NameSilo

What's your best way to make a sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SoPH

Impact
Hi,
I have some domains that I purchased on Godaddy and I'm a bit confused about how I can increase my chances on selling them.
I'm using Godaddy auctions, and they are also listed on DAN.

What's working for you best?
I appreciate your feedback and insights.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Listing with BIN price on Afternic and waiting for the Congratulations email.

Last edited:
•••
Lust the domains back to the same platform you bought from....so another buyer like you will buy them.....

•••
Outbounding & reseller prices (not together obviously)

•••
The best way to increase odds of selling something, is only sell things that are actually valuable. If your domain name sucks, don't waste time even trying. Most common issue is people think their domain is the best thing in the last 10 years, but if you ask 20 random people, all agree it sucks.

•••
Quality+Distribution
All of my domains are listed at Afternic, Dan, Sedo, Dynadot marketplace, Atom white label, etc...
Take your lower end names 1-5k and price them and get them into the MLS distribution networks of Sedo/Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
The best way to make a sale is to understand your customer's needs, show them how your product or service solves their problem, build trust, and provide excellent customer service. Listening to their concerns and offering a solution that fits their needs is key to closing a sale successfully.

•••
•••
Listing with BIN price on Afternic and waiting for the Congratulations email.
I know this answer will be closer to it depends, but realistically how much time to sell more expensive verses cheaper domains. So $100 dollar range up to 1k-10k range. Would it be normal for me to wait a year before a buyer makes a BIN offer, on a more expensive one, or am I underperforming as a domainer ?

•••
I know this answer will be closer to it depends, but realistically how much time to sell more expensive verses cheaper domains. So $100 dollar range up to 1k-10k range. Would it be normal for me to wait a year before a buyer makes a BIN offer, on a more expensive one, or am I underperforming as a domainer ?
if you have have good-quality domains, and have priced to sell to end users (which you should), expect to sell 1-2% of your domains per year.

Selling your domains cheaper will of course bring up your sell-through-rate (STR), but probably not your profitability.

•••
Would it be normal for me to wait a year before a buyer makes a BIN offer
In general, you must have enough patience to wait years, not months.

•••
Depend on your luck is good or bad.

•••
•••
Decent quality domains + time is the magic formula.

Outside outbound, there is not much else you can do to make sales happen faster.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Decent quality domains + time is the magic formula.

Outside outbound, there is not much else you can do to make sales happen faster.
Pricing in the sweet spot also helps a lot. Don't try to always go for the top prize for every domain. Try to achieve optimal results. Make sure you have a good turnover rate and continuous cash flow. (You also emphasize this often, but it should not go unmentioned in this context.)

•••
Pricing in the sweet spot also helps a lot. Don't try to always go for the top prize for every domain. Try to achieve optimal results. Make sure you have a good turnover rate and continuous cash flow. (You also emphasize this often, but it should not go unmentioned in this context.)
Yeah, pricing really matters.

Buy, sell, reinvest, repeat. It scales over time.

Not every sale needs to be a homerun. You can build a strong business with singles and doubles as well.

Brad

•••
There is no best way to make a sale.
If you have best names you will make a sale.

•••
There is no best way to make a sale.
If you have best names you will make a sale.
The discussion is more about which variables you can work on to improve sales, optimize your income stream, or any other goal you have.

Let's take yourself as an example. Every day you promote your domains in the NamePros sales thread. That is the way, or variable if you will, that you choose to increase your chances of success.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back