IT.COM

What's up with GoDaddy's currency options?

NameSilo
Watch
I logged in to my GoDaddy account (of almost 15 years standing) today and hand registered a new domain. To my surprise, the checkout cart was showing my purchase in European Euros and not my standard Canadian dollars. I went to my account settings and checked the currency selected and it did show Canadian dollars. Back to the checkout cart and it was still showing Euros. I didn't want to empty the cart and possibly lose the domain, so I reluctantly completed the purchase in Euros.

Then I went back to the account settings which now showed Euros as the currency selected. I have NEVER selected Euros as a currency BTW. So now I changed it back to Canadian dollars again... Do I seriously have to go through this currency issue now on every GoDaddy purchase?? Has anyone else had this issue?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This currency thing is usually an on the fly, problem. Usually nothing to do with your account settings. If you see it when trying to pay for something. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you can reset your currency. I'm not an internet techie which can explain why this quirk happens, but that's the solution to the problem. Probably a setting GoDaddy have for you got wiped away. This can happen if you are using a VPN from the country of the changed currency. For example.

GoDaddy is a complete mess these days. Yesterday, it took 3 attempts for a simple push to get the domain in my account, over 2 days and hours of repetition by the buyer and seller.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back