NameSilo

Which domain has more value and demand?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

siddardha

Established Member
Impact
Which domains have more value and demand? Domains that do not have or have 'S' in the end?
For example
Domain.com or domains.com?

While registering both is an easy option, as domainers we tend to register regularly and it wouldn't be easy on the pocket

Which ones get demand from end users?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think normally the one without the 's' so in this case domain.com would have higher demand/value.

•••
There really is no right or wrong answer to this...

It depends on the actual word/domain. In some cases the "s" would add value and in some cases the "s" would decrease value.

In certain cases plurals would be more applicable..for example:

Shoes.com would be better than Shoe.com

MobilePhones.com
would be better than MobilePhone.com

Then the other way around:

Fire.com would be better than Fires.com

Tame.com would be better than Tames.com

I'm referring mainly to demand, because when it comes to value then you might just get a company that specifically wants SHOE.com and not SHOES.com and they may be willing to pay whatever price you ask for it. Unlikely but anything is possible.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Last edited:
•••
is this plural v singular?

note: plurals don't always end in s e.g. teeth v tooth, mice v mouse, usedrones v useddrone (es ending)

It depends with the name

Agree, in your example domain is better (without s)

A different example, useddrones in king was sold recently for 15K, the singular is still available for sale. In this case I think the plural is better than the singular. Another example, I think politics is better politic.

Maybe for brands the singular is better in most cases e.g. mint v mints

•••
There really is no right or wrong answer to this...

It depends on the actual word/domain. In some cases the "s" would add value and in some cases the "s" would decrease value.

In certain cases plurals would be more applicable..for example:

Shoes.com would be better than Shoe.com

MobilePhones.com
would be better than MobilePhone.com

Then the other way around:

Fire.com would be better than Fires.com

Tame.com would be better than Tames.com

I'm referring mainly to demand, because when it comes to value then you might just get a company that specifically wants SHOE.com and not SHOES.com and they may be willing to pay whatever price you ask for it. Unlikely but anything is possible.

Just my 2 cents ;)

is this plural v singular?

note: plurals don't always end in s e.g. teeth v tooth, mice v mouse, usedrones v useddrone (es ending)

It depends with the name

Agree, in your example domain is better (without s)

A different example, useddrones in king was sold recently for 15K, the singular is still available for sale. In this case I think the plural is better than the singular. Another example, I think politics is better politic.

Maybe for brands the singular is better in most cases e.g. mint v mints

These are good examples
I did think of the shoe vs shoes earlier

The particular case I am looking into now, has the word 'review' at the end. Which would be better

UserReview.com or UserReviews.com?

•••
These are good examples
I did think of the shoe vs shoes earlier

The particular case I am looking into now, has the word 'review' at the end. Which would be better

UserReview.com or UserReviews.com?

I would go for UserReviews.com

•••
Keyword+car vs keyword+cars which is better in this scenario

•••
Well, if you are setting up your own website the actual value doesn't matter that much. It's what you think fits your purposes better. Generally reviews are many, rather than just one, so I would probably go with UserReviews.

If you simply want to value a domain you could try estibot which will give you an idea of which has the higher value in monetary terms.

•••
Well, if you are setting up your own website the actual value doesn't matter that much. It's what you think fits your purposes better. Generally reviews are many, rather than just one, so I would probably go with UserReviews.

If you simply want to value a domain you could try estibot which will give you an idea of which has the higher value in monetary terms.

Maybe the word 'user' is influencing us to go for UserReviews.com

How about when it is Name+Review/Reviews?

•••
Maybe the word 'user' is influencing us to go for UserReviews.com

How about when it is Name+Review/Reviews?

Again, if it is for a website of yours I would probably go for NameReviews as there will be more than one review (surely?).

•••
Reviews does sound better
However Estibot shows $600 higher for the Review and around $30 for Reviews!

•••
I have one domain recently " vauns.com" what do you think about it.

•••
•••
i don't know but i think its brand able.

•••
•••
Reviews does sound better
However Estibot shows $600 higher for the Review and around $30 for Reviews!

That's because in general the word without the 's' is of more value, as has already been mentioned, but if you are building a website you might want to use the one with the 's'.

Not much more I can add to this I'm afraid.

•••
That's because in general the word without the 's' is of more value, as has already been mentioned, but if you are building a website you might want to use the one with the 's'.

Not much more I can add to this I'm afraid.

That was helpful

I have one domain recently " vauns.com" what do you think about it.

i don't know but i think its brand able.

Post it in the appraisal section

•••
For the most part domains that end in S should be associated with a product. Hats, cars, homes, pools, bikes, planes, laptops etc.....

Domains without an S for the most part but not always should be associated with a brand. Orange is a brand Oranges is not. Bike is a brand Bikes is not. Glass is a brand Glasses is not etc.......

Obviously if you throw enough money at marketing a plural name eventually can become a brand. Hotels.com is the perfect example of that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back