Dynadot

discuss Where to buy 300 domains with privacy policy for bulk pricing?

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to purchase 300 domains with privacy policy. My budget is about $1,500. Any idea of where to go for this?

Regards and Thanks in advance,
Sweetfranky

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is just not possible. 300 domains with privacy for $5 each is not going to happen anywhere. You can get them at somewhere like NameSilo for about $9 each with free privacy, but 300 domains is going to cost more than $1,500. That's about the best you are going to do for domains with privacy.

•••
Wow! I didn't realize Namesilo had free privacy. Now that Godaddy Coupons are no more, and paying $9 per domain is standard; I might as well switch. Any downside to Namesilo?

•••
Wow! I didn't realize Namesilo had free privacy. Now that Godaddy Coupons are no more, and paying $9 per domain is standard; I might as well switch. Any downside to Namesilo?

Nope.. they even have the equivalent of afternic's 'fast transfer' (with SEDO) which is handy

•••
Nothing I have found yet, I haven't used them much though. They do have a real good reputation though.

•••
Free privacy at Uniregistry. With a 300+ domain portfolio, you're bound to get discounts competitive to Namesilo. Ask sales@uniregistry what they can do. :)

•••
•••
Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it.

So far, I plan on contacting:
Godaddy
1and1
internetbs.net
moniker.com
name.com
namesilo.com

I'm hoping I can at least get them for $7 a domain.

I'll be sure to update this thread to let you guys know. :D

•••
Add Uniregistry to the list as well per Davids suggestion...

Also, I don't see why it would be a bad idea to link this thread to your request.

•••
Namesilo recommended, has bulk rates and discount scheme for prepay. Looks like with 100+ domains in cart price would be $8.49 each.

Check out their migration rates - they gain ten transfers in for every transfer out so GD lost about 100k names to Namesilo:

https://www.namesilo.com/transfer_compare.php

•••

Godaddy
1and1
internetbs.net
moniker.com
name.com
namesilo.com

Just a word of caution

there's a lot of bad word around concerning 1&1.. you might want to do some research on them first
same goes for moniker... I read a lot of users are very frustrated with them.

I should note that I use neither of them, it's just what I read in the forums

•••

Godaddy
1and1
internetbs.net
moniker.com
name.com
namesilo.com

You are welcome.

If you value your sanity and don't like beating your head against the wall, STAY AWAY FROM 1&1 !!!

Do a search...

•••
Just a word of caution

there's a lot of bad word around concerning 1&1.. you might want to do some research on them first
same goes for moniker... I read a lot of users are very frustrated with them.

Never ever use 1&1 or Moniker - I escaped both and it was not easy. Seriously, having domains there means risking losing them, as well as the hassle of using systems that do not work.

•••
Never ever use 1&1 or Moniker - I escaped both and it was not easy. Seriously, having domains there means risking losing them, as well as the hassle of using systems that do not work.

I remember a few of my first domains were regged with 1&1. I immediately realised something was off when:
a. it was extremely hard and confusing to navigate on their platform
b. support was very hard to reach . I remember I couldn't get into my account for two days and there was no-one to help me
and
c. I got charged a month or two after I regged the domains(?).. that made my financial stats a total mess 'cause there was no way to find out how much I owed them and all their answers made things even more confusing.

That was quite sometime ago though and I only had 3 domains there

•••
After GD removed $1-3 coupons I see no reason to stay with them - for any new names I use Namesilo (I like the free whois privacy).
So far so good.

•••
After a year, are some of you guys going to transfer back to GoDaddy at $7.99 and sing its praises again?

•••
After a year, are some of you guys going to transfer back to GoDaddy at $7.99 and sing its praises again?

It'd take a lot more (or less) than $8 to move back to GD .

Why do that, when I can get more or less the same price at Namebright with 1 year free privacy?

\..and don't forget one more thing:
at large companies, like GD, you're talking with a random support guy that -usually- knows f. all , whereas on smaller companies you usually talk with people that actually listen to you and solve your problems on the spot.

I have never so far received any bot-like responses from either Namesilo or Namebright.. I can't say the same for GD.

•••
@Hypersot, most domainers don't want privacy, and many seek for the lowest cost.

Why I posted what I posted, is because I can foresee that the same people who decide to leave GoDaddy due to the end of $1-3 coupons, will likely be the same people who will move back to GoDaddy one year later due to their unmatched $7.99 transfer price.

@sweetfranky , the wholesale cost of .com to the registrars is $7.85 by Verisign and $0.18 by ICANN. If they were to sell them at cost to you, it will be $8.03.

Enjoy this price till November 2018, due to a price freeze in place.

•••
•••

I don't think this is going to happen, registrars pay just shy of $8 per domain to the .COM registry.

•••
If your a domainer, Uniregistry is the place to be imo.

Another benefit which is not mentioned, Uniregistry offers free two step authentication for international customers.

I have decided to move 50% of my current portfolio from Godaddy to them.

I should note Godaddy has been very good to me, amazing support and good services but I'm a fan of FS so I'm happy to send my business his way.

•••
Don't forget we interact in a thread that involves '300 domains *with* privacy'
also, Namebright charge $8.03 reg fee (plus paypal's fees) and they charge *the same* for renewals. In my book that's called low cost.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, I'm just noting :)

I've been thinking about NameBright for a while now because they really have the lowest prices but I still tend to think that GD's familiarity among end users and Afternic integration are worth the extra cents.

Edit: But yes, no privacy w/ GD.

•••
I've been thinking about NameBright for a while now because they really have the lowest prices but I still tend to think that GD's familiarity among end users and Afternic integration are worth the extra cents.

Edit: But yes, no privacy w/ GD.

True, but please note that I never said they're bad. I only said that I find what Jen-Sin said to be a bit extreme.
GD does need a bit more quality on some levels to be a de-facto in the domain business. imo.. quality support being one.

•••
Ok guys, I just sent an email to all of the companies. Let's see what happens. I'll update this thread in a day or 2 to know who I went with and who had the best deal.

Thanks again guys for all the advice. :D

•••
I'd be surprised if they even batted an eyelash at $1,500 (300 names @ $5). $5 a domain, assuming we are talking .com, is a fairly deep discount for that volume. Disregard privacy, it's free at most.

Maybe if you already had 300 names to transfer in, they could work with you, and a guarantee you wouldn't be transferring the names out come renewal time (lol).

If I was a rep, I'd look at it like this. This guy wants to register 300 names (low volume), at $5 (deep discount), all relatively at the same time. Meaning this guy is cheap (sorry lol), and will probably end up dropping half of em' come renewal anyways. Wouldn't be worth the effort.

What I'd do (if you have the budget), ask to receive a discount on renewals greater than 1 year (2 years +). That way your locked in for their sake, but your getting a discount. Then again, I don't know your end game. Maybe it's just to buy 300 as cheap as you can and try to flip em' before renewal.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back