Dynadot

question What's the value of LLLL.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
What are the key INDICATORS of value in non-acronym abbreviation LLLL .com names? (randomly selected kkdh.com iwqp.com pqwm.com zxlp.com). I see wildly differing prices some starting only $ 99 on Namepros auctions and https://shortnames.com/llll on up to five digits sales https://namebio.com/. I'm a newbie so please withstand the urge to scold basic questions. I'm interested in adding some LLLL .com names to my portfolio but needs to be careful because even $ 99 is a lot of money to me right now. Cheers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
whelp... just snag a LLLL.com for $575.. The most expensive domain i have ever purchased.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
@Reddstagg I understand what you are saying but I don't think the "bangwagon has left the station" otoi.com tkgl.com mrem.com bzgs.com kvds.com yolb.com lodj.com fcak.com jwct.com dmkp.com fzbt.com zpfp.com qnmi.com pnyk.com hjix.com avdw.com yaqz.com bwkv.com all sold YESTERDAY reported at https://namebio.com/ prices ranging from $ 156 to $ 1526. Total spend $ 8576 average spend $ 476.

Last edited:
•••
My opinion based on observations

random letters especially if they contain letters x z j v q (maybe others) under 200

Real words like Cows Dogs Kite Dive 50k + (50k being the real low)

Pronounceables that don't mean anything to most people that pass the radio check like Flim Lenk 2k+

Pronounceables that don't pass the radio check Fylo Noby 600 +

4L's that end with I or C (inc / corp) that have a good first 3 letter combo can be more valuable depending how many companies can use it.

4L's that are the letters of a popular acronym are also more valuable.

If 99 is a lot for you avoid 4l's, a person is better off saving up for one good 4l than have a lot of meaningless 4l's.

Think about the buyers? How will they find you? With a domain that has a keyword maybe it will come up when they search godaddy or when they type it in, but with a random 4l you need to be real lucky someone even wants it.

The wholesale 4l market for meaningless names has not increased in years.

The price of pronounceable 4ls that pass the radio check and obviously 4l's with a real meaning continue to appreciate fast.

I'm only 55 years old. Could you please explain what a radio is. I've never heard of one or seen one in the wild lol.

•••
@Reddstagg I don't mean to be rude at all mate but I'm not a hobbyist. This is a serious post about investing in LLLL.com names. I need to make mortgage payments.

Last edited:
•••
@Compassion I have also looked at the LLL com market mate. 17576 options If google is not mistaken. The name bio website says 189 LLL com deals since 2018 only three were under the $ 10000. Last month amq.com went for $ 30000, jfx.com went for $ 43500, pee.com :wtf: went for $ 39900 Most transpired from sedo. I think LLL com is a game only played at the top table whence I'm dabbling my digits in LLLL com.

Last edited:
•••
•••
they really like double letters and triple letters.

•••
•••
@Zilla Thanks mate. I found an old thread by @DN.com about CHIP names https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-identify-premium-llll-com-domains.921152/.

"The CHIPs.
I believe many of you have already heard this term before. The CHIPs is short for Chinese Initial Pinyin domain names, which refer to the letters except A, E, I,O, U, V. Usually it is hard to find a proper meaning for a domain name combined with four non-CHIP letters. Therefore, there forms a big gap in price between CHIPs and non-CHIPs LLLL.com domain names."

•••
@HotKey What is Western Premium/Chip Classification? Cheers.

•••
•••
@Reddstagg do you own any LLLL.com names?

No. Don't see a need for them. Don't even know where I'd start to market any of them. Way too complicated. I have hyphenated 3 and 4 letter domain names which are actual top shelf dictionary words which I can see immediately where I could market them. Time will tell I guess and the thing to remember is it is just one opinion and it is your money so if you feel that you should then you should.

•••
A 4L/4N can range from 100 dollars up to 1.5m

•••
Those are dictionary words/names and, thus, are a category in itself.

4Ls for the purposes of this discussion should be the ones that are not words (English, or top words from popular languages like German, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Turkish etc.).

While Y can be great in certain positions and combos, compared to other true premium letters, it limits the possibilities and options.

A 4L domain is limited..it can be an abbreviation, if you are lucky it may be pronounceable or even a word ...

For someone to exclude a letter from a 4 letter domain is funny to me

•••
Those are dictionary words/names and, thus, are a category in itself.

4Ls for the purposes of this discussion should be the ones that are not words (English, or top words from popular languages like German, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Turkish etc.).

While Y can be great in certain positions and combos, compared to other true premium letters, it limits the possibilities and options.

Not in America.
In America, i place that letter premium.

Dont care “Chinese” Kool-Aid premium rules.
Oh idk “Chinese premium” barely value...
This is the WEST. Which reminds me...
doesnt mean “Western premium” much better, but i read somewhere “Western premium” are more likely to be acronyms for West company — and vice versa for Chinese (idk about Sorry)
The current 👑 CVCV.com wow, automatic,
“Universal pronounceable” cvcv go for most lol

Old, but timeless DomainSherpa LLLL.com link
https://www.domainsherpa.com/domain-name-dictionary/llll/

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back