NameSilo

discuss Where to buy 300 domains with privacy policy for bulk pricing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to purchase 300 domains with privacy policy. My budget is about $1,500. Any idea of where to go for this?

Regards and Thanks in advance,
Sweetfranky

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The biggest benefits of Godaddy are
1. Market Share - most endusers have a godaddy account, or have no problem signing up for a godaddy account to do an account push. 60 day transfer lock becomes less of an issue. Most of my domain sales end up in someones godaddy account. Second I would say is networksolutions which most corporations seem to prefer.

2. Domain Discount Club - even without coupon codes. DDC gives you the benefits of being able to buy godaddy expiring auctions names cheaper, initial regstrations cheaper, and renewals cheaper than most competitors. Sure you pay the annual fee, but with coupon code for DDC, and a decent size portfolio, it more than pays for itself and you still come out on the better end pricewise.

3. Godaddy transfers out are QUICK. Unlike some other registrars that might take 7+ days, and again frustrate a buyer in a domain sale.

Godaddy frustrates me very often, my biggest issue is how it only occassionally remembers my default registration settings and nameservers, but the benefits now that I have paid for 3 years of DDC membership are why I am moving domains back in to godaddy. If you are a domainer, you have to have a godaddy account. Its pretty much unavoidable.

NameSilo is great. I just sold 2 domains today, and both are being transferred out of godaddy and back to an endusers godaddy account.

I also like Dynadot alot.

Godaddy, Namesilo, Dynadot and I will give uniregistry a try, but I'm probably going to end up consolidating most of my names at Godaddy for the convenience of dealing with endusers.

•••
You can also try Namebright. $8.03 for new registration with free privacy for 1year.

If you want bulk discount you may ask @Rebies.

•••
suggest not being 'penny wise, pound foolish' go for registrar with best customer features, service; and dont be shy asking for bulk discount - you dont ask, you dont get is my motto, might be surprised what discounts might be achievaable even at GD; but Uniregistry has well deserved reputation for industry leading / read: disruptive / features and infrastructure (owned/run by legendary frank schilling)

•••
I am still confused - the OP wants to buy 300 names (from other people) or hand register 300 names? Still wondering - if these 300 are just random names (not words). 300 at one time?

•••
The only thing stopping me from moving to Namebright, is the fact that it is owned by the largest operator of dropcatch cyborg terminator army on earth.

I'm grateful for Name.com's privacy coupon. But it's a bit cumbersome. You get automatic free privacy once you transfer to Name. But then, the free privacy only works till the end date of your domain reg for the current year. You will then have to purchase a renewal of privacy for the next year then apply the privacy coupon to get it for free. A bit of a hassle. But can't complain if it's free. :)

•••
I too suggest moving to NameSilo or NameBright for big portofolios.
I personally prefer NameSilo because:
1. they offer free whois privacy forever (not just for 1 year)
2. I like their API better and I need the API (OK, this is a subjective :) )

I moved about 150 domains out of GD and into NameSilo.
As far as registering 300 domain for $1.500 I'm not sure it's possible. With NameSilo it would be ~$2600.
I saw a registrar from Turkey a few weeks back that offered .com for $4.50 but I doubt they're reliable so I would not recommend them.

•••
Domainmonster offers privacy for free, and their .com pricing is about $8.99 for bulk pricing (if you reg more than 25 domains at a time).

The days of $5 dotcoms are long gone, I'm afraid.

Just hope you don't plan to do something spammy or scammy -- bulk registrations under privacy raises some serious red flags.

•••
You are welcome.

If you value your sanity and don't like beating your head against the wall, STAY AWAY FROM 1&1 !!!

Do a search...

I will second, third, 100th that....... :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back