IT.COM

advice Where to host custom email?

NameSilo
Watch

xeroox

Established Member
Impact
Any recommendation where to host custom email? i need one solution where i can host different business mails ( different domains )

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can buy it frrom any Hosting provider, Google etc..

There are Cyber Monday deals..

You can buy a years worth for less than a dollar..@ NameCheap

•••
You can take a hosting package that allows multiple domains to be hosted and addon those domain to create multiple emails accounts.

•••
You can take a hosting package that allows multiple domains to be hosted and addon those domain to create multiple emails accounts.
Already doing this but there is deliver issue sometimes, need something more professional

•••
Already doing this but there is deliver issue sometimes, need something more professional
How many emails you are sending per hour ?

•••
•••
You can check with mightweb . They have good professional services. They also have been running a blackfriday offer. Ask their chat agent.

•••

If you are facing delivery issues then you have to check the host. They might have too many spammers on their Network. Usually with a decent host who proactively monitors their IP, you should not face this problem. Alternatively, you can opt for a dedicated ip for your account, so that only you will be responsible for the reputation of the said IP.

Most email services like Google, etc will turn out to be expensive since they bill each user separately.

•••
If you are facing delivery issues then you have to check the host. They might have too many spammers on their Network. Usually with a decent host who proactively monitors their IP, you should not face this problem. Alternatively, you can opt for a dedicated ip for your account, so that only you will be responsible for the reputation of the said IP.

Most email services like Google, etc will turn out to be expensive since they bill each user separately.
Yes, both gsuite and office are for single domain

•••
Easy choice:

$3.99 for up to 10 email accounts at Epik:

https://www.epik.com/hosting/email/

Main benefits:

- Up to 10 unique mailboxes with POP, IMAP or Webmails
- Completely PRIVATE servers and no back doors to 3 letter agencies, etc.
- Easy to upgrade if you outgrow the email hosting package
- Free unlimited email forwarding and aliases/groups

Rob

•••
Host your domain at yandex.com for free, you can create up to 1000 users free.

•••
Host your domain at yandex.com for free, you can create up to 1000 users free.

I searched this and you're right. How come it's free? Why would they offer it for free?

•••
your on a path that ive been drowning in for weeks, I will write a thread once finalized, but im still digging.

apparently a true dedicated IP , not a hand me down will need to be warmed up, so like 10k min monthly emails, which is way over us.

then there are a few major components to deliverability , IP yes, but you can confirm this with reports if its the issue, and the other main one is email content. start digging and reading, its intense.
and worse is even if your not bouncing at server you still might be just sitting in their spam folder, you wont know unless you take random guesses at your read receipt %, or take every measure possible to be using the right service in the right process. my opinion is cheap and easy will not be that. but I could be wrong.
good luck for now. if you find magic let me know please.

•••
I searched this and you're right. How come it's free? Why would they offer it for free?

Every company was doing it free until 2012 when google dropped free plan, in 2014 microsoft also dropped free hosted domain email. Yandex still offering for free.

The answer to your second question is the same in case of yahoo, gmail, outlook offering free email in exchange for nothing (but your data).

•••
I've been using Zoho for a couple of years - and it been pretty good. I really have no complaints and the cost is lowish.

•••

Amazon simple email service, or mailgun.com, or sparkpost, all have free tiers that will let you send < 10K a month, handle bounces, complaints. Mailgun takes about five minutes to setup.

If you send spam, they will ban you.

•••
I've been using Zoho for a couple of years - and it been pretty good. I really have no complaints and the cost is lowish.

Are you using MailSpring for read receipts ?
any variation of setup that you felt was benificial ?
any replies ever with *SPAM* in the subject line showing it went into their junk folder ? - this happened to me

Greatly appreciate your input.

•••
Hi @ecomslice,

Honestly, I dont really find read receipts overly valuable. They are too easy to block, & a phone call is the only way I really know if you"heard" me. I just ID a handful of potential - and run a 3 part outreach & remove any that dont respond at the end, repeat. When I do want to use a tracker, I use a gmail account.

For set up, I was pretty cheap, I just use all the checks and sets to make sure the email is completely set up and "secure" for each website. Basically, I just have it set up with a couple of emails addresses per site (e.g admin, info). The big thing is to remember to choose the email address - with 1 box (cheap plan) i have unlimited sites, but and come to one box, so making sure you are responding with the correct address is important.

I've messed a bit with the CRM, seemed a bit of a pain to set up, but useful. I would like to use it better - & there are a bunch of tools - just havent had the time to dig into - yeah 2 yrs later.

I haven't seen that SPAm thing, but I will check today and make sure, thanks.

•••
Zoho is useful if you want to use a main email, aliases don't work appropriately specifically if you want emails tracked.

I still do use it for catch all but for outbound I just register a name on either Blackrock, whois and alpnames as they all come with 2 free emails and are easy to setup.

Does anybody have idea if actual IP address affects delivery rate?

•••
YES, the email provider will impact you delivery - not really rate - but spam related block triggers. Thats why Office365, GSuite, Zoho, etc are needed. Free is usually abused

•••
Thank you kindly for your input , and yes that is my theory on going through all the trouble im battling with now, as I send out more than a few per domain, ( quality hand picked list also though ) and since the sale % is directly correlated to the open rate I just cant myself take the risk of high Spam flagging.

IP and content are of highest priority to put time into

here is a link for content list to avoid

https://www.automational.com/spam-trigger-words-to-avoid/

as for IP , a provider that will ban spammers with stricter sign up process is best it seems. good luck to all of us and WOWOWOWOW , some large 4L.COM collectiong DnameAgame ,,,, im so jelous.me
keep up the good work !!!

•••
•••
Zoho is useful if you want to use a main email, aliases don't work appropriately specifically if you want emails tracked.

I still do use it for catch all but for outbound I just register a name on either Blackrock, whois and alpnames as they all come with 2 free emails and are easy to setup.

Does anybody have idea if actual IP address affects delivery rate?

IP reputation is a real thing. To many bounces, complaints and you will have trouble making it to the in box.

•••
I use formmail.php to send mail via a lot of my website contact us forms. For me the email being used simply has to both work with formmail and send an email that appears to arrive directly from the sender so that I may simply click Reply (some email hosts end up sending these types of emails from contact forms VIA the sender not directly).

If you use Formmail and contact us forms you understand what I’m talking about.

So far I’ve found that Hostinger doesn’t work great for FormMail in that it sends the contact us emails out indirectly. Hostgator works. GoDaddy works. (But GD s*cks so avoid for other reasons.)

BTW keep in mind that formmail.pl no longer works with cpanel must use the php version.

The other technical test you might want to consider is - if you create multiple users on the same domain (e.g. [email protected] [email protected]) and use POP whether you’ll end up with multiple copies of the incoming emails when using something like MSFT Outlook if one of the emails is designated as a catch all (for cpanel this is called the default address). GoDaddy (which s*cks anyway) has a problem with this. Hostgator does not.

If you have just one account per domain and don’t use FormMail you’re fine with almost anything. Delivery issues tend to have to do with the recipient not the sender. For example Hotmail / Outlook tends to screen out incoming emails a lot if they come via the host in which case you need to use SendGrid, such as for automated registration emails being sent from a forum.

Another issue is - if you designate a catch all / default - how much spam will you receive and will spam assassin or the equivalent on your host overdo the job and screen out valid emails. You’ll want to test this too.

This is a bit of a technical post on the finer aspects of email which if you don’t use your email for contact us forms or for forums and don’t have multiple user accounts per domain, and don’t utilize catch alls / defaults you’re not going to need to understand or test any of this.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back