IT.COM

information What Thread(s) Changed Your Life and Journey as a Domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reyginus

Established Member
Impact
In the process of becoming a professional and top level Domainer, was there any thread or threads in particular on NamePros or some other place you read that changed everything for you?

Can you recall the exact moment you knew you have become a pro? Was it more of the culmination of a process or an article opening up the domain world in a way you've never seen before? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
It's only a side business for me at the moment, but results are continuously improving, so hopefully I'll be able to consider myself pro in a few years.

These two (old) articles got me fired up on all cylinders:

Advice from top domainers

The story of Frank Schilling

•••
some other place you read that changed everything for you?

Hi

there was no single thread
it was the place, the space and the people in it....that changed my life.

making the first sale was just the second step after buying the fist name
and when one does that in a professional expedient manner, time after time again
and the process of negotiation thru transfer becomes second nature.
and, in time...those accumulative transactions, generate a reputation among peers and buyers alike..

then, you might reach pro status, from their perspective.

imo...

•••
•••
I've just joined the forum, and I think every Thread is worth learning, good or bad:xf.smile:

best wishes

•••
I'd have to go back over 20 years to some great guys that ran a uk board - They had a real love and belief in domains from the mid-nineties. Unfortunately the UK market has stayed pretty much at 1 to 5% of dotcoms overall - Glad I split my bets. I held on to far more UK's than I should have. And That has cost me.

Had around A 50 / 50 spit in holdings but a clear 4 to 1 ratio in favour of .com sales despite the best words being in co.uk - lesson learnt

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi

there was no single thread
it was the place, the space and the people in it....that changed my life.

making the first sale was just the second step after buying the fist name
and when one does that in a professional expedient manner, time after time again
and the process of negotiation thru transfer becomes second nature.
and, in time...those accumulative transactions, generate a reputation among peers and buyers alike..

then, you might reach pro status, from their perspective.

imo...
Thanks.

•••
Last edited:
•••
More contributions please.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back