IT.COM

What's the percentage of reseller accounts for you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'd like to ask people who are related with hosting provider or are hosting provider for how much reseller account orders do the receive lately?

According to our data the amount is stably decreasing.

What is the reason for this? Is it a temporary effect, or a tendency for future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reselling is decreasing. Sometimes we think this direction goes down to nihil

•••
One reason behind this is that there is a lack of understand about reseller hosting people don't know how to manage reseller account what to offer and how to get benefited?

•••
I think that our demand for reseller accounts is still growing quite steadily

•••
The world of web hosting is very competitive, and new reseller hosts will have a long struggle to beat off the market's giant fishes. But most of the people want success in short time of span, which is definitely not possible with web hosting business. I think this is the main reason that percentage of reseller accounts reducing...

•••
From what I see reseller accounts are slowly getting used less often and Alpha and Master reseller accounts are getting used more often.

Personally I would not host Alpha or Master reseller accounts because IMO they just end up "trashing" the server.

•••
But most of the people want success in short time of span, which is definitely not possible with web hosting business.

Sure. I also think the variety of online business types makes the hosting industry losing its positions, especially in the reseller area.

•••
For a while the VPS market started taking a nice increase in popularity and sales. While I've noticed reseller sales going down over time, VPS sales were on the rise. It seams like both have leveled out recently and I think this could be due to the economy. People are trying to cut costs anyway they can these days.

•••
To become a successful reseller web host, one should must focus on profession first and then think about reseller hosting business. IMO, reseller hosting business is a good option for only website developers and designers.

•••
To become a successful reseller web host, one should must focus on profession first and then think about reseller hosting business. IMO, reseller hosting business is a good option for only website developers and designers.

Since there are many other alternatives which are not requiring too many skills and experience as the reseller business, I believe here is the reason of decreasing of this segment at hosts.

•••
Thanks for the replies. So the reason is, I think, in the vast variety of alternative business direction where it is not so hard to keep competitive abilities...

Suppose also, to become more successful reseller it is more reasonable to get own dedicated server (at least the only one) because usual reseller accounts are not that performative and stable. Theoretically.

•••
Suppose also, to become more successful reseller it is more reasonable to get own dedicated server (at least the only one) because usual reseller accounts are not that performative and stable. Theoretically.

Yes you are right, but reseller should have to ensure that he/she can afford the dedicated server. Also reseller need to make whether clients are paying regularly or not, otherwise reseller will face a big trouble....Also reseller need to be concentrating on prices; and prices is for reseller to decide, not clients or prospective clients. Everyone will say that they want the affordable prices, but I would like to say, its your business, they are your servers and you know what your time is worth. So you only can decide on resource and prices.

•••
We focus on rtmp streaming hosting niche and mostly for our software clients.
We only offer premium shared plans with dedicated ips and dedicated servers.

We received few to none requests for reseller plans. Most clients have one video streaming site. Some have few but addon domains is enough for them.

People used to get reseller hosting when search engine algorithms were not filtering bulk clone sites. Having 10-100 similar retail sites on different keywords in domain was productive. Now it isn't anymore.

•••
@ VideoWhisper.com

Well well well!! I don't understand what point you are trying to denote...I think it's totally irrelevant to the topic.....

People used to get reseller hosting when search engine algorithms were not filtering bulk clone sites.

It's been over year now, but I never saw this kind of comment for reseller hosting. Are you sure about the information that you have been provided?

•••
I'd like to ask people who are related with hosting provider or are hosting provider for how much reseller account orders do the receive lately?

According to our data the amount is stably decreasing.

What is the reason for this? Is it a temporary effect, or a tendency for future?

Hey Rob

We just have a handful of resellers left. However, we have seen an increase in VPS orders with WHMCS and cPanel.

I think people are just going that extra step now.

•••
Hey Rob

We just have a handful of resellers left. However, we have seen an increase in VPS orders with WHMCS and cPanel.

I think people are just going that extra step now.
I suppose that happens mostly because of increasing number of big projects with lots of media integrated.

•••
I think that our demand for reseller accounts is still growing quite steadily

I'm a reseller and this month so far has been my best month yet. It all depends on how much work you're willing to invest in time and service.

•••
Reselling is decreasing because there are very high competition

•••
Reselling is decreasing because there are very high competition

Yes, I agree, especially when the new business types appear online everyday. Less expenses, and weaker competitions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back