Domain Empire

discuss Where .com is Not King

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ixex

Final ProductTop Member
Impact
Where in the world is .com not king?

Where that other extensions are more popular, accepted, etc.?

Any other heavy rival extensions in the world regions, demographics, other than ccltds?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think in Italy and Turkey .net is comparable to .com but I'm not sure.

In UK, if people don't prefer .com, then they should drop .co in their .co.uk, but they don't. It is like Germans preferring .co.de to .de. Very strange.

In Russia, I suspect .biz and .pro are more popular compared to other countries.

Can .biz replace .com after corona?

"In Russia, I suspect .biz and .pro are more popular compared to other countries."

Interesting

•••
Don't know where but for me .com is not king.

Here is the last 28 days performance of my autopilot website which I build on .pw domain. Yeah you read it clearly. It's a .PW domain beating many of its .com competitors in Google search.
Show attachment 151994

Ps:- I am domainer too, so I always tell my customer .com is king 😝
LOL Wow!

•••
the OP said excluding ccTLDs and the thread turned to be exclusively about ccTLDs discussion lol

If we exclude ccTLDs then .com will almost always be king except in some few situations like:
  • .org for non-profit & NGOs is much better than .com
  • .edu for educational institutions
  • .gov for governmental institutions
  • clever domain hacks like these ending with ly
  • url shortners
Thanks, but thats ok..it never came to me, the extent of detail of education and information about ccTLDs would come out of this for these types of domain extensions rivaling (versus) the .com LOL

Also thanks for your list. This list references USA activity more specifically correct?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Don't know where but for me .com is not king.

Here is the last 28 days performance of my autopilot website which I build on .pw domain. Yeah you read it clearly. It's a .PW domain beating many of its .com competitors in Google search.
Show attachment 151994
This BS extension didn’t increase your traffic. I’m sure there are plenty of people on warrior forum who can beat many coms on whatever extension you give them.

•••
This BS extension didn’t increase your traffic. I’m sure there are plenty of people on warrior forum who can beat many coms on whatever extension you give them.
Thanks for letting me know about Warrior Forum

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back