 vote(s)
    69.6%

3. sell/trade
    3 vote(s)
    13.0%

4. develop
    2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Total: 23 vote(s) (TY for voting, went from 11 to 23 votes. Keep doing your part at Namepros. You are all truly contributors!) IMHO :) aka IMO

•••
+1 to sell/trade - TY

I think the select few that voted for keep/hold, sell/trade and develop are the true pros here. It's clear that betzion is the best of these domains. I knew the others were junk and even betzion today is at the bottom end of brandable names. That doesn't mean in the future, 5-10 years from now, it will not be worth 10x or more based on today's value (whatever that is), or if developed, could be worth that or more in a shorter time frame with a good plan and some marketing.

Another question for any who see this.

How much do you realistically think betzion is worth today to the end user and to a domain flipper?

I want to know from experienced people not appraisal tools unless you can point me towards one that is better today than 1 year ago.

TY for taking the time to share your thoughts.

•••
+1 to sell/trade - TY

I think the select few that voted for keep/hold, sell/trade and develop are the true pros here. It's clear that betzion is the best of these domains. I knew the others were junk..
Well you should have noted in your post “you only want to hear from those opinions that agree with your assessment of the domain”.
Would have saved a lot of people from wasting their time on your poll. :rolleyes:

•••
Well you should have noted in your post “you only want to hear from those opinions that agree with your assessment of the domain”.
Would have saved a lot of people from wasting their time on your poll. :rolleyes:

lol waste of time? Did it really take that long to click a button? I appreciate you taking your time to contribute but your comment is toxic and unnecessary, so you wasted you own time. It's hard to ignore your sarcasm and childish eye-rolling. Thanks for your vote though. Here is a note for you. Keep in mind, in my polls, your vote doesn't count! Next time, don't try to contribute because you don't deserve the thanks you got. I gave it to you anyway.

In the future, when discussing these brand names, I will make sure to also note, not to pay attention to those opinions from @hawkeye despite you plastering it all over this site. That goes for anyone that wastes your own time to spew nonsense. Keep up the great work and awesome contributions. You are truly a NP legend! :ninja:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back