Dynadot

When did you register your first domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

When did you register your first domain?

What year? Why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
2006-2007. I wanted to build a website. :)

•••
Thanks for your answer!

For me it was 1998. I needed two domains for two small projects that I started back then. I still own both names and one of them (the website, not the domain itself) has been my major income since then.

•••
Jan 1st 1995, my birthdate here, it's when I left my cozy retirement and went back to work.

After selling numerous software companies over 3 decades I founded I was quite happy golfing and going to dinner with gorgeous young girls in my private limo or one of my exotics.

Then New Years eve 12/31/1994 as I was partying on the 8th Floor niteclub on the River in Philly, since I was in town visiting family in the area, some guys I knew from back in the day were there and we start rapping, so what you doing, I'm retired again golfing in my home in SFL, sold my 3rd software company to investors, I need a break.

What you doing I ask them, DOMAIN NAMES, WWW

I say come on we all had email addresses back in the think tank days in the 1970's, how you going to monetize that lousy slow speed network, it's fragile as all heck.

So we start rapping and the next day I go to network solutions and grab 1,000 keywords .com

Then I went back to SFL and played golf for lots of years until the rest of the world caught up with me...

•••
Mine was at the end of 1995 or beginning of 1996. I bought it for a business.

Too bad there were no discount codes back then. It was reg'd at NetSol.

•••
My first was in 1995 when I was using webtv and I got a letter from and attorney saying you can't do that so I freaked and handed it over. I probably had a few others but can't remember, let them drop.

I started again in 1998 and reged a domain and lost it in a UDRP, never thought it was fair but had some big money taking me on and I didn't want to spend what it would take to fight it. If it were today I would fight it.

I owned the name long before the company even existed, years.

I guess my oldest now is my business domain and it was reged in 1999.

Honestly I used webtv for years and didn't really get into computers until 1998, or 1999 somewhere around then. :xf.smile:

•••
Old timers! :xf.wink:

I only wish I had registered some names in 1995.

January 1999 here, if memory serves. Why? Why not!?

•••
My first was in 1995 when I was using webtv and I got a letter from and attorney saying you can't do that so I freaked and handed it over. I probably had a few others but can't remember, let them drop.

I started again in 1998 and reged a domain and lost it in a UDRP, never thought it was fair but had some big money taking me on and I didn't want to spend what it would take to fight it. If it were today I would fight it.

I owned the name long before the company even existed, years.

I guess my oldest now is my business domain and it was reged in 1999.

Honestly I used webtv for years and didn't really get into computers until 1998, or 1999 somewhere around then. :xf.smile:
I remember webtv! They had the best chatrooms! My first reg was early last year for a business 1UpPerformance selling high performance engine parts and accessories. It didn't pan out and i just kept buying names.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I remember webtv! They had the best chatrooms! My first reg was early last year for a business 1UpPerformance selling high performance engine parts and accessories. It didn't pan out and i just kept buying names.
Ah yeah the chatrooms, I used to live in the #webtvtech room. Remember all the different IRC modules?

Regged my first domain using Webtv in 1998.

Yesterday :xf.grin:
Now that's awesome :)

•••
Wanna say it was 2003 or something like that.

•••

I was on a writer's forum, and someone noted that writers should register their own full names, so I did. It sat fallow until 2004, when I decided to create a page to promote a book I published.

I'm no great webmaster even now, but here is my first webpage, done on Yahoo's ridiculous website tools.

All those links are deader than a doornail.

:)

•••
I have registered my first domain name in Jule 2005, it was e-telefonie.de (in English eTelephony). It was purely for resale. I wish I would have registered more .de domain names at this time.

•••
•••
2010 when I start know about internet marketing

•••
Registered the domain in 2004 and develop it as content website. Entered in domain business in April last year.

•••

I was on a writer's forum, and someone noted that writers should register their own full names, so I did. It sat fallow until 2004, when I decided to create a page to promote a book I published.

I'm no great webmaster even now, but here is my first webpage, done on Yahoo's ridiculous website tools.

All those links are deader than a doornail.

:)

Looks like it would fit nicely on a mobile device. You were ahead of your time in web design !

and 1999 for me.

•••
Looks like it would fit nicely on a mobile device. You were ahead of your time in web design !

and 1999 for me.

Let's domain and develop like it's 2001 (but without the prices).

Retro page...

Those borders are wild. In the tools, the borders were short, and you had to extend them with your mouse.

Crazy!

•••
June 2015, for domaining business. I started some blogs in 2013, one is still alive making me $50 every month but it is on blogspot.com and I don't care to make it .com :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back