Dynadot

question Which domains have changed the world and How?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ro5hit

NameZeal.comTop Member
Impact
Hello All,

What I have seen that daily total recorded (or declared) sales goes nearly $100K as per Namebio with average of 170 sales per day (See here) . Every website need a domain name to exist on Internet. There are over 1.3 Billion websites that has been created till now.

What I am seeking are real stories (with proofs if available) or interviews where people have seen change in their business by using a better domain name.

My Question is

-"Can a domain name become a primary need of an online business" . If yes how?
-"Can a domain become become necessity instead option"?
- How domain names are disrupting the online world ?
- How can you justify the price of domain names especially brandable domain names
- Why people are still use "amazing" domains to redirect to main website instead of changing it.

If you say that names help a online business to rank higher in search ranking then I will say Well, I typed 100 different keywords, and out of them 95 keywords do not have keyword.com domain in their first page.

I hope, you can understand my view point, DM me if you would like to convey privately. I am looking forward to everyone viewpoint.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My opinion (and possibly unpopular on this forum) is that domain names themselves do not change the world. The content behind them can. For example, postsecret.com. That is a phenomenal site and project that has truly changed many lives (including my own). But it would have had the same impact were it branded secretpost.com (initially, when it launched, not now). The content is the key here. Not the domain name

•••
Domains are the vehicle. The brand is the engine.

•••
- Why people are still use "amazing" domains to redirect to main website instead of changing it.
Takes time..it's a lot of work to switch domains when you've got an established site. Have you ever moved (in real life)? It's one of the most stressful events in anyone's life. The same can be for a digital move. Also, I think a redirect is a good way to "test" the waters with a new name, you can see how much traffic comes from the redirect and if there's an increase over time, before making the switch or if it's even worth it.

•••
-"Can a domain name become a primary need of an online business" . If yes how?
-"Can a domain become become necessity instead option"?
- How domain names are disrupting the online world ?

A little something for curious minds.

As for keyword domains, IMO keyword domains don't rank you on any search engine.

Here's are 2 simple practical examples.
  • Try googling TAXI or CAB and you would expect TAXI.COM, OR CAB.COM to be listed on Googles 1st, 2nd, 3rd or at least 4th page. But thats not the case even though both websites are developed "I know the website content is irrelevant but that's not the point"
  • Now try searching a completely made-up word EZPZYO on any search engine. 90% of the results link back to me. My SEO level/experience = 0 and without spending a dime I rank on all search engines worldwide that's the power of brand at least for AI :woot:"I know I rank 0 by content/keyword but thats not the point". Now try to get an appraisal on domain names TAXI.COM=:greedy:/ CAB.COM=:greedy: / EZPZYO.COM = $0 :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back