NameSilo

Whats this mean?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sup all.

I changed my DNS setting for a domain I have at GoDaddy.com and am trying to set up my website to accept the domain once it is forwards and am getting this message (which Ive never seen before):

Cannot determine nameserver ip for led.cc. Please make sure that it is registered with a valid domain name register

any ideas what this means and how to fix it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nameserver issues?

If you just want to forward a domain to a site you have hosted with someone else besides godaddy, you may do so by logging on to godaddy, going to Manage Domains, and then clicking on the Forward Domains icon and following the directions.

On the other hand, if you want to point your domain to your website, then you have to log on to you web site hosting account (not godaddy), and find where it says to add a service. Most hosting companies charge about $10 to add a name, and it usually takes a day or two for them to do so. After the wait, you can go back into your godaddy account and change the nameserver settings (not the forwarding option) from godaddy's PARK19.SECURESERVER.NET to your hosting company's. Make sure you use at least two of their nameservers. I think ICANN requires two. Anyway, it may take a day for everything to work. Good luck.

•••
LeeRyder said:
Sup all.

I changed my DNS setting for a domain I have at GoDaddy.com and am trying to set up my website to accept the domain once it is forwards and am getting this message (which Ive never seen before):

Cannot determine nameserver ip for led.cc. Please make sure that it is registered with a valid domain name register

any ideas what this means and how to fix it?

It sounds like you've designated led.cc as your nameserver on your host account. Most likely, you've not registered that as your name server of your domain (ie. ns1.led.cc) since you actually mentioned "forwarding" your domain instead of using your domain as your nameserver which is normally done by adding two third level domains as nameservers, thus making your domain iteself the domainserver which would replace godaddy nameservers. When designating nameservers of your own domain, you need to tell what IP they are located on. If your host gives you custom nameservers, they will give you two IP's to designate your names to point to.

•••
no no..lol, ok my bad in my wording here.
I changed my DNS to ns61.sabre-hosting and ns62 (both are correct) but Im getting that message :(

•••
ok, in the event someone else ever stumbles on this thread looking for answers...

turns out that the cpanel add-on thing wasn't updating the IP range to include this domain, so it is a server side issue to be dealt with by your host :)

•••
fzzzt..... its been fixed now Lee :)

Sorry for any inconvienience..... and good luck with your new site :tu:

•••
*whistles*

I didnt mention any names :P

•••
LeeRyder said:
no no..lol, ok my bad in my wording here.
I changed my DNS to ns61.sabre-hosting and ns62 (both are correct) but Im getting that message :(

*cough cough* ;)

i think your computer hates you mate ;)

•••
:lol:
Sabre Hosting said:
*cough cough* ;)

i think your computer hates you mate ;)

:lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back