IT.COM

When did you start in the domain business?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brian Krassenstein

Account Closed
Impact
When did you all start investing and trading in domain names? What got you started?

Brian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
8 months ago....but i wasn't in it too much..i sold some good domain names and i'm pleased...but more i'm in web designing and development

•••
About a year ago..started as myself wanting a business, but it branched off into this..

•••
•••
Never... I bought some and am trying to sell them but other than that.. I don't really care much for the domain business.

•••
I started investing in domains about 1 year ago.

•••
August 2007, can't remember why I really started :)
First domain I ever bought was in January 2007, but it was for development purposes...

•••
i started on october 2007
i bought some mobi's and after i bought dot com

•••
Sometime in '99.

I wanted to "make money online"... Took me almost a decade to realize that goal but happy to say I do make money online today :tu:

•••
I started domaining when I was a junior high student because of seeing the business.com sale,
for now I am already a university student. :)

•••
Brian Krassenstein said:
When did you all start investing and trading in domain names? What got you started?
Jun 2004, NamePros :hehe:

•••
nice to share. just start on jan 2008. :) now in profit. Thanks NamePros! i learned much thing. :gl:

•••
My first domain comes from 2000 or so, but privately it wasn't until Mid 2006.

Now I'm a DomainahoLLLLic :p

•••
Just started in October last year. Before that I only bought domains for personnel use and never heard of domain flipping. I needed some money to start a website and stumbled on a story on how someone makes money investing in domains and then flipping them. So, I went ahead and registered a domain for $ 4.95 and sold it one week later for $ 30.00 based on a few emails. Since, then I was hooked on domains.

•••
i started in 2002 and i am happy with it

•••
I started in mid-2004 by registering a domain and selling a website, but I started domaining to buy and sell in December 2005.

•••
I owned some domains for a while now but heavily got into the game back in like Nov 07 when i found this forum.

•••
Just like Sandi said,

May 2007, Namepros! :tu:

Now I just wish I had gotten into it a lot earlier

•••
I started back in 1995.

Why:
At that time I was living in Sao Paulo (Brazil),
and at night there where soooo much gunfights
outside my house, that I wasn't interested very much to go out.
I got tired to play "Age of Empires" in the www, and found the "Domain Game" although it was a whooping 70$ per play in those times.
(Since then domains are my favorite online game, and source of living).

•••
January 2007. I need to do my accounts tomorrow (just for personal use)... joy :P

•••
nRnF said:
I started back in 1995.

Why:
At that time I was living in Sao Paulo (Brazil),
and at night there where soooo much gunfights
outside my house, that I wasn't interested very much to go out.
I got tired to play "Age of Empires" in the www, and found the "Domain Game" although it was a whooping 70$ per play in those times.
(Since then domains are my favorite online game, and source of living).

nRnF, I started in 1995 also .

But you are incorrect about the price. It was $100. It would have only been $70 if you had started in 1997. :)

What month did you start? I started August 1995.

•••
It was back in 1980 on a cold winters eve when I got the call from my buddy AL
he told me about this thing called the internet he just invented and I been hooked ever since.

•••
2 years ago a friend started work at a domain register , he told me how some people make money from 'typo's' but i never regged any , i thought better to try and reg a new name that could grow ???? example.. hirerobot.com , just starting to get the hang of it i think ? only purchased a few names , most are still hand regged

I think this is a great way to invest and a great hobby !

•••
deet said:
It was back in 1980 on a cold winters eve when I got the call from my buddy AL
he told me about this thing called the internet he just invented and I been hooked ever since.

LOL - Ya' gotta love that crazy Al. But seriously, if you ask Vint Cerf he has nothing but praise for Gore who was pushing its commercial use in 1975. Everyone thought he was nuts back then too.

There was some guy on one of these threads not to long ago, or was it somewhere else, that started before the Web existed back in 1985, but he said he missed the whole .com gravy train. He did however buy Heel,com b/c it was his last name and now he is developing it as a woman's shoe site.

Hilarious, how things work out sometimes.

•••
I stated in February 2007.

Thanxs NamePros, Because, I learned much thing..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back