Dynadot

discuss When did you start domaining? And where you stand now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AuctionBio

Top Member
Impact
Hi All

Hope every body will be doing fine.

If you please can share that when
did you start domaining? and
where you stand now, do you find any difference in your approach in domaining from first day to date?
Your replies will of-course benifit some new domainers as well?

First I should reply i think, I just started about 5 to 6 months back, and its been a good learning curve, and with out any doubt NP stands tall in this learning curve. Now looking for you kind sharing so that it will benefit me as well

Thanks in Advance
Abbas!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I started in 2006, soon realized that I suck at it and stopped completely.

And then at the end of 2014 I discovered Godaddy $1 coupons :xf.grin:

Overall I still consider myself a newbie.

Since then I bought ~3200 names, sold 1200, made around $10,000 (pure profit), still need $2,600 to beak even (sell every name I have for less than $2).

Live's good :xf.grin:

•••
I started in 1997 and then I stopped it in 1999 or 2000, when I totally got focused on hotel booking in Thailand. Yeah, crazy stupid to not continue with both!

Then I took it up again in 2013, when I was able to sell a few of my old names via an e-mail request. And here we are... I am a stubborn "old" guy, so this time I'll not give up easy.

•••
I started in 1997 and then I stopped it in 1999 or 2000, when I totally got focused on hotel booking in Thailand. Yeah, crazy stupid to not continue with both!

Then I took it up again in 2013, when I was able to sell a few of my old names via an e-mail request. And here we are... I am a stubborn "old" guy, so this time I'll not give up easy.
Yes if you are doing pretty good, than you should not leave it, I am becoming addicted to it a bit. but its not an easy job as I thought.

•••
Started 7 months ago made plenty of sales and recently sold a domain for mid 4 figures.

•••
Started 7 months ago made plenty of sales and recently sold a domain for mid 4 figures.
Great start man, I think I got to learn many things from you. Best of luck...

•••
I started about at the time when .top becomes available.

•••
•••
•••
@biggie , you're a machine! Thank you mate.

•••
•••
Hello I started in 2012 with one .com and now I have about 6 domains, and I have helped out many people build websites. It is nice talking to everyone

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back