IT.COM

information Where do you create Logos, Images for your names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
Hi There,

so, as far as I know there are dozens of (more or less) free Logo creators out there.

I used to use freelogodesign.com / logo.com, but then switched to making it by my own (via paint.NET or paint 3D).

How do you like my work?

logo 4.png

However, very often there is no time or no big drive in creating a logo (for each name), so a logo creator is quite useful.

To date I have not published any names over at brandbucket, brandpanda or squadhelp; so, don't know how it works out there

(do you get any design choices presented, and you have to choose one from them?)

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi There,

so, as far as I know there are dozens of (more or less) free Logo creators out there.

I used to use freelogodesign.com / logo.com, but then switched to making it by my own (via paint.NET or paint 3D).

How do you like my work?

Show attachment 226457

However, very often there is no time or no big drive in creating a logo (for each name), so a logo creator is quite useful.

To date I have not published any names over at brandbucket, brandpanda or squadhelp; so, don't know how it works out there

(do you get any design choices presented, and you have to choose one from them?)

Thanks for any insight.
I think there's that user, called @subjot, who always posts his names solely as images
(due to avoid Google indexation).

I never ever used logo maker till now;
you don't need it at afternic, Dan, sedo.

So why bother?

Last edited:
•••
•••
SH, BB, and BP all create complimentary logos for premium domains listed on their platforms.

A bit more info on how it currently works at SH:
  • No, you won't be presented with choices. A designer will come up with a logo based on your guidance or their own interpretation... You can ask that designer to make some adjustments to the logo, but there's a limited window for such requests.
  • For a $5 or $10 fee, you can order a fresh logo for your premium domain at any time.
  • I believe you can order logos for your standard listings, but I think these will only be visible in your White Label Marketplace. Not sure what the applicable fee is though.
  • You can upload your own logo for your premium or standard listing. The logo has to fit SH’s dimensions and format. If it’s for a premium domain, you’ll have to get SH’s authorization first. And, if the domain sells, the logo will be transferred to the buyer at no cost to them.
  • Every year, SH offers set numbers of free logo redesigns to sellers in their silver, gold, and platinum tiers.
  • If receiving an array of logo options is super important, you can also choose to run a logo design contest on SH. This is obviously not a practical option for an entire portfolio, but it could be something to consider for one (necessarily high-value) name.

For self-generated promo visuals etc., Canva and a host of other free tools work well for me.

•••
Dead site but for text i like cooltext.com if you like tools check out my sites.

Last edited:
•••
<-------- I use same software from 90s to make my images psp4 lol i still love it as generally takes me least time all depends if want layers.

Last edited:
•••
<-------- I use same software from 90s to make my images psp4 lol i still love it as generally takes me least time all depends if want layers.
yeah, right.

I think paint.NET is quite the easiest, when it comes to do a little more advanced work,
at least to me.

•••
Even though I'm not dealing with mass logo/images creation, for (modest) needs of own landing pages and other stuff, the following software works perfectly: Affinity Designer ( https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/ ).

Pros:
- one time fee (it is downloadable), no subscription and it works offline.
- works with vector graphics, so no issues with saving in .svg format.
- easy and intuitive.
Cons:
- does not yet support saving in modern .avif or .webp image formats, so other tools are needed for this

Last edited:
•••
yeah, right.

I think paint.NET is quite the easiest, when it comes to do a little more advanced work,
at least to me.
I been using psp since day one went all the way up till sold off had Jasc / coral versions adobe photoshop etc just like what i like. Really small install tiny 3.5mb

Last edited:
•••
I always wished i could find a logo maker that does your custom 3d free but it is all one image only.

•••
You can use FreePik.com to download PSD logo templates.
And use PhotoPea.com to edit them and save them.

•••
Ai will probably take over logo market.

•••
I use Wordmark.com or logo.wordmark.com directly:

1. Choose a background;
2. Choose a font;
3. Download your logo image.

A few minutes of work. Or download the font files and use them for your designs in Photoshop.

Basically, you can use any font library that allows you to download the result.

•••
@tonyk2000 - I've been using serif products for about 20 years. I have the latest version of Affinity and its my go to for professional industry standard design.

It gives Aobe a run for its money at a fraction of the cost.

I always create unique logos from scratch so I can retain all copyrights.

What many fail to realize is that 99.9% of free logo makers offer the same designs to everyone. That's hundreds of people using the same design, making it a potential legal issue if anyone tries to trademark them, since they are not original works.

On top of that, just about all clipart/stock licenses clearly state the original designer or company offering the design retain copyrights.

Illustrating from scratch is safer for the seller and the end user who may want to trademark their brand some day without any legal issues.

I like to ensure my clients safety and protected copyrights.

In my opinion anyways.

Last edited:
•••
@tonyk2000 - I've been using serif products for about 20 years. I have the latest version of Affinity and its my go to for professional industry standard design.

What many fail to realize is that 99.9% of free logo makers offer the same designs to everyone. That's hundreds of people using the same design, making it a potential legal issue if anyone tries to trademark them, since they are not original works.

On top of that, just about all clipart/stock licenses clearly state the original designer or company offering the design retain copyrights.

Illustrating from scratch is safer for the seller and the end user who may want to trademark their brand some day without any legal issues.

In my opinion anyways.
thx for great insight.

•••
SH, BB, and BP all create complimentary logos for premium domains listed on their platforms.

A bit more info on how it currently works at SH:
  • No, you won't be presented with choices. A designer will come up with a logo based on your guidance or their own interpretation... You can ask that designer to make some adjustments to the logo, but there's a limited window for such requests.
  • For a $5 or $10 fee, you can order a fresh logo for your premium domain at any time.
  • I believe you can order logos for your standard listings, but I think these will only be visible in your White Label Marketplace. Not sure what the applicable fee is though.
  • You can upload your own logo for your premium or standard listing. The logo has to fit SH’s dimensions and format. If it’s for a premium domain, you’ll have to get SH’s authorization first. And, if the domain sells, the logo will be transferred to the buyer at no cost to them.
  • Every year, SH offers set numbers of free logo redesigns to sellers in their silver, gold, and platinum tiers.
  • If receiving an array of logo options is super important, you can also choose to run a logo design contest on SH. This is obviously not a practical option for an entire portfolio, but it could be something to consider for one (necessarily high-value) name.

For self-generated promo visuals etc., Canva and a host of other free tools work well for me.
I had to pay for brandpa, are they now doing them for free?

•••
Hi There,

How do you like my work?

Show attachment 226457

Thanks for any insight.
I originally tried adobe free logo maker and it was not very good, but did a job. I then tried canva free logo maker and it was much better. See below

apocalypse supplies.png

Done on adobe logo maker - fun and makes a point, but doesnt look very professional.

faretu logo.png

Done on canva. Looks like a logo you could actually use on a site

•••
I originally tried adobe free logo maker and it was not very good, but did a job. I then tried canva free logo maker and it was much better. See below

Show attachment 226557
Done on adobe logo maker - fun and makes a point, but doesnt look very professional.

Show attachment 226558
Done on canva. Looks like a logo you could actually use on a site
Looks great (y)

I tried canva out one time, but never in such a way (trial ended).

•••
Looks great (y)

I tried canva out one time, but never in such a way (trial ended).
I only use the free version of canva, I would never pay for it!

•••
I had to pay for brandpa, are they now doing them for free?

When I used BP, there was an $8 listing fee that also covered a "free" logo. I think what applies now is the option to list for free and pay for a logo, or list for $5 and get a free logo.

•••
•••
SquadHelp will do them for $5. You just add them to the standard marketplace and request from there.

And yes, they do it for free if they accept your name into their premium marketplace.

•••
I use the NameCheap logo maker here:

https://www.namecheap.com/logo-maker/

It is pretty basic but is very quick and easy and provides a good visualization to potential buyers.
Wow, Namecheap's been one of my favorite registrars for so long and I never even knew they had a free logo maker lol. Thanks for mentioning it! :)

Last edited:
•••
•••

In my opinion anyways.
I use canva logos on my sites. I realised that a million people will have the same. I cant actually believe there are people who claim to be professional logo designers who use it (and you can tell a canva logo a mile off once you have used it for a while). I put on all my listings that logo is for illustration only. I dont sell it with the domain.

•••
Back