Dynadot

question Where do you search your buyers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sab

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone!
Please could you share where do you search your buyers?
Forums? Domain platforms? Direct contact - from where?

How do you propose your domain to someone you contact first? (What words you use?)

Thank you for all shared experience and thoughts.
Sabina

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If your looking to contact prospective buyers then get on google & search keyword related to your domain & make a list of their contact info.
Also go on who.is & look up owners of similar domains to yours & contact them.

•••
Also go on who.is & look up owners of similar domains to yours & contact them.
Most of the time the domains are owned by domainers so check the similar site, if it is parked then chuck that similar domain from prospective buyer list.

•••
Thank you very much for your advices. and do you propose the price or you are waiting for their offer if interested?

•••
I do a selective pricing.
If i think the domain wont fetch much i just state the price.
Else i ask for offer or wait for there reply for "how much"

•••
Thank you very much for your advices. and do you propose the price or you are waiting for their offer if interested?

I usually don't state a price unless it's a domain i'm really keen to sell and the price is very cheap.

•••
Most of the time the domains are owned by domainers so check the similar site, if it is parked then chuck that similar domain from prospective buyer list.

Even when similar domains are owned by domainers i'd still contact them, no harm in trying.
I've sold domains within weeks of buying them to domainers who own similar domains although of course domainers mostly wont pay as high as endusers of course.

•••
Thank you!! All of these answers are really useful for me. If I could ask what do you usually write..a letter in PDF? - maybe it's too complicated ..Just a friendly proposal in mail? - maybe it's too less.. What has the best effect...If you are feeling to give me answer, would be thankful ;)

•••
•••
:lookaround: thank you for that link!

•••
Google is the best tool. Online Yellow Pages has a ton of useful information too...

•••
I send emails to whois of related domain owners

•••
As its been mentioned, Google is your best friend. Look up business directories with similar if not exact matches to your domain.

Search up end user samples here on NP, I am sure you would find many threads that can give you a fair indication of how its done.

For example, here would be a start;

https://www.namepros.com/threads/end-user-email-sample.853589/

Just remember its always in your best interest to be unique.

Good luck.

•••
Just an idea.

Maybe you can advertise on the places you believe your buyers would potential be? For example if you are selling a domain related to computers. Advertise in places where computer companies may be. Never really heard anyone talk about this type of marketing before but I think if implemented and tested, could be effective.

•••
•••
Just an idea.

Maybe you can advertise on the places you believe your buyers would potential be? For example if you are selling a domain related to computers. Advertise in places where computer companies may be. Never really heard anyone talk about this type of marketing before but I think if implemented and tested, could be effective.
me too..but I think that there is a problem about spam..forums are protected protected, emails are disturbing...etc

•••
everywhere as much possible ;)

Google,Bing, Google Geo websites like google.ca for Canada, Facebook, twitter, domainer forum like namepros etc, related domain name (whois), digital media investors, competitor company.

•••
me too..but I think that there is a problem about spam..forums are protected protected, emails are disturbing...etc

Hey Sab.

I am not referring to these forms of advertising. Those aren't very targeted. What I mean is more a more thought out marketing campaign. The issue with this is it will take $$ to test. Forums and stuff like that aren't the idea. BUT it would make sense to target forums where domain buyers hang out and run banner ads and things of that nature.

And on top of it all, you have to make sure the domain your putting advertising to the market is worth it.

•••
I usually get emails like the one below

Hello, I am contacting you to inform

that soandso(com) is available

Interested in buying it?

or

Hello,

I am sorry to come to you out of the blue.
According to my information you seem to hold a related domain name to xxxxonline(com).
Maybe you would be interested in acquiring the xxxonline(com)?

Would appreciate if you would let me know.
Thanks,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back